24th anniversary AUGS are terrible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's what really surprises me. When this new mission came out, I thought, great, a way to finally get some 18s, since I don't have any yet. Then it occurred to me to look and see how many I needed. One. For the RZ earring. So, I got curious and did an EQResource search for items with type 18 aug slots. Nothing but RZ earring, new cloak from NoS, and then a bunch of TBL gear. Are a lot of people really running around still using TBL gear?

And then let's not even get started about ANOTHER new thing from EQ which gets abandoned almost immediately, LOL!
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im still wearing the TBL chase gloves (and the RZ ear) but will swap the gloves out this expac. The other 3 TBL slots got swapped out last expac. Even so, Ive taken 3 from the mission.
  3. zleski Augur

Yes?
  4. Derka Power Ranger

TBL gear with 18/19 augs are still BiS for some classes. As a Ranger I use 5 pieces of evolving gear total(all except gloves for cold focus). The aug benefits such as accuracy and procs contribute way more dps than the stat and hme gain you're missing. If you're not concerned about DPS then you can get away with way less augs and use newer gear.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm still using the TBL shoulders and boots on my cleric simply because I haven't gotten the group drops to upgrade them to the NoS tradeskill stuff. Now, had we still been using the universal ore system, all of my primary toons would probably be fully, or near fully, in T3 gear. But we've had several nights in a row of the same type of "ore" dropping in missions and rotting most of the time...and very few "ores" dropping from named, when we're lucky enough to get one to spawn.

As to the anniversary mission rewards, the augs aren't necessarily bad. It's just that if you've already got a bunch of type 18/19 augs in whatever evolving gear you're using, these mission augs are so low on AC, HME, and heroic stats that they're not really worth losing out on those stats to gain an extremely tiny benefit of the focus effects.

I think they're primarily for folks who got the cloak in this expansion and never farmed augs in previous expansions. Long time (old) players aren't seeing much benefit from them.
    minimind and Silvena like this.
  6. Alena Elder

Most forget, some are not going to be happy if an "unrelevant" number changes. 100HP more and 1% boost because I need to kick away my old aug is not even relevant in the slightest manner. It is only a nice change for people who cannot mathematical check that dps-wise it is a joke. If the old augs would have been still working then at least the gain would be around 5%+. Everything which is not over 10-20% is something a human being would not even recognize if they would not compare things side by side. A fact that makes sometimes CPU power increases costing thousands partly a joke.

So we have here womens brain vs. mens brain under distress, if I use the latest psychology terms from the most famous universities (logic vs. feeling, near field sensory acquity vs. far field sensory acquity).

If people are happy because they have another number higher than before... good for them. I would like to prefer a "number" which would be something I discover because I feel that something is better while I play the game...

If somebody does not have augs at all then it matters. But even then most don't even have the TBL evolving items and therefore max. a cloak and perhaps if they really go for it - the Rallos Zek Earring. Either way, a gameplay relevancy would be nearly not available in the most cases.

This is sad because the Aug18/19 items and quests feel like a kind of Epic 4+, something to accomplish and something which is special. That it is still relevant after around 5 xpacs is something very special and I would prefer such items be upgraded to have still relevancy in the lastest xpac instead of stupidly using the boring copy/paste stuff from the last xpacs.

If it is a bug that they share lore groups then I would be happy..
    Marton likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The lore group sharing is not a bug. You can tell by the name of the lore group, and they don't want more procs stacking up making even more lag. There is a bug to be fixed (which is I suspect the cause of the delay in NOS type raid 19s), but it'll make even fewer procs you can stack.
  8. Marton Augur

I agree with this.

Bump up TBL evolving items a little devs ;)?
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Would it have killed the Devs to make the reward selectable? My group of casters has over 10 melee augs so far. /sadface
    FYAD, Fenthen, Alena and 1 other person like this.
  10. Zvenn Just an old monk

exactly this lol all i see are caster augs...and all i really want is the enhancement aug that i havent seen once yet :(
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

To be honest I don't see the augs themself being terrible at all, they are fine. The forced randomness with a high quantity of augs was a bad design choice. Lack of raid version augs so far does nothing to help either.

A second bad design choice is needing to be 120 to join the mission preventing lower-level toons from holding augs while they level. The mission is a major push over with a short duration on a 6-hour replay timer.

The reasoning behind several design choices this expansion is very questionable.
    Izzard of Bertox likes this.
  12. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I mostly molo this mission. 4 Augments looted by others. 4 Augments I've tributed just because, and 14 currently in my inventory. This is 22 missions without seeing the enhancement augment. So, it's rare enough that most people will never have the augments they hope for because this mission won't be available soon. Next year, when its active again, nobody is going to do it.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

The RNG is amazing. I've had 3 Enchancements drop, 2 of which rotted. I still have yet to see an Attacker drop which is the only one left I need.
    Cicelee likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm dragging 115s along for the extra coin, or to loot duplicates that I get (which they'll probably never use, but hheeyy who knows). I don't know what the minimum level req is, but 115s are allowed in.
    Kaenneth, Silvena and Svann2 like this.
  15. Silvena *poke*

Tried a 114, no go. 115 is the lowest level to drag along. :)
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Maedhros High King

Its awful when free new content comes out in this 24 year old game.
    Marton and Nennius like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Exactly same situation as you. 4 enhancements, 2 casting procs, 3 melee procs, 1 defense, 2 soothing... everything but one accuracy aug for the bard.

I will still do the mission every now and then, but at this point the bard may just have to use the AC softcap aug if an accuracy doesn't drop...
  18. LadyQuake Lorekeeper

I like them but maybe it depends on your class. There is that good one on that mission 750 HP etc. and I replaced a couple of the TBL ones for the one with the focus Cast Hammer of Magic 2 on spell castings and the one with less damage on spells. I think personally that I can sacrifice more stats for the ones with focus effects. On my 2h weapon I also have Bone shards of frozen marrow, that progs alot to on castings, and the aug from ToV challenger ach..
  19. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Rallos Ear is still BiS.

TBL gear is still on par with current raid gear for some classes. 0.2% of your HME and a 7/8 isnt better than 3 18/19 slots if you get good return from the second tier of 18/19's. I think any melee class gets more from a 3rd enhancement + 3rd accuracy + something than it does out of the lowest priority dex aug (25 or 27 hdex and ~1k hp vs more hdex and either another proc or more accuracy), and rangers can and do just run all or most of it (they drop the gloves for raid gloves).

I'm still farming TBL pieces for several of my guys without current raid gear, because at least the 3rd piece of 18/19 augs ends up better.
    CrazyLarth likes this.