Guild Lobby /Pick vs NonInstanced GH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Knifen, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Knifen Augur

Any chance of getting

A. Extra instances of the GL created when say more then 15 are in zone. Would be nice not to zone in to 30 some afk toons and unbearable lag sometimes, and have to quickly /hidemodels all or look at my feet.
    or
    B. A door from PoK directly to Guild Hall
    or
    C. Having Guild Halls not be Instances but static zones we could just bind in and port/rez there rather than wading through seas of afk toons.

I understand the afk toons waiting there for central buffs, fair idea and nice for those that dont have access to other friends/toons to buff them but blegh
    Koshk likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They would also need to put some instances in POK.

Right outside the lobby doors by Teek it is so packed between some player who is 24/7 and the port in spot right there that you have to go way around it all to even reach the doors to zone into the lobby.

Forcing the GL into an instanced zone would result in no one using it at all because no one else would be in it to buff them so they would just move somewhere else and cause issues with that area

And while I am Not sure what your using the lobby for but hanging out and mooching buffs are why 98% of the players are in there.

I tried to see how many were just in the lobby I zoned into and my request was cut short - too many players. Have a ton of bards singing away and mounts and pets all over the place. No lag but other times its terrible lag so I understand what your saying but punishing others is not the answer.

When I want to avoid the lobby then I just use my anchors.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

15-30 is way to low a bar, 72 would be reasonable to spawn a pick.
  4. Koshk Augur

Agree with Knifen that Guild Lobby lag is perpetually awful.

Not everyone has anchors.

I use the Lobby for this:
    1. To access the Guild Hall.
    2. Corpse summoners + rez.
    3. Rarely, but sometimes to use Magus Alaria NPC for certain teleports.
  5. Knifen Augur

Forcing the GL into an instanced zone would result in no one using it at all

I mean.... thats fine too.

GL for me is just an extra zone i need to get to the GH, or a way to get to Magus. As much as I move around and do different things in different expansions Gate potions are a must, and am bound in GL only because in theory its fastest way back into GH.

If they removed refresh time from Anchors, sure that would solve the problem as well. Actually that would solve it and could leave GL the nightmare it is.

I understand the need/want for a buff place for folks to cluster at, but the GL is 8(

And as for 72 as the start of a new instance, I personally would rather the zone just crash when it hits 30 and force everyone to relog in.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I wish there was a way, other than anchor or wizard/druid, to get to the Guild Hall from PoK without going through the Lobby, not because of Lobby crowding just because of an extra zoning.

I wish there was a door to PoK from the Guild Hall, not just a door to Lobby or door to the neighbourhood.

I also wish there was a door to the Bazaar from both the Guild Hall and the Lobby. Mostly to cut down on all that extra zoning.
    Shanarias, Knifen and Koshk like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I find this fact disturbing. Anchors should be autogranted upon joining a guild.
    Shanarias, CatsPaws and Rijacki like this.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

What about just re-working the guild hall anchor concept? make it an AA for everyone like origin and make it not require an anchor.
  9. Knifen Augur

It’s not that, anyone can get the anchors with their monthly loyalty from the vendor. It’s the refresh time on them. I think each is 30 min refresh? If it where instant refresh or even 2-5 min would be fine But once you have used both anchors your stuck having to back through the GL of lag.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

For the GH anchor - at least druids and wizards get the spell turned into an AA without a refresh timer - make it the same for everyone.

Edit: The GH anchor is different than the primary and secondary anchors - I believe the GH anchor is currently only available to Druid and Wizards, where the Primary and Secondary are available to all...
  11. Jedis Arch Mage

An easy solution would be to make their avatars invisible in non-combat zones after >1 hour of standing around being idle. As soon as they move, they would pop back into view. This could apply to mercs, too, if their owner is standing around idle.

It may make the world feel empty, but that's no different than having multiple instanced zones of lobby / PoK. We don't need to be adding to the load on the zone servers by having multiple copies running.
    Dre. and Nennius like this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

On BB the lag pile is ridiculous. I have no clue why anyone would hang around the GL looking for buffs when people are casting them outside around Teek. You cant even get to the TS small bank area hardly from all the ogres and mounts lol.

I too would like to have a door straight to POK or the Baz from the GH. sometimes Im glad for my stein or brick of knowledge just to avoid an extra meaningless zoning.
    Dre., Shanarias and Rijacki like this.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

If they can make a Shabby Lobby Door that allows for travel from the Neighborhood GH to the GL and a Door to no where, why can't they make an optional, placeable door that would enable going from GH to Bazaar?
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The Door to Nowhere is very nearly actually to nowhere and close to worthless. It only works with 2 plots/houses owned by 1 character and then only for that one character. In EQ2, there are placable portals for the player houses that can placed in the guild hall or any house, owned by the same character or not, for travel between them. The EQ Door to Nowhere costs DB cash while the EQ2 house portal is free (and you can get as many as you want to place in different locations).
  15. Zarkdon Augur

I want a plane of knowledge book for guild halls and a stone that takes me to the the guild hall right outside the small bank!

And one right next to the stein spot.
  16. TheRealMuramx Elder

For me it less about the people but all the mercs as well. You have a 30 people waiting on buffs cool but do you really need your mercs up as well...

If it wasn't for the body summons I would suggest having the zone be one of those ones you can't have a merc out.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Mercs need buffs, too.

For me, it's the mounts, the nimbusi, the familiars, fireworks, and other effects and things that don't need to be there at all, as in they don't have any desirable function in that location.

To counter those who claim being on a mount or having a familiar is needed for mana regen for recovery, why not have an increases regen in the Lobby in addition to the lack of count down on buffs. The Guild Hall has a placable regen pool.
  18. Knifen Augur

The bad part is even if Devs gave us a new door in PoK to go straight to GH. Can you guess where the AFK folks will be parked at? We would need 2-3 doors placed around PoK so whatever death lag trap they group at we can use the other, or just remove recast timer on anchors assuming out of combat.

I just want a way to get to my GH without having to deal with clusters of AFK folks. Regardless of the reason of why they are AFK there I just dont want to have to deal with them.
  19. Sebbina Augur

I believe it has been suggested that mass buffs in the lobby and possibly Pok be zone wide, which would cut down on clutter in front of the doors. Making guild halls, standard and housing versions non instanced requires more server processing, and wanting a corpse summoning NPC in the guild halls to summon would add another layer. There will probably be new features coming with the upgrades, but getting all the wishes granted is probably far fetched. Some guilds with decent population, may have a FTP character sit there to keep it active, but, those with few or only one will be using game resources, that the characters are not even bothering with, just to have a guild tag.
  20. Knifen Augur

Autocamp after 20 min of no user input should occur in PoK/GL
    Fenthen likes this.