Lack of groups on Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Rcbauer Augur

it seems Yelinak has turned into Ragefire already. Nothing but 6 boxers grouping with themselves and no groups to be found.

Please DBG give a new Aradune that you actually enforce rules on!!! That was the best server until GMs abandoned it.
  2. Kahna Augur

Did you not manage to make any friends in the last year? Do you really still need PuGs to level? Seems kinda sad that the only way you can find groups is if DPG has to force them to group with you.
    Indigo_Quarmite, Grok and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Grok Augur

I have been pugging almost every night on my druid Trallik easily finding or creating groups in Fire. I also like that Chromium wants to correct "pugging" to "pegging".
  4. Corvo Accidental Puller of Dracoliche

That's based off of your keyboard usage history.
    Lejaun likes this.
  5. Mattling Elder

Known 12 boxer says pugging is fine on Yelinak. Playing with yourself doesn't count.....
  6. mark Augur

theres a lot of 3 boxers in the guild i am in and all the non boxers find spots in those groups,half of the time now i have 2 friends or more that join my group,just that i play longer then they do.
  7. Bickle New Member

I'm having the same experience as the OP. It's very difficult to find a group on Yelinak a lot of the time, especially post PoP. On one hand I have no problem with folks wanting to make use of the many, many powerlevelers' services. On the other hand it contributes to a lifeless PuG scene on this server. I also think the boring, many times repeated, server ruleset contributes to it. I plan to play on the next TLP in the hopes it is different.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]
    Pullin likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

TLPs have tons of boxers?
    I went on Live, Eastern Wastes, 48 players in zone. Everyone is boxing, no one is playing with each other.

It's become a box focused game, thats why I suggested the new UI include Boxing interfaces and features in it. EQ is a box heavy game, it needs UI feature to support boxing.

Only way to end boxing, EQ3. Modern gameplay, where people constantly moving around, avoiding red circles and what not, very difficult to impossible to box without AI/bot assistance.

Since they don't want to invest in EQ3, and continue with EQ1, EQ1 is a box heavy game. Mine as well embrace it, this is to the dev's, mine as well embrace boxing and make UI for it.

See this, boxing, . Want to get stuff done late game? Better get good at boxing is everyone's advice in EQ.

If your not boxing at this level, might want to rethink your box game.

Being in a big guild and still boxing, that's the state of EQ today. Happens everywhere, TLP, Live, everywhere.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

I don't care about live.
    TLP shouldn't have more than 2 boxes.
    It would be super if they could allow 3 accounts on one comp and you can only do that comp.

Any hint of breaking that rule and any account on that IP gets vacation.

If you want to play with yourself there's a lot of non-MMORPGs out there.

Face it. Most of the big boxers do it for $$$$$$$.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Do you consider >2 boxes as big boxers?
  12. Rcbauer Augur

I think 6 or more is big boxing.

Why would you need more than 3 of your own if you are in a game to interact with others?

$$$
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

You're incorrectly assuming that because its an MMO people HAVE to group with others. You can interact in a variety of ways while still doing your own thing and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Stymie likes this.
  14. Rcbauer Augur

Don't have to but why pay for an MMO if you're only going to play with yourself?

$$$$$$$$$
  15. Aiona Augur

Three high levels to PL the three low levels, of course.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Raids, trades, chats, lots of interactions with other people that aren't in your group. Or you play odd hours. Or for short bursts of time. Or need to afk to tend to rl stuff. Plenty of reasons to play an mmo and not have groupage with other people be your only way to get things done. Not everything is about RMT
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

Not the only way but go log into Yelinak right now and see what that play style does to the server.

RIP in peace.
    Zrender likes this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Did boxing open up?
    Thats why they need to VOTE system it

Samething happened on Vaniki, was great then boxing opened up and a week later it died down fast.

EQ is one of those MMO play by yourself games now. Once you get to certain level, all people recommend is start learning how to box. Even if your in a big guild, those people box.

EQ isn't what you known it for 20 years ago. The raiding in EQ easy, 10+ guilds beaten on first day. Group game, very nasty right now, have group content that is like raid content. Hence its so hard and people have to learn on the way and people don't always want those kind of groups, people box.
    Maybe if the group game was simple like it was back then, people would be more open to groups because they know they can do it and not hesitant to get people together to do it. LDoN dungeon crawl simple. The nameds in the dungeons SIMPLE.

Why do you think boxing is not opened right away and they open it later? Because they realized they made mistake with content later and boxing is preferred route the game masters want people to go play by.

They need to go ahead and make Boxing part of the UI. If they have to mention boxing opens up, boxing is part of the game. Make a UI for that.
  19. Rcbauer Augur

i disagree. Big boxing is what kills servers.
    Like admitted about vaniki above.
    Zrender likes this.
  20. PeopleSuck23 New Member

Once you get that late into expansions groups are going to be harder to get. Those people 6 boxing are most likely 6 boxing because they encountered the same problem that you have.That is why I feel trueboxing servers don't do any justice to the casual players unless they nerd out and have 6 pc's running in there house just to get xp.