Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Sourpickels New Member

Agreed, give the people what they want!!! Free trade and open races/classes out the gate and xtra loot!!!!!!!
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

the RMT sock puppet accounts are out in force on this, that want to sell rares so lobby for free trade. accounts with single and double digit posts to forum / years lol.

also-

Do Free trade servers merge to FV or to Vox upon reaching live BTW?
  3. jordune Augur

I will. This server encourages me to play the game more and try out new characters because the more that I do, the higher the next character's XP bonus will be.
    only till the next expansion drops then u lose all that xp bonus
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

The fact that they made a big deal about an "experiment" and that it could go to live tells me they made up their minds a long time ago that come hell or high water, whatever garbage they came up with was going to Live in whatever idiotic form it took.

And that's what this FTE stuff is...absolute garbage. I don't want any of this infecting the Live servers.
    Kunfo likes this.
  5. Dominate Augur

Nah. Just release Mischief 2.0 for those that missed it the first time around. Simultaneous launch. Everyone that has beat the drum for that ruleset being trash can play on Oakwynd. The flood of subs will flock to Mischief 2.0 and have happy fun land.
    Faydra likes this.
  6. Khanfu Elder

Could we please get an Alternative server along side the announced experimental server?

I truly believe there is a strong consensus among the community that another option would be welcomed.

I vote for a free trade- relaxed truebox server.

Anyone else feel free to post your ideas. Please don't reply to others about how their ideas on FUN are horrible... everyone here just wants to play EQ and have FUN. This is a game.

Hopefully this one wont get removed. Thanks all!
    chepi, Pixnmode, brede and 5 others like this.
  7. Trox2010 Augur

That is a good point; if a chanter Mind Wipes a mob that he fully debuffed while having it mezzed; so that he doesn't get squashed soon as it is woken up, will that mob now be unkillable until it walks back and resets?
  8. Atrocity Journeyman

This thread shows perfectly why they resisted doing free trade. It is not because it wouldn't be popular. It is because every server after it would have people clamoring non-stop for more free trade. Free trade trivializes an already trivial game. It was fun on Mischief for a while (for me) but makes all of the game pointless if you have enough krono, and drastically increases incentive for exploiting, duping, and being an all-around . If I swipe my credit card, I can literally purchase a power level from level 1-75, max AA and full BiS. Now, that may cost several hundred to a few thousand dollars, but I could do that in a weekend. I say this as someone who has a character I've been playing on Mischief off and on since launch.

Compare that to this server. No PL, so can't swipe to level AAs or characters. No free trade, so can't swipe to get BiS level loot in any expansion. There may be exceptions, but actually having to earn the achievements in a game is a good thing, in my opinion. This server will be drastically harder to earn krono on for the big players, and making those lives harder makes me happy. Once Mischief completes its march through the expansions, I think then it will be a reasonable time for another free trade TLP, but not before.
    Fallfyres and Zrender like this.
  9. Sourpickels New Member

We need Free trade and random loot. Nothing worse then going to raid after raid not getting anything because loot doesn’t drop or your still waiting in line for it…. Nope!
  10. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Free trade all the way!!!

True box im fine with, less box armies, but not a deal breaker either way for me.
    Khanfu likes this.
  11. Dominate Augur

Should we tell him that you have been able to swipe your card and accomplish this on every server since 1999? Nah?

You should play on Oakwynd and the rest of the credit card swipers play on the Mischief 2.0 you don't want.
    Crabman likes this.
  12. Kunfo Augur

Free trade yes, truebox or relaxed box both fine as long as they don't completely unlock it like the Ragefire days.

This is all moot though since they proved today they don't listen to what their players want.
    Khanfu likes this.
  13. Khanfu Elder

Why don't they just test all these theories?

release the planned server and a Free trade-relaxed true box. side by side... lets see what the player base prefers? why is CHOICE a bad word?
  14. Elabone Augur

I honestly would love to see some screenshots of someone character selection screen on a TLP with more than 1 max level character. Ive been in Server First guilds as well as VERY casual guilds. And I honestly cannot think of 1 person that ive met that had multiple toons on a single account.

Im not saying there arent people that do this, but to claim that the amount of people playing alts is more than the amount of people utilizing a second account for their alt is pretty crazy lol.
  15. mark Augur

I am a recycler most new tlps il start on,sick of using 6 pc on a new tlp,love the first to ingage idea but it needs to be modified where help from outside his allowed but the first to engage getts the kill.
  16. Crabman Augur

Tell me you know that this is incorrect. I get you are trying to make an argument but this is just 100% false.
  17. D4 it is FTE is the real EQ killer

Will be legendary… you can kite them indefinitely. I predict a dedicated team holds them ransom until GM intervention.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

amazing how many single and double digit post to forums accounts are sock puppeting free trade. This alone makes me want to skip this server lol.

RMT RMT RMT, no PLing so they gotta milk free trade. Want free trade? It's already on a TLP server.
    Skuz, Komodon and Khanfu like this.
  19. Atrocity Journeyman

Well, if you're motivated, you could probably pay for raid carries and loot within a raid on Oakwynd. Its not that you couldn't before, its that its easy and encouraged on Mischief, where more than half the raids are GDKP that directly facilitate RMT. You have your RMT server, its Mischief, doesn't mean every server after it also has to be the fullest implementation of an RMT server as well. I like that they are trying the "opposite", although the true opposite would be a self-found server, which could also be interesting. Point being, some people like servers where you have to actually do the content to get the rewards.
  20. Makin Apprentice

I won't Lie. If todays announcement said the new TLP would use the Firiona Vie rule set (free trade -relaxed truebox) i would have renewed my subscription, purchased 10+ Krono and cleared my work schedule for the first week of launch.

But with the encounter locking rule I'm a little hesitant. I may consume a Krono to jump in and make a character and try it out, but I'm most defiantly not ecstatic about it.
    Kunfo and Khanfu like this.