Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Baulkin Augur

2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

LMAO You totally made this up.

If they kill PLing, they kill Kronos, which is WHY they TLP every year.

It's about DPS races to KS mobs and the resulting complaints...which have been the same whines since 1999 and why they changed the PnP to specifically address it.

Shh don't tell anyone, this is just how the devs want to get the whiners all off the other TLPs

SsshhHhh
  3. Vicus Augur

/Feedback:
    Have a meeting. Dev's collectively ask themselves, "who does this server target?"

When you realize that it is less then 1% of the playerbase, move onto a new server idea.

/End Feedback
  4. Baulkin Augur

5. Kunfo Augur

Whoever came up with the encounter locking idea clearly doesn't play, and never has played, EQ1.
    Thatoneguy666 and weewooweewoo like this.
  6. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

imagine getting your mob stolen and then they loot the no drop item to sell in EC while you cry in your soup
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Bypassing trash clears. Have an ungrouped bard run and train everything, have the raid/group move up to whatever camp/target you want, bard fades/dies. Raid/group watches the train safely path back home and only has to deal with whatever mobs have a spawn point near the new camp spot.

You can kinda do this now, but risky as chain agro could bring the entire train back onto the raid/group, this would make it trivial.
    B0HICA, Phire and Crabman like this.
  8. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

No, it does not. You can still load up on buffs and damage shields. You can also use a twink and put it in the group for whatever level group you need and pull with it also using damage shields/buffs from outside the group. And while it says you can't damage the mobs it says nothing about aggro. So once the mob is pulled you can have your bard pl bot rip aggro so the lowbie group stays alive. There will still be ways for sure.
  9. Komodon Augur

If you are going to limit the feedback to just this message board, and where some of the most consistently notorious large scale boxers come to gather and would hypothetically always be among the first people replying in support of that observation...then sure no doubt.

I'm guessing the feedback will be much different going the other way *in* game and in the event you polled the majority of the people in classic who pop into OOT to try and farm their pair or 2 of jboots on Swarm Alert Island for example though :)

That said encounter locks that kicked in only after doing even say 5% damage to a mob's total HP seems like the much better and detailed solution fix if possible.
  10. Zrender Augur

Encounter locking is obviously going to be very complicated. Hats off to the devs if they can pull this off. Would like to see a few things clarified.
    * ALL Group members should only get xp if they actually do something to get aggro (heal, dps, buff/debuff,etc) OR have less than 50% mana or health. This prevents AFK PLing but allows mana dump classes to med up if very low.
    * ALL aggroed mobs should IMMEDIATELY reset when aggro is dropped, regardless of if they were damaged by the initial puller OR socially aggroed by them. Immediately reset and teleport back to spawn point because it will diminish interruptions waiting for resets if someone pulls a bunch of mobs then FDs to cause disruptions.
    *Please also clarify to the player base that intentional abuse of this new mechanic will be grounds for account action. I believe that alone will greatly diminish those events.
    * I personally think LOOT should require that you had aggro when the mob died. No more SLR. If you have it, you earned it by not only being there but also participating in the kill OR it was always tradable, this goes with the spirit of encounter locking.

IF this prevents AFK PLing AND training then it will be a HUGE plus for the masses and make the server quite fun imo. PLers, KSers, trainers, megaboxers SLRing, etc, will be very loudly against this of course.

For disappointed people that love free trade, I anticipate this TLP will greatly boost Mischief and Thornblade populations with the people that love that. I played there a ton but in the end I don't enjoy that ruleset. I think if you enjoy those servers you should be very happy with this new TLP because it will enhance your server populations with players coming back and others that were on the fence waiting to see if the new one was free trade.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I've deleted the extra quote command 3x now and it keeps reappearing, 2nd time this month this forum has had artifact HTML
  12. Mithra Augur

For 4 it's just the NPC immune to damage/spells, you can still get your sow and chloro?
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

14. coltongrundy Augur

The thing is, daybreak still does not recognize camps. So you're going to see stuff like 1 person waiting at your "camp" for a named to spawn and tag it real fast and then it's locked to them. even if they don't have the dps to out damage your group, it won't matter because its locked to them they can take as long as they want to kill it they just have to survive long enough for it to die and it's a guarantee that they "stole" it from your group.

it also means pl groups are not possible, and if people join a group and want to bring their boxes to do some out-of-group dps, that's not possible any more. out of group healing might still be possible, they didn't mention if you could heal people that are locked in an encounter or not, so not sure till we see it.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. weewooweewoo Journeyman

16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Krono sales = EQ still a game.
  17. Lexx42 New Member

What about boxers self-PLing? or PLing my girlfriend?

I would be happy if the AoE PL spammers die out, but the rest? I like small scale powerlevelling, and also aoeing, especially the nondisruptive kind.
  18. Kunfo Augur

Hats off to the devs for ruining EQ after 24 years with a change no one was even asking for, sure.
    Thatoneguy666 and toxicsmell like this.
  19. Zrender Augur

Thanks for the well reasoned and intellectual response.
    toxicsmell likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Server will be dead before it launches if they kill PLing

Game will be dead if they kill off Krono sales.