New Feather Cap & Cup. Good Job!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Beggly Augur

I like the way these look, one of the best looks you've come up with!
  2. Sakuraba Augur

Me on my Ranger: PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A GREEN ROBINHOOD-ESQUE HAT!

Sure enough it was lol.
  3. Annastasya Augur

YAY all my alts get to be LEGO forest men!
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

The alcoholic in me says Htnks fer The Mug, Hic!
  5. Sebbina Augur

Would like that mug aug to be shield placeable. If melee classes can have two most other classes should be able to show two, they are heirloom.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

The cap really looks great on my barbarian trader.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sorry to say that I feel the hat needs shading. It looks like a green blob and very difficult to see the folds/edges. The different parts of the hat should be shaded differently to it is clear that it has brims or folds or whatever it is called, rather than just one stocking cap type hat.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Careful what you ask for.. it may end up a shining blob like the rabbit mounts....
    Yinla, Hobitses, Jedis and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jalelorf Augur

What did macaroni mean in Yankee Doodle?

[IMG]
    To be “macaroni” was to be sophisticated, upper class, and worldly. In “Yankee Doodle,” then, the British were mocking what they perceived as the Americans' lack of class. The first verse is satirical because a doodle—a simpleton—thinks that he can be macaroni—fashionable—simply by sticking a feather in his cap.
    Flatchy, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not sure where this odd post came from but Americans were happy to be divorced from the british class system that valued upper class "noble birth" above all.
    Wyre Wintermute and Nennius like this.
  11. Baere New Member

Yes I love this. Thanks!
  12. Herf Augur

The shining blob effect can be sharply reduced by turning off Pixel Shader 2.0 in the advanced graphics panel of the UI. It also makes various pets, and the duck mount, look better.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

The More Ya Know! Thank you for that fun fact of the day. 60 years old and just now learned what that song meant lol.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It also alters the look of many items from OoW onward to have a dull appearance. I'd rather not, just because a few items have an excessive amount.
    Yinla and Silvena like this.
  15. Pip Developer

Fenthen, xcitng, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  16. Herf Augur

Ahh. Well I'm on Agnarr so that won't be a problem for us there.
  17. Jedis Arch Mage

Not a big deal, but noticed if you're wearing the bycocket, the feather will randomly disappear behind zone geometry and particle effects. You can easily observe this behavior on the character select when wearing it, by clicking the rotate button.