Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Brazy Augur

They don't know what they are doing. The server is terrible. Who levels multiple max level characters on one account lol? It's very clear they don't play this game.
    weewooweewoo likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be able to level up a new character faster? To be able to get your AA completed faster? People ask for experience bonuses all the time to get it done quicker and now we have a server that will add a new one for players to take advantage of.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Ythera Augur

Sounds like there could be some interesting uses to disbanding someone to sweep up mobs into the locked condition and then attacking a target with the remainder of the group. What happens if someone in your group disbands from the group while locked to a mob? What happens if they then join another group? What happens if your group is locked to a mob and join a raid?
    Siah likes this.
  4. Zohan Journeyman

+1 to free trade, with encounter locking free trade is necessary
    Khanfu and Lexx42 like this.
  5. Sakuraba Augur

What if you spent the early part of Classic playing Wizard because it's fun in small group content but isn't super welcome in Raids? Being able to catch up a Shaman or Monk that your guild would appreciate more on the raiding side specifically would be welcome.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It seems like a good idea to encourage more people to do that and it is done in Everquest 2 already.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Siah Elder

I have several question concerning this especially for raid mobs.

1. How long will the mob remain locked to someone/group/raid?

I feel as if this creates a new meta for racing making for bards/fd/maybe even invulerable classes to just agro to secure the mob and then you can form the raid afterwards. (This sounds awful)

2. How many attempts do they get on said mob if wiping?

3. Do deaths wipe the lock?

I'm sure ill have many more questions once I think about this more, just seems unnecessarily complicated.
    Bananabread likes this.
  8. Ythera Augur

There's a bunch of altoholics in my guild who would love this.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Allizarx Journeyman

Again, to do what? You can't use that character in raids since AoC lockouts extend to every character on the account. Yes, your alts on the same account will rush through to max level. And you still won't be able to use them for anything except foraging after they max AA and group content.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is fine that you don't see a need for this but many other players look for every way that they can use to get a higher experience bonus and this seems like an easy way for them.
    Fallfyres and Appren like this.
  11. Brazy Augur

I don't believe you. If you don't create a new account for a new character you aren't a real person. You are just an advanced NPC.
    Gheed likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Straw man argument is straw man argument.

I said, yes, DPS race is and was the norm.

I don't KS anyone, I don't box more than a 2 box ever really.

YOU are just trying to color others this way by way of defamation and random accusations of behavior not in evidence.

also-

namecalling people just debases you.

and I complain about encounter locking because:

1) it's a kneejerk reaction to a pretty minimal "problem" that breaks known mechanics.

2) Snaring mobs, helper dps and other such interactions have also been part of EQ since beta. Removing them to address this semi fictitious "problem" doesn't solve anything, but creates more issues.

I had a player once randomly show up and at first, it appeared he was trying to KS, by by the second mob, I realized he was doing 40-45% of mobs HPs and PLing me somewhat.

Just yesterday in Blightfire some froglok player ran past me nearly dead trying to make the Goru Kar Mesa zone. I Dotted and killed the mob and save the noob.

THIS has happened waaaaaaaay more in my EQ career as opposed to "some high power mage army" was ever interested in what I was killing.

The like one time someone did this to me, I sent tells to their guildleader and their leader bounced them from guild.
    code-zero and Gheed like this.
  13. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Encounter locking is so bad. Why would this be considered?
  14. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

IDK, at the end of PoP on Yelinak I was BIS on anything that mattered, DPS wise.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Ythera Augur

The altoholics know they have a problem, they just don't want to do anything about it.
  16. Ishbu Augur

Encounter locking is a complete non issue if you get past the first year of existence.
  17. strongbus Augur

if i was to guess it to deal with people demanding that the dervs do something bout kill stealing.(ie if i am killing a mob stop other from coming up and trying to out dps me to get the kill and loot)
    minimind likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Confirmed 2024 TLP Server Choice #2: Divinity
    • Building on the Community Resource Council system, the Divinity server will allow players who go through a qualification process to take the role of EQ deities, including:
      • Bertoxxulous: The Plaguebringer
      • Brell Serilis: The Duke of Below, Duke of Underfoot
      • Bristlebane: The King of Thieves
      • Cazic-Thule: The Faceless, Lord of Fear
      • Erolissi Marr: The Queen of Love
      • Innoruuk: The Prince of Hate
      • Karana: The Rainkeeper
      • Mithaniel Marr: The Lightbearer
      • Prexus: The Oceanlord
      • Quellious: The Tranquil
      • Rallos Zek: The Warlord
      • Rodcet Nife: The Prime Healer
      • Solusek Ro: The Burning Prince, Lord of Flame
      • The Tribunal: The Six Hammers
      • Tunare: The Mother of All
      • Veeshan: The Wurm Queen
    • These players, acting as deities, will have access to limited abilities ingame to support dynamic events, building on the long-standing Guide system. This may include events like:
      • Spawning deity-specific mobs with improved loot throughout the open-world
      • Spawning a deity-specific champion to assist players in a fight
      • Providing a temporary blessing to a group of players
      • Scheduling and organizing raid events in the open-world
      • Organizing fights with other deities
      • These events may not happen in instances
    • The extent of a deity's power is based on the number of active players who select them. Deities will accrue "divinity power", similar to mana, that they can consume to appear to players and provide challenges to them. This will be capped to 20% of the total divinity power accrued by all deities
    • Deities will be ranked based on total divinity power consumed over the last week
    • A deity's rank will confer a blessing in the form of a static buff to all players who select them
      • The blessing increases base stats, damage, healing and item drop bonus that triggers on the death of each mob
      • This blessing will scale downward based on the number of selectors such that a top-ranked deity with a large number of selectors may will provide a blessing that is worse than a lower-ranked but less popular deity
    • Each week, the bottom 5 ranked deities will be required to schedule and trigger an event where they must battle for their life in an open-world fight where players may either chose to defend or attack the deity
      • If the deity dies, the person controlling them will be removed
      • If a deity lives, their followers will receive an additional persistent buff for one week
      • The deity's level and abilities scale with the current level cap of the server
      • If this event does not happen a deity will be spawned and be game-controlled
      • A week after removal an automated server event will take place in a set location for each deity where approved players can rally forces to fight for divinity in a king-of-the-hill style fight
    • Non-deity Players will maintain a "Disciple Velocity" (building on the Loyalty Velocity system) that will increase based on activity in deity events.
      • The Disciple Velocity rewards a daily stipend of Disciple Points that can be spent petitioning deities for divine intervention events
      • Players in a group or raid can pool their Disciple Points together
      • Petitioning their own deity is done at half cost, petitioning all deities is done at double cost
      • Deities that answer the petition expend reduced Divinity Power to create an event, but the full cost is used for improving a deity's rank. The reduction is based on the amount of Disciple Points the players provided.
    • For the purposes of a mob spawning divine intervention event, deities can select loot within a zone's normal loot table equivalent to the difficulty of the mobs, such that raid mobs will drop raid loot, named will drop named loot, etc.
      • Selecting a different zone's loot table increases the divinity power consumption for the event, while providing no improvement to a deity's rank
      • Zones and players will accrue a stacking divinity exhaustion buff that reduces the drop-rate of items in divine intervention events
    • Class/race restrictions on deity choices are being relaxed. Not all combinations are possible (Ex: dwarven paladins may not chose Innoruuk), but many more combinations are possible including Vah Shir selections
    • At every expansion release each account will be gifted one heirloom deity change scroll
      • The maximum number of deity change scrolls an account may accrue is one
      • Players may purchase additional deity change scrolls from the Marketplace
    • This experimental TLP is being used to pioneer a revised Guide system for Live servers and future TLPs
    DosPanchos likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

Okay re-read it.

If the NPC loses aggro it goes home, resets and THEN unlocks.

There is nothing more simple than that. If the mob wipes your group and wanders back home nothing that anyone will do will touch it. It will go home

If someone tries to train the train ignores anyone and everyone else except the trainer and any group or raid they may be in. If aggro is lost then they NPC's all go home and only then do they reset and unlock.
    Fallfyres and minimind like this.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

I wonder this too.

Say if I get a mob to 2% health stun them. Zone out.
    Another group, the people I'm powerleveling. Finishes them.

Do the mobs unlock at 2% hp, or do they goto full health and then unlock?