Pay To Win Server INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brazy, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Brazy Augur

Got a feeling this experiment server coming is gonna have some heavy pay-to-win aspect to it. Something like you can just straight buy BIS from the cash shop or bonus loot from bosses etc. They saw how successful free-trade was and really wanna make that $$!
  2. Obliteration Elder

I'd rather the game sell it over cheaters
    Ketchup4 and Kaenneth like this.
  3. Vindar Augur

Exactly. You can already P2W, except all the money is going to some dude boxing/botting 30 different characters. If they aren't going to enforce their own rules, I guess to them this is the next best thing.
    Praetorian1 likes this.
  4. Brazy Augur

For sure! Hopefully we'll be able to buy boost and gear straight from Darkpaw.
  5. Xhartor Augur

We already have a pay-to-win TLP, it's called Mischief.
    TheRealMuramx and Ddezul like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Just got off the phone with DPG, they're going to instate a tariff on Krono entering and exiting the new TLP. You have to pay 100 Daybreak cash per Krono being imported into 2023 TLP and 100 to export it.

They're tired of kronolords coming in with 100+ krono, trading it with other kronolords and not getting a cut.
    Praetorian1 and Alnitak like this.
  7. code-zero Augur

Odd, my inside sources said that the next TLP was going to support a new Force Feedback VR controller that would stimulate the pain centers of your brain during combat if it detected any whining about Krono or box groups
    topple and Genoane like this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It'll cost a Krono just to log in, every time.
  9. Ddezul Augur

So rich girly is changing servers too?

*grumble*
  10. code-zero Augur

What would be pay to win?

Just thinking, maybe scrolls bought from the Marketplace that allow you to spawn your own private raid zone? Spawn the raid mob you want? Special equipment purchased in the Markeplace?

It's a lead pipe cinch that you ain't getting anything except 30 Day play time with Krono. You're paying CASH if it's P2W, no saved up Station Cash that all the All Access Accounts can get.

Also, how do you know when you've won?

At any rate you're buying your P2W with crypto and there's no chargebacks ever
  11. Mattling Elder

I'm fine with anything they'd put in the shop.

Its 100x better for them to get the money that may go back into the game than the giving the money to the ones running every hack in the book and selling loot rights.

Sell max level characters, AAs, epics, keys, flags, yes please. Sell it all.
  12. Shredd Augur

Hell stop the hackers that sell the raid loot.
    Smokezz likes this.
  13. Alnitak Augur

^ That is the biggest mistery to me.
    Every expansion and raid level unlock multiple guilds beat them within hours. Is that a "win" ?
    Or is getting BiS for every slot a "win"? Every aug? Every Achievement? Every flag?

For me the "win" is the process of playing in itself. And I do pay to get it, as I am buying subscriptions for my accounts. Pay-to-win at its finest!
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  14. Madcat1983 Journeyman

So for a pay to win server few things they could do
    100x 200x 300x 400x 500x exp potion 30m each
    Raid instance reset scrolls in DB store
    Only allow Fresh Krono on the server

only pay to win stuff I could think of now
  15. code-zero Augur

Krono has nothing to do with it. If you're fixated on Krono then you don't know what the discussion is all about.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Which server would be more popular?

No Trade:
    • No trade anything, including plat, krono etc.
    • Corpses lock on aggro
    Free Trade:
    • Free trade everything
    Feels like the No Trade server would be interesting. You'd have to farm eevvverrryyttthing yourself. Least profitable TLP ever for DPG.
  17. Grummle Journeyman

Take the No Trade: rules, add a new Personal Loot system to all namers and raid targets. Sell potions of luck which increase the chance of getting an item for your class when killing namers and raid targets.

$$$
  18. FYAD Augur

Sounds like a single player rpg.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. HekkHekkHekk Augur

They're just adding in mythic +.
  20. Bartholomo New Member

Its much easier to come up with problems instead of solutions. I know it is the design teams job to come up with the content and solutions for us, but if you really want to make a difference in the decision making process, then post viable solutions to the issues at hand. All I see are trolls and comments about cheating. Do you really want this game to turn in to pay to win? I sure hope not. Every game on this planet has some aspect of cheating to it, I am sure the design team has tried to do what they can to curb it. Remember, this game isnt world of warcraft. The community does not have a million players. They aren't going to hire 50 new employees to police the game for us. There is a certain level of expectation from our beloved game, and if it changes a bit to much, it wont be everquest anymore.