Stop with the cute dragons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Heman wears less than Firiona Vie. Lets not start some debate about inequality in clothing standards.

Firiona Vie was changed from her traditional caster/silk/staff class to some knight/plate/sword class in The Darkened Sea, so this concern is about 9 years behind the times.

IDC that Firiona Vie got more cloths, but she shouldn't have had a class change. She also at one point was displayed in this armor with her original staff. Edit: In other words, she's a silk class, and she should still be in silk.
  2. Szilent Augur

Ever since she's had a class, it's been Paladin.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rijacki like this.
  3. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

She should call me when she has no class :)
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

She's the background on the forum. We don't know if she was originally an ENC, MAG or WIZ, but she was quite clearly not a paladin. She never should have been made a paladin, whenever or whyever that was.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

She is a princess. Maybe she was going through a rebellious phase in her youthful elven years.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

[IMG]

Firiona Vie, seen here pallin with dragons
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Firiona Vie has been a paladin as far back as 2001 when I first started playing. I was confused then by why she appeared to wear silks and carry a staff but she was and still is a paladin. She's an NPC, she can do whatever she wants. I believe she fought as a paladin in Bloody Kithicor, but that occurred in game before I started playing.

Lore of Everquest videos telling the tale of Firiona's birth to the Battle of Kithicor:

Vumad and Szilent like this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Perhaps its best if we don't see how unkind time has been.

Oh wait, it's 2023. Body positivity!
  9. Szilent Augur

unkind time because she's not a half naked prisoner of an iksar cult leader?
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

a High Elf Paladin:
    [IMG]
    Vumad and Cadira like this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The Lifeguide was an overpowered weapon, Firiona didn't need to carry any other gear anyways.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rijacki like this.
  12. Koshk Augur

Why is everyone enjoying a tasty brew except for Firiona?
  13. FYAD Augur

y'all are complaining about an art style evolving over the course of 24 years as an IP.... really?
    Rijacki, Retty, Szilent and 1 other person like this.
  14. Herf Augur

15. bbanz Elder

Give us some more cute kobolds.
    kizant likes this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Not all dragons are evil.
  17. Celephane Augur

Not every blonde high elf female is FV.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

With that miserable dragon leering at her, do you think she wants to be drunk around something like that? :D
  19. Szilent Augur

but every FV is a blonde high elf woman. yay set theory!

(that's 100% FV in the picture, that's the armor she's wearing through adventurers' most recent encounter with her during the action of Darkened Sea expansion.)
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

No its not. Her armor in TDS has lines going all the way across her chest and a 2nd gem in it. Also the bracers and shoulders have spikes. Similar, but not the same.
    [IMG]