Lady Vox / Lord Nagafen Complaint

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phatcat, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Meeko Developer(Code)

The banishment functionality was code-based and being checked every time you meleed, cast on, or aggroed an NPC in any zone. One of the considerations for it's removal was the ongoing zone performance improvements the team has been working on.
    GrandOpener, Raccoo, Eviara and 16 others like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

awesome and thanks for popping in.with real information!

Now do swarm pet procs!

(and fix proper pet melee damage lag!)

someting something Umbral Plains triggered mobs missing for over a year...

It's not just Everquest, it's Everdev (tm)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

They are everywhere. If you doubt us, run to SG there is one next to the WW zone in. There is also one at the Skyfire mountains zone line in Overthere, and there is one just outside of VT.
  4. Phatcat New Member

Agreed, this is the first logical argument for it. This change was explained to me in-game as the result forum complaints about the level cap (it now appears incorrectly). I can accept that as a reason. Although, was the server load from those two zones really that heavy?
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Meeko said every melee, every cast engendered a server check of zone in ALL zones, but just enabled at Naggy and Vox, so the checks were systemwide and constant, contributing to system lag.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I take it you are a returning player.

AoCs have been on live for a few years now. Just go to PoT you will find loads of them dotted around at every zone entrance.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

AoCs were added to Live at least last year or maybe the year before. The black robed Agents are all over.

As for dragons in the wild on Live: I play on Firiona Vie. I killed a few of the overland dragons with my bard when she was 90+ and finally working on her epic. Some I killed weren't even for the epic piece I was working on at the time I jsut happened to see them or they were in the vicinity of the Named I was looking for and slaughtering placeholders for. There is one in Skyshrine I think I killed a half dozen times before I got the bit I was looking for from something else..

In my opinion, Agents of Change has made it not as attractive to "keep them dead" since that had been used in the past to prevent others from getting them.
    Nennius and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Look harder. All the older expansions have them.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't understand why you care, at all. It's ancient content on the live servers.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

"shocked"

lol
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Got it. So you are very passionate about a thing despite having no idea how it works. That's pretty common these days.

You've also completely glossed over several valid reasons I've mentioned that this was changed (hunter achievement anyone?) Or has it been so long since you've played that you don't know what that is either?

The banish mechanic checking constantly on every mob in every zone is something I didn't know, and of course that's an even better reason than all the other ones mentioned.
    Joules_Bianchi and Dre. like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I enjoy Nag/Vox as much as anyone. But the banishment thing was dumb back then, just as it is today.

Good riddance.
    Yinla and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Not just a like, but a like and !!!!
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  14. Phatcat New Member

Good to see your keeping trolling alive.

AoC is a valid oversight. When I tried to use them I found them not available on Live. I do see it was added in 2021. Perfectly understandable that I tried to use them and wrote them off when I couldn't.

You are correct, I took a break for about 8 years between 05 and 13 - but I have been playing for the past 10 years now since then, across 14 accounts.

I am not following you on your hunter achievement argument. Nothing was preventing a player over 52 from getting the achievement, just group with a lower level player.

Agreed, server optimization is a great reason to make the change. The dev saved you, take the win. Just stop grasping as straws with these other hollow reasons.
  15. Juzam_Djinn Elder

It was pretty tight killing Nagafen a month or so ago and having him drop three Cloaks. Like, where was that when I was killing Talendor for profit like 18 years ago?
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Only four exclamation marks? I must do better. :D