Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Money isn't the problem for me. I already box 6-12 characters every TLP anyway. I just think it is insane that the average player who wants to box a healer or whatever class needs to buy additional hardware.

There weren't many "54 man armies" to begin with. If anything, those people are now using VMWare to cut costs on hardware and evade the rule entirely anyway lol. People who want to box will box regardless. Why make it more annoying than it has to be?
  2. coltongrundy Augur

just stay on mischief, guy. there's nothing on this server worth switching over from mischief.
  3. Animosity Elder

Locking just turns this game more into a WoW wannabe rather than what made EQ great. Bad and boring idea.
    Siah and Paradisic_parasite like this.
  4. TheRealMuramx Elder

In the early stages of a TLP absolutely. Add free trade on it and it's even worse. If you think when Kunark is unlocked people aren't perma camping a fung... Or throughout the early game when they let the pre nerf stuff drop for a little bit.
  5. Lejaun Augur

If only there were other servers that you could play on.....
    Fallfyres and Zrender like this.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Yeah, that's what the word "easier" means. I didn't say this has never happened before and now it will. I said it makes it easier to do. They don't even need the DPS to beat you. They just need to be able to survive until the mob is dead and take all they time they need. Even if your group can out damage them, too bad. It doesn't even take a group to sit on you. It only takes one person ready to tag the mob as soon as it spawns.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  7. Larsen Augur

But it's HiGhLy ExPeRiMeNtAl! o_O

In reality, it'll have almost no impact on how the game is played. It just changes the way in which KSing is done, but in the grand scheme of things, this is very close to a blank carbon-copy TLP. All those hilariously meaningless 'per expansion' bonuses are equally bereft of real impact because the ones that actually make a real difference come long after the point in time when a TLP has normally died if it doesn't have an actually special ruleset like Mischief.

Hilarious (and sad) that they called this HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL.
    spiff likes this.
  8. Elabone Augur

I dont know your history, but i have been 6 boxing since Fippy, Ragefire and Lockjaw.
    There were definitely a large amount of players that were boxing 24+ toons and several that were boxing full raids.

I dont disagree that some of those players may be using VMware, but i think you would find most people just bought mini computers.

Maybe its a by product of also implementing DZs, but i have not seen a single 54 man team since on a truebox server since ragefire. Ive definitely seen 18-24 mans, but even those are rare. IMO truebox did exactly what it had intended to do.
    Herf likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

Maybe not for Classic, but beyond that there are many who would prefer at least a 6 month unlock. It comes down two two different player types:

- achievers who revel in rapid advancement

- explorers who enjoy seeing everything there is to see, and reliving old times, possibly on multiple characters.
    Fallfyres and Franklin Tanklin like this.
  10. taliefer Augur

they have literally said they want to implement these changes to live servers and every server going forward. its the whole reason this server exists. I dont think people are overreacting, its a fundamental change to how everquest works.
    Yinla and weewooweewoo like this.
  11. Ruhi Augur

if a group or 5 box or 2 sk's or whatever that's more dps than me or my group - there's no way to combat that either outside of bringing in more people/boxes - or distastefully training/attempting to whipe them.
    the veteran lords of ks'ing know all the tricks - your statement means you support the stealing of rares if they DO have the dps to out damage your group?
  12. Jmitch Lorekeeper

Adding free trade would be a great improvement to the server's ruleset.
    spiff, Faydra and Khanfu like this.
  13. Sakuraba Augur

It's because it will prevent the easier powerleveling methods and the Krono farmers will not be able to make their millions as quickly.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Jontrann Augur

Feels like a retail wow developer made this server
    Joules_Bianchi and Animosity like this.
  15. Lexx42 New Member

If this whole FTE thing stays, that is...
  16. UltrawideGameGuy New Member

Random loot and free trade is what will bring in numbers, let alone make leveling multiple characters on one account actually viable (account raid lockouts mean group game only for all but one character per account, right?)

Then again, Mischief is going to have more players than this server after a month. I'll just pretend Mischief is the new TLP and play there again, I think.
  17. Sakuraba Augur

Remember to Like if you are agreeing, Likes increase Dev visibility.
  18. Ruhi Augur

as were AoC's, mischief loot, etc and so on and so forth. - fundamental changes to the game
  19. zenless Journeyman

Yes, add free trade! Bump
    Wordor and Khanfu like this.
  20. Rebelord Journeyman

Well, like I said, I would love to see the stats on this after the fact. I personally think it's not going to change people finding groups more often. I would argue anyone putting forth the effort to level alts and maintain them between unlocks for the bonus will have a small group of friends leveling, power leveling themselves or just more people paying krono levelers to do it for them. But hey, lets hope I'm wrong and it promotes being able to find more groups.It would be greatly beneficial for server health.