Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Mayor Journeyman

People play TLPs for a fresh start, they don't want to join mischief despite a compelling ruleset. It's too far into the expansions and completely unappealing to people who don't want to play the game in that era. People play TLPs to play what they loved in the eras they loved, and what this rule set does is completely upend that appeal. It fundamentally changes the game in a way that breaks what made it exciting
    Critt, wade_watts and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  2. Mayor Journeyman

What is GoD? I'm joking, but people don't play TLPs for that era
  3. Kunfo Augur

Well, not like it would make it any worse.
  4. Lejaun Augur

But all the changes that have been made through EQ's history and random loot and such is how EQ was originally released like, right?

This isn't that hard of a choice. Like the rules? Play on the server. Can tolerate the rules and want a fresh TLP? Play on the server. Don't like the rules? Don't play on the server. It's a fresh start TLP and if you don't like it join an older TLP or live server or wait for next year's TLP or wait for P99 green 2.0.
    Kukaw likes this.
  5. Lejaun Augur

They wouldn't want to do that because it would compete with Yelinak for being in the same era.
  6. Mayor Journeyman

rogue epic just went from the easiest epic to an absolute nightmare
  7. Trident Elder

single necro or sk, no. cle/enc duo? ezpz for pretty much anything in classic.
  8. Zapsos Augur

No thanks, not every server needs freetrade
    Fallfyres and Lejaun like this.
  9. Mayor Journeyman

Accurate
  10. Phire Journeyman

What's going to be really funny is when enhanced mana regen is a thing.

A group of clerics outside the raid that have unlimited mana.
    B0HICA, Rasper Helpdesk and Crabman like this.
  11. Mayor Journeyman

Nah, I'll play another game this time
  12. Kunfo Augur

Oakwynd makes a decent name for my D4 druid come to think of it
    Dachhan likes this.
  13. Crabman Augur

youre right. instead of 3 out of 26 it should be 4 out of 27 starting in may
    Tenne and Kunfo like this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

mostly, but the lock establishes a precedent and also takes away a lot of what people play EQ for 24 years for. It's not Everquest. It's Everqust 2. Griefers will always grief, this is an online game. i personally have played continuously on TLPs on one account or six others either casual or raid level and literally have never had this happen to me.
    I was leveling a new ranger in Blightfire last night. Some unknown geen /con blue skinned froglok runs past me at like 15% health trying to live to Goru Kar Mesa zoneline. the level 51 ddruid on autofollow on my 2nd PC who is there to recast thorns and snare morale fails, out of group, broke off and cast DoTs on the Undead that was chasing him and killed it.

This is a 100% true story, not some made up hooey.

these changes would not only prevent the OMG >social< interaction with the other player AND my druid box would be useless so why DID I buy that mount for him a day or two before? Seriously. I had a druid box and wasn't PLing because I prefer skilled characters and actually LIKE leveling, like the game was supposed to be played. Seriously, we've made it this far without this net nannying.

But then, the first time I played Everquest.. /consent Playername meant loot rights to get your stuff.

There were no witness relocation scrolls, there were GMs <IN GAME> If you were foul, the whole server knew it the next day.

Part of the beef is it's a new, game changing mechanic and is untested.

REAL human beings pay REAL life cash for assets, only to have some utterly fail server due to this setting.

Mischief, by this hour after bing announced had literally 20 guilds starting, some already organized static groups, on Discord, etc. Oakwynd?

/crickets.
    Jakken likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This.
  17. Sweetkisses New Member

Pretty sure you can actually skillup some of those things on the soulbinder. Little tip I know I’ve used on some skills I was surprised I could do on him.
  18. Aiona Augur

Do you really need more incentive to box?

I would rather have incentives to group, personally.
    Fallfyres, Zrender and Lejaun like this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

Kite away. I'll be with whatever guild I join up with buffing up at the AoC waiting for our instance to finish populating. I've done the fight for OW mobs and I prefer my sleep over sweating over when OW mobs spawn.
  20. Aiona Augur

I concur, and I have been playing on both of those servers nearly non-stop.
    Fallfyres, Zrender and Joules_Bianchi like this.