Lack of groups on Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Dayshadez Apprentice

Number one: No one wants to group with insufferable self victims. Everything is always someone else’s fault with these types. Don’t be a self victim.

Number two: LDoN starts this week. Picking a lull period three months into PoP right before the majority of the server is going to be grinding hundreds of LDoNs to complain about a lack of grouping is peak irony. Nobody is xping because they will cap useful AAs and bank for GoD running LDoNs.

Number three: People box so much because half the time experienced players find themselves coaching inexperienced or bad players the entire lifetime of the group. Why should I sit here wiping and telling people how to play the game when I can just skip all that nonsense and box their role myself? Its not fun to hold people’s hands in a video game for hours at a time.

Number four: This game is a guild oriented game. If you aren’t in a raiding guild you are failing on two fronts. Firstly, your gear is going to suck which means your contribution will suck which slows down xp. Secondly, most people ask their guild first before looking for outsiders and a lot of the times that group gets filled with guildies and their boxes. Their raid geared boxes will contribute more than a bazaar geared person playing one account. So quit whining and get yourself into a raiding guild. Get gear. Get good. You will find your Yelinak experience much more enjoyable
    Grok likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

No, boxing hasn't opened up yet on Yelinak. It's just another boring phinny clone in a long line of boring phinny clones and was preceded by Mischief, the best server DBG has ever made. Expect the population to drop even more when the new TLP comes out.
    Appren likes this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

I'm not an anti box crusader but as somebody that mostly plays 1 char and sometimes 2 boxes I find it annoying that so many choose to go down that path but also understandable.

It's a vicious circle, people box because they don't want to deal with pugs, which leads people to either quit or take up boxing themselves which makes it even harder for people that just want to join pugs, and the cycle repeats until all that's left is boxers and a few soloers.
    Zrender likes this.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

I've seen you in action.

You're not coaching anyone up haha
  5. Stymie Pendragon

I’m not trying to be rude, but do you know what the phrase R.I.P. stands for? It stands for rest in peace, so the second part of your sentence was a bit unnecessary.
  6. brickz Augur

It's a decade old meme
    Lineater and Rcbauer like this.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

You should report him to the department of redundancy department.
    Lineater and Rcbauer like this.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

[IMG]
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Yelinak was a steaming bag of hot garbage almost on arrival. More 3+ boxers and Botters than in recent TLP and the PL spammers started almost immediately.
  10. Runes Augur

and it makes hair grow on your palms
  11. TLP Addict Augur

If you think Yeli is bad, Mischief is worse, the way loot is randomised encourages small crews to farm 1 groupable raid targets over and over with the least humans possible, so typically a 6 boxer, a pair of 3 boxers or maybe a trio of 2 boxers in order to maximize the pinata splits. These crews rarely group with outsiders so non boxers have an even rougher time.
  12. Stymie Pendragon

Well, today I learned something new!

I don’t know why a saying that makes a person typing the phrase appear to need a bicycle helmet in the bathroom is funny, but I guess I was wrong.

With that being said, I’ve been reading not only the EQ forums, but gaming forums in general daily for nearly 25 years now, and I have never heard of this being more than a typo before . Do you know where this decade old “meme” came from, and be kind enough to link it?
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rip-in-peace
  14. TLP Addict Augur

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=you must be fun at parties
  15. Stymie Pendragon