Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Sweetkisses New Member

Will make pulling kinda interesting if you can have locks disassociating mobs from their respective faction assisting. Like, 2 separate mini train pulls going through and ignoring each other? I’m not sure exactly how yet but I can see some shenanigans being attempted by having an outside party intentionally lock mobs to help break up some pulls.
  2. Senthin1 Journeyman

As someone not planning on ever leaving Mischief, i think this rule set is perfect!
    Zrender and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  3. Sweetkisses New Member

Sounds like they return to spawn first, so I’m guessing that the unlock will occur with the HP returning to full.
    Fallfyres and code-zero like this.
  4. Lineater Augur

Mischief still king. You love to see it.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Making competing rulesets kills server populations. Mischief, of all the TLPs I've played on, has the best chance for success to live. Drawing players off would only serve to cripple both servers in the long game.

Also- new features to a TLP should be somewhat standalone to track popularity.

Also- Encounter locking kinda goes hand in hand with Garanell Rucksiff having those boots, and not some rando elsewhere in the expansion. Like why even would we need Encounter locking then if any rando could drop that item?
  6. code-zero Augur

Yea, is social aggro going to go away?
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Norrath council of 80% raiders.
    They can get away with their interests without doing a server meetup to show interest.
    Anti PvP council.

They do something that no one wants, clearly.

Yet for PvP, you gotta meet their demands. Have to goto a server meetup and have 10,000 count just to get PvP ruleset.

EQ politics is the result of this ruleset.
    Norrath Council of raiders deciding everything EQ.

Where else did this idea come from? Research?
    Did you research people who are interested in this?

Nope just peoples agenda. They hate PvP so they make it tough, while their ideas, become so without any research, data, interest needed.
  8. Angered The Ogre New Member

its going to make epics real bad i would say the group game will be odd with no out of group help! Mez named mob afk
  9. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Why do people who still play this old game do so? Because we like the game and the way it plays. Fundamentally changing how the game plays is b-a-d. This is a good idea if you want to lose players, guaranteed.
  10. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Sorry Tucoh, there are PvP elements in there, so the rest of your post and ideas will be ignored and the anti-PVPers will tell you there is no interest and devs have more important things to do.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

@ Devs

Fellowships might be tweaked to allow for out of combat cooperation, such as snares, roots, PL pulling etc.
  12. HuggyBear Journeyman

Just imagine how fun it is going to be with 1 enchanter locking down an epic mob for 5 days straight. Cannot outside DPS to kill it and since he has it mezzed he keeps the lock on forever.
    Hekkthebank, Bananabread and Siah like this.
  13. Angered The Ogre New Member

they clearly didnt think of this when they made the server lol! Level up a new toon on the same account but you cant raid because it has a lock out!!! They didn't even know about the AOC lock im 100% sure of it lol!!! Who in the hell would level a char on the same account with the aoc lock out its worthless until OOW (GOD still has AOCS)
    weewooweewoo likes this.
  14. Lexx42 New Member

Yelinak *IS* life!
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

He also needs to stop giving quests to kill 5 of X-type mobs, then there's a total of 7 in the ENTIRE FREAKING ZONE.
  16. Siah Elder

Aradune too, doubt people leaving for this new server rofl
  17. Domniatric Augur

You are assuming that will be possible.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

Ugh day one is going to be worst than the usual crap show it is.
    Chainsaw_Massacre likes this.
  19. Kahna Augur

I have multiple characters on Mischief, and they most certainly are not on the same account. DPG is capable of linking accounts though. They know all those accounts are my accounts, if they expanded this to include all your accounts it would be cool, otherwise it's pretty meh. I suppose I do occasionally put 2 characters on one account so I can mix and match, but it's rare.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

8000+ views on PvP TLE.

Very anticipated and watched if it was going to happen.

No research, no data, no proven interest ruleset happens in its stead.
    PvP had 8000+ views, thats the data.

Wheres the research for this TLP, disregard PvP interest.
    Where is this kind of TLP interest at, wheres the data?
    Pops Racer likes this.