Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Ythera Augur

Looking forward to the threads about how the mob got stuck on a rock and isn't going home and resetting.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

Between this topic and the other ones, I am noticing a suspicious amount of buttmad boxers and krono farmers while everyone else is like "Could use a bit of work but otherwise this is fine". lol.
    Ruhi likes this.
  3. Siah Elder

I just dont understand why they think this is going to stop ksing, if that is indeed the end goal? For instance: I'm at camp 1, another group is at camp 2. I see a named pop in camp 2 and tag it before they do. My named now and can take my time bringing it back to camp 1, and they can't even contest it.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

I suspect that they will be full health and clear of dots on reset as that's how I interpret reset
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

What's your ingame name going to be? I'll show how awesome it is.
    Gheed likes this.
  6. Sweetkisses New Member

Would you still be able to group someone after and let them loot?

I spent a bunch of time farming hate to gear my characters and the amount of stuff I gave away would suck to just be a loss now for them.

They need to find a way to not let this diminish a lot of what was good about EverQuest.
  7. Allizarx Journeyman

I think the real problem is the AoC lockouts shouldn't be account wide. Then you could have same account alts without artificial restrictions.
    spiff and PokerScott like this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Obviously they need refined feedback on if the announcement was early enough in April. I vote next one should be earliest April.
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

Who in the world says "buttmad"

Good lord.
  10. Siah Elder

I would imagine all the loot rules remain the same as other No Trade servers, since it's not stated otherwise.
  11. Bananabread Apprentice

I feel like starting out is gonna be a nightmare too. You know there is going to be that one guy running around tagging things in the starting area and just running them around not killing them.
  12. Sweetkisses New Member

Depends if it locks based on aggro, “any” spell landing on it, or first to do damage. (Incl pets?)

There’s a lot of unanswered questions on the specifics of its implementation that I’d like to know.
  13. Domniatric Augur

Everyone is such crybabies and naysayers. In theory at least, I think it is a good change. You engage a mob first it is your mob. I always thought this is how civilized people should behave in the first place. In my way of thinking that is way more preferable than engaging a mob THEN having some steal it. Are there potential issues? Sure, possibly. But, you guys don't even know if and what they are and are going nuts. Why?
    Lejaun and Everdork99 like this.
  14. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Perhaps hold off on this opinion until it is released and you actually try it?
  15. Critt Augur

Where to start…. Loss of revenue from having alts on same account…no free trade and account wide raid locks mean alts in lame gear…honestly do the people who come up with rules even play this game? This server needs help..
    PokerScott likes this.
  16. DosPanchos New Member

Double confirmed. Excellent.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On TLP servers you don't really get time to level mains as well as alts on the same account a 10% boost is too small to change that, if you have alts they are on separate accounts and they are your box-crew so legacy characters are completely meaningless.

This "bonus" would probably get a much better reception on live servers where there is a great deal more time to play alts on the same account between expansion releases.
    PokerScott likes this.
  18. Magician9001 Augur

Unless it comes with new anti-cheat to prevent people from agroing mobs before they fully render into the zone it's gonna benefit the type of people that "KS"

Also, definitely needs a time limit or it's gonna be a massive troll. Since people can literally just kite things around indefinitely in EQ.
  19. Lejaun Augur

It would always be full of backlash. EQ players are passionate and love hating everything. A server could be exactly what someone wants and that person would still complain.
    Ruhi likes this.
  20. Sakuraba Augur

I'm torn. On one hand we already have a big problem with people who "totally aren't boxing" keeping nameds on lockdown for 48+ hours at a time, and this may potentially worsen it.

On the other hand, it makes PLing and all but a handful of forms of general griefing much, much harder which I am honestly in favor of. Speaking from experience w/ EQ2, you don't get snipers *as* much as you'd expect.
    Fallfyres and Siah like this.