Official Oakwynd Feedback Thread (Directed by Dev)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Baulkin, Apr 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baulkin Augur

minimind and ISmellLikeInnySwamp like this.
  2. Vicus Augur

/Feedback:
    Have a meeting. Dev's collectively ask themselves, "who does this server target?"

When you realize that it is less then 1% of the playerbase, move onto a new server idea.

/End Feedback
  3. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Bump. It's a good thread to read.
  4. Zrender Augur

If they can tweak encounter locks to eliminate training and PLing it will be amazing. Encounter locking is obviously going to be very complicated. Hats off to the devs if they can pull this off. Would like to see a few things clarified.
    * ALL Group members should only get xp if they actually do something to get aggro (heal, dps, buff/debuff,etc) OR have less than 50% mana or health. This prevents AFK PLing but allows mana dump classes to med up if very low.
    * ALL aggroed mobs should IMMEDIATELY reset when aggro is dropped, regardless of if they were damaged by the initial puller OR socially aggroed by them. Immediately reset and teleport back to spawn point because it will diminish interruptions waiting for resets if someone pulls a bunch of mobs then FDs to cause disruptions.
    *Please also clarify to the player base that intentional abuse of this new mechanic will be grounds for account action. I believe that alone will greatly diminish those events.
    * I personally think LOOT should require that you had aggro when the mob died. No more SLR. If you have it, you earned it by not only being there but also participating in the kill OR it was always tradable, this goes with the spirit of encounter locking.

IF this prevents AFK PLing AND training then it will be a HUGE plus for the masses and make the server quite fun imo. PLers, KSers, trainers, megaboxers SLRing, etc, will be very loudly against this of course.

For disappointed people that love free trade, I anticipate this TLP will greatly boost Mischief and Thornblade populations with the people that love that. I played there a ton but in the end I don't enjoy that ruleset. I think if you enjoy those servers you should be very happy with this new TLP because it will enhance your server populations with players coming back and others that were on the fence waiting to see if the new one was free trade.
    Moved to this thread as I understand it will be reviewed for suggestions.
  5. Appren Gnomercy

Stuns should still work on locked encounters, to enable a much desired service for the EQ population.
  6. Baulkin Augur

Please copy and paste this to the thread linked in the first post. It's where we are trying to direct feedback.

Thanks!
  7. Sakuraba Augur

The vocal minority is the 1% though. The greater portion of the 99% just go along with y'all out of fear of losing their home if they don't.
  8. Baulkin Augur

It's just like anything. Unless we tell them what we are thinking they can't know. That's why no matter your opinion it's a good idea to give them feedback.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

After a discussion on Discord Accendo indicated that we as a community should direct our feedback to the Producer Letter's Forum Thread.

After a discussion on Discord Accendo indicated that we as a community should direct our feedback to the Producer Letter's Forum Thread.

This is NOT that thread though.
    Pelrond and Jyve like this.
  10. Aiona Augur

No.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This should be stickied, pruned and locked. Posts should go where Accendo directed, not this fake "official" thread, which is NOT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot https://photos.app.goo.gl/RxgSB8xhWDpK3GoDA

Therefore it appears if we want our feedback to be heard by them we should post it where they want.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-producer’s-letter-april-2023.289799/

Please remember to be polite and if possible constructive.

Thank you
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Joules_Bianchi and minimind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.