Pally questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cintile, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Tucoh Augur

I don't think the choice is so obvious for me running a 6box crew. There are so many ways for a group to support the tank with healing and precious few to support them with additional mitigation. For Mean Streets: Cut off the head, I think I might've been able to just bulldoze the mission with my warrior-driven team by no-damage tanking whatever thugs I aggro through the entire event.

The warrior is just soooo good at stacking mitigation / hp and a pal/sha/brd are sooo good at healing. Contrarily, the shadowknight will run out of mitigation abilities throughout and has to carefully decide when to use them to avoid getting one-rounded by images/tigers.
  2. Cintile Lorekeeper

I'm thinking about just boosting a Pally on my second account, same account as druid and bard, and that would free me up to group with my 111 (almsot 112) BeastLord. The BST pet can currently tank ToV group content, so I should be able to quickly get Pally up to the 110 range. Then I'm thinking I can start maining on the Pally, and have a back up pet tank for adds, slows, and some decent dps.

Thoughts?
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

For others who find their way here, the majority of Crypt of Decay is no longer undead, and the undead murkgliders in both tunnels at Wall of Slaughter are also no longer undead. Guessing the mob flagging overhaul removed/broke it. I did Hole ghosts til 64 and now there are 0 undead zones til Arcstone it would seem, rip undead leveling.
  4. Laronk Augur

I think one of the main reasons people choose SK over Paladin is the DPS
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

Ssra mine not good? Terris Thule's skelehorseguys in NightmareB, maybe? There are ghost Nihil in Natimbi, don't know if there are enough to stay busy on. Prophesy of Ro was after Depths of Darkhollow, could be that Ruins of Illsalin can be tackled at 64 - it was the popular undead zone for yearrrrs.
  6. Annastasya Augur

Do not go with a Paladin/Cleric combo. Yes, it will be very difficult to actually die, but that combination does the Second LEAST dps of any two played characters. (The least is two Clerics). And killing stuff fast is better for xp, better for mechanics, better for enjoying the game generally. That's just how the game is at all levels, in most every situation.
  7. liveitup1216 Augur

I'll have to adventure around. My knowledge on places after PoP is next to zero so I've been going by what I can find on the internet to slowly molo a paladin. Sadly most of the 60-70 range undead locations have the mobs reclassified. I'm 64 with defiant, J-healer merc, a blade of disruption, and a pocket full of dreams.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

I have updated the undead area list. To bad that CoD and WoS no longer seem to work.

Plenty of areas left to fill this gap:

46-67 - Veksar (Highborns and nobles at the far end close to the ZI)
    60-66 - Plane of Valor - Forest ruins
    61-66 - Crypt of Decay
    58-68 - Barren Coast
    65-70 - Wall of Slaughter - Undead Murkgliders
    50-75 - Estate of Unrest: The Curse Begins (Instanced task, Butcherblock Mountains, Savil Tranquilsong)
    20-80 - Befallen: The Rise of Marnek (Instanced task, Commonlands, Derin Mausrel)
    Szilent likes this.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I'm doing the same thing as the original poster to pair with my high level necro for plowing through undead content. Anyway, I have my 74 paladin equipped with Tacvi/COA raid gear at the moment and run him with my high level druid for DS/Skin buffs that let me fastkill redcons for like 4-5 percent per kill for fast leveling. Same thing as you...want to understand the class before I bounce him up to level 100 but I'm sort of impressed with the self haste and other little goodies I didn't know the paladin had. I made an Erudite simply because they seemed pretty rare. I have a high level SK but don't play him as much as I used to. Building characters is a sub-game in and of itself in EQ. Loading up a level 2 Paladin with full NTOV gear is silly fun.
  10. Laronk Augur

The level 74 paladin will actually play a lot different than a paladin is going to play at 110+ just because you get a few different things.

Target target heals, so you don't need to tab back to yourself to heal. shield flash, weapon stances, more defensive discs. I think the best way to learn a knight is to go solo stuff without a merc and then solo harder stuff. The best part of being a paladin imo is you + anyone is a group that can do something, paladins heal better than druids so you can play healer or be the healer and the tank in a group with 5 other misfits.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Some others:

70+ Frostcrypt
    70+ The Hive (Reanimation Chamber and north cavern)
    85+ The Cooling Chamber
  12. GNOME_POWER Augur

Wall of Slaughter (south cave)
    a murkglider licheglider/a murkglider soulstalker/a murkglider spiritsipper (undead)
    [IMG]

Ruins of Lxanvom [Crypt of Decay] - [PoP]
    Most of the undead are in the back of the dungeon and a few in the front.
    I couldn't fight the Greaters this time.
    a scrounging rat (looks like undead)
    [IMG]
    Szilent likes this.
  13. Iven Antonius Bayle

a scrounging rat does not look undead to me and does wear beggar rags which do fit to the name. It is a bubobian rat and those are alive.

>> Link to the bug report about the undead body type

I will take a look on those.