Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Zrender Augur

I'm trying to decide how this is going to help disruptive PLers. On the one hand, if they are body or social pulling, it should be possible to strip mobs off their pulls without any chance of them getting the xp, on the other hand, they can come and use fast cast low dps pulls and completely take over a camp easily with no option to compete against it. I vote to require all group members to at least have some kind of aggro during the fight to get xp (buffs, heals, etc), which will require some kind of participation at least, to be PLd. This would eliminate afk PL groups and make the game far more interesting to me.
    I am also trying to understand how the encounter locking will work. Let's say player1 body pulls a mob and it's buddy mobs (aka the rest of the zone) then socially aggro, Player1 then pulls the mobs to player2, player1 then feigns death, note he still hasn't done damage. Since player1 did no damage (only had social aggro which dropped on FD) do the socially aggroed mobs then train to player2 and wipe their camp? Remember, player1 has not done any damage to the mobs. In other words does this prevent training? If it doesn't prevent training then I fail to see any benefit at all to adding this.

If encounter locking requires all group members to have done something AND prevents training then it has huge potential to be an excellent server (at least for my playstyle).
  2. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

The more I think about it, the encounter locking alone is probably a deal breaker for me anyway.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. coltongrundy Augur

I didn't say that, and that's not even the implication you can take away from what I said unless you're deliberately being dishonest.
    I said it's easier for people to take it from you. How can you interpret that as it's good the way they used to be able to take from you?
  4. taliefer Augur

AoC's are the only one of those that got implemented everywhere. If FTE was a server specific thing, I dont think people would care as much,
  5. EQStoptheH8 New Member

No. Mischief and FV are just fine thanks! This new ruleset is so funny! I cant even count the number of threads asking to stop the power lvlers, to stop the ksing, and you got it ! LOL
  6. code-zero Augur

It's fairly obvious that a great many of you have absolutely no idea how aggro currently works much less how the FTE mechanics will change things.
    Fallfyres and Yinla like this.
  7. jordune Augur

i agree.. a basic free trade for improvement
    as it stands this server is a yelinak clone with things that make zero sense until luclen+
    Faydra and Khanfu like this.
  8. Corvo Accidental Puller of Dracoliche

Nah, it'll be fine; hardly anyone will be playing on this unless they change the ruleset.
    Scruff likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

I am pretty sure that chanters not being able to lock down massive groups of mobs is a plus in their books.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

Why? Please no. This is like nothing. We have 125% loot modifier in Kunark, and 200% loot modifier in TSS. Change PoP to 150% Loot Modifier.
  11. jordune Augur

1 xp pot = the same effect
  12. Ruhi Augur

pretty easy for folks to call up friends to come over to the camp - or hop on my 6 box of necros - or holler at my sk friend

"easier" is subjective - my point is killstealing via dps exists on other servers - killstealing via fte will exist on the new tlp - ks'ing is part of eq

i think the major complaint here is folks who are used to winning these races (whether it's a friend static group, boxing, or playing gimmick classes with clickable/instant dds) won't be able to defend their no such thing as camps "camp" cause anyone with a good ping has a change to swipe it regardless of the dps support they have.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Larsen Augur

If it was like triple the amount that they announced, it might have mattered a bit. 10% per max-level char you've made, though? Completely pointless. Nobody's gonna level to max enough times to seriously get anything out of this.
    spiff likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You'll notice the EXP bonuses for maxing toons? That is to help offset the exp loss when folks are starting new toons. Just buff up the toons with the highest level buffs they can take. Leveling goes fast enough between that and the exp bonus.
    Zrender likes this.
  15. Scruff Elder

but it didn't change anything outside of spitting on people who just play one character - those that wanted to lock down huge groups just made additional boxes to simulate the same stun rotation through multiple characters
    a profitable change at the expense of the individual's convenience
  16. Larsen Augur

Oakwynd, despite being labeled by the devs as "highly experimental," is nowhere near as experimental as the previous two generations of servers (Mischief and Vaniki). Sad and comical, to be honest.
    Thatoneguy666, Zinkeh and Vicus like this.
  17. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

truebox, is that you!?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Ruhi Augur

i think their word choice of saying it "could" be applied to live servers is causing the kneejerk and concerns, but they also say it's experimental - so it depends on the feedback (the cs tickets) that will determine how detrimental it will be - most of my argument comes from all the assumptive scenarios of how fte will be soooo toxic, which there are already extremely toxic areas within the game on most servers (depending on the xpac it's on)
    Zrender likes this.
  19. Ythera Augur

I wouldn't mind if they applied the bonus xp/faction/rares/money to other servers.
  20. jordune Augur

this is just another yelinak server with stuff..
    it kills me that they could have made a Super mischief server by doing quality of life things that we all have been asking for ..
    Mischief server with improved xp rates, reduced lockouts, relaxed truebox at the start and let us start in kunark or velious.. a real cash cow for dbg and somehting most here have clearly stated they wanted.