Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Lulia New Member

Really well said, these seem to be ideas from people who don't play the game.
    Kunfo likes this.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

if encounter locked npcs can attack people that they are not locked to, then the training will be worse than ever before because 1 single mob even when you're ready for it will force you to zone. and if encounter locked npcs cannot attack people that they are not locked to, then that the door opens for lots of exploiting.

plus all the toxic shenanigans of people locking mobs just to prevent others from getting them. someone from a rival guild sees you set up to kill general in kithicor, they just aggro it and can kite it around the zone forever and keep it locked. you can't even try to pull it off of them any more.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

Try actually reading what the post says
    YouDaGoob and Critt like this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Played on mischief since day 1 and still do.

I see the occasional mage box group go by, but have never had one KS me.

Do some people box more than one mage? Sure, that mean they're KSing devils? Nope, but this guy wants you to believe that.
  5. Herf Augur

Yep, no PL'ing. That and the fast unlocks make the new server utterly uninteresting to me.
  6. wayne62682 New Member

Maybe it's because I'm not a real EQ player but always wanted to try but what's wrong with that "encounter locking"? It sounds like what most other MMORPGs have in "tapping" where once you tag a creature nobody else can get anything from it

Is it just bad because of how EQ works?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Its also reassuring to know that they cant do anything about it, like training me as I take 15 minutes killing it on their heads, while totally protected from other monsters in the area. No more having to worry about the other boxes waking up and burning down the mob. The more I think about this new approach, the more I am liking the new ruleset to further enhance the legal "no camp" rule.
    Velzira likes this.
  8. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Wish more people understood that instead of vomiting up the same "it protects us from botters" nonsense. Big upvote to you.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we don't even know if this is the rule that they are thinking about adding to all servers, it could just be the legacy character and bonus for having max level characters.
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  10. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

8-12 weeks is fast unlocking? o_O
  11. Rebelord Journeyman

I think it'll be great for them, think of all of the people wanting their other 9 characters leveled so their main can get 100% bonus.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to feel obligated to spend most of my time not playing the character I want to play in order to be able to keep up with others. Not to mention all the other extra money I'll have to spend to do it.
  12. Jontrann Augur

Timegating perks like what in the actual fk. Didn't know i wanted to play world of warcraft.
  13. taliefer Augur

bust out the socks, its time to poop
  14. Khanfu Elder

If they really want to get some data on such a drastic change to the way EQ plays why not go free trade? I just don't see it being popular otherwise. Random is up for debate, but I say yes for free trade.
  15. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

What am I missing? Putting 2 chars near full boxed groups and then tagging named mobs and slowly killing while the group provides an aggro buffer around you from other mobs. Are you saying thats not possible?
  16. coltongrundy Augur

PL groups are dead. enchanter armies won't be able to stun out of group. high level character tanking with DS for low level PL groups won't work any more either.
  17. ntellect Augur

/open door

*checks new TLP ruleset*

/close door

*returns to enjoying free trade of Mischief*
    spiff, wade_watts and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  18. ntellect Augur

Its on Mischief :)
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

well... I personally was against

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89406

ever being in game for the same reasons.

PnP did to WoW FFA conventions and the expactations of so many EQ players who came from WoW.

FFA is just how most game are, so the gaming population expects it.

long story short, you can't police people's intentions. Encounter locks will not stop griefers.

also-

the box armies are more a symptom of software help and less to do with PnP confirming that EQ is FFA.
  20. Sweetkisses New Member

Sounds like aggro clearing for the monk part won’t be a thing if the lock doesn’t fall off until the mob goes back to spawn and resets.

If anything I can see this being used in other ways too.

If I tag a mob next to a namer in a room and drag it back to near a group im not in but helping, the mob I tagged may be locked to me but the named mob with him I have not touched.

So could someone come and grab him after I flop and not aggro the one I have locked still? Seems like a way to exploit some pulls. Depends if locked mobs ignore social aggro to unlocked mobs and what action is necessary to lock a mob.

If it’s aggro based or 1st point of damage based. (And do damage shields count?)

A lot of this boils down to implementation, but I think the worst way it could be implemented is for locks to occur without intentional action as there’s myriad problems that could cause.