angarr to yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ikarinokamii, Mar 30, 2023.

1. ikarinokamii Elder

does the angarr transfer open today. i think both servers are at ldon now.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

no. stay in your digital prison.
    FranktheBank and Lineater like this.
  3. Jedis Arch Mage

Why would you want to leave the paradise that is Agnarr? Sure, it's LDON today, but then there's Gates (eww), Omens (yay), and a bunch of expansions (eww) after. There's no way back once you transfer off.
    Herf likes this.
  4. ikarinokamii Elder

I have never seen the game past OOW, due to school, a long time ago, i would like to see the rest of the game now. i know be careful what you wish for.
  5. Appren Gnomercy

The game starts at GoD!
  6. Xhartor Augur

Wut?

GoD is an amazing expansion on TLPs.
    coltongrundy likes this.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

Said no one ever. ;)
  8. Jedis Arch Mage

In this case, I would leave your character on Agnarr and get a heroic character at 85 and use that on a live server. That way you're not stuck if you decide you don't like it.
    Herf likes this.
  9. ikarinokamii Elder

you don't really see the see the expansion if i start on a live server.
  10. Xhartor Augur

GoD had a ton of problems on it's original release, but now a days on TLP is gem of an expansion. It's one of my personal 2 or 3 favorite, and come much earlier then the others. Outside of Uqua the raids are fun, there is a ton of stuff to do on off-nights.
    Appren likes this.
  11. uk6999 Augur

Heroics are neat to mess around and destroy lower level content with but unless you understand how to play the current 2023 live version of eq, good luck in figuring it all out unless you have support. Gonna have to spend a long time in a casual guild until you do.

You get 4-5 hotbars of abilities

78 or so pages of spells

Decent group gear equiv to HoT or VoA depending if you are 85 or 100 but no augs, years of collecting, etc. Keep in mind those expacs were released 10 or so years ago though so you can immediately find better gear in the baz.

20-35 levels behind everyone else and thousands of AAs

There are no groups but you can find people to PL you for krono,etc.

Constant grind of Hotzones, HA and gribble because mob XP is in the toilet after level 70ish so good luck leveling the old way.

You still gotta buy expacs to progress. I forget how many they grandfather in at a time.

Even a 100 heroic char you gonna get roundhouse'd on any content that is probably less than 4-5 xpac's ago.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  12. Magneress Augur

GoD is fun i'd like a server that stops in GoD-OoW

or one that stops in DoDH/PoR as well

with modern QoL features enabled like the barter systems, tradeskill depo etc

the problem for me with TLPs is they are only fun when the game isn't too big once u hit the big expansions you can't keep up anymore as a casual

and ya lvl 90 characters even in bad gear can solo like upto PoP raid content sorta. Raid content is never really easy to solo past OoW problably without the perfect char/merc set up. And boxes.

And stuff like DoDH still has group requirements.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  13. coltongrundy Augur

True. It is the best TLP expansion.
  14. Xhartor Augur

UF, VoA, HoT, and SoF are all top tier expansions too.
  15. Sanduleak Journeyman

That's depressing. lol