Why do so many silk molds drop when nobody plays silk classes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daysongz, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Daysongz New Member

2. coltongrundy Augur

because loot drops have never been determined by how many people play a class
    Appren, Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

What do you mean nobody? All the bots play silk classes.
  4. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Contrary to what you might think from non-everquest lore, monks are a leather class in this game.
  5. Xhartor Augur

Come OoW they moved away from arch-type specific quest armor. After that the "Mold" type item becomes usable by all classes. They could balance the class arch-types with the player base correctly.
  6. Triconx Augur

That's not true at all.

SoF - Even more specific Cores (2 classes per core) that you can spent a significant chunk of change converting to the one you need. It's very costly to do this.
  7. Lineater Augur

So you want to play a popular easy mode class, and also want silk-priced gear.

Unfortunately you can't have it both ways. If you want the cheapest gear on Mischief, you have to play a sucky caster.

-guy who plays a sucky mage/enchanter
  8. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I ran a pal/clr/enc/mag/mag/wiz group on Mischief when I messed around on there, I was the king of cheap loot.
  9. Mithra Augur

Your time is coming casters, hang in there
  10. MischiefTLP Augur

Lots of max level silk classes, all those chain stunning crews. Not so many silk classes on raids.
  11. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Easy solution to this problem is swap to silk caster and get free loot.
  12. Silias McKendrick Augur

Superdeath and Lyfeless say hi.
  13. Xhartor Augur

By "not true at all" you mean there 1 expansion in which quest type uses different system, however you can use plat to convert raid drop. So when you are dealing with loot on the raid, everyone bids on it anyways.
  14. Bewts Augur

From a TLP perspective, where class or archetype criterion exist for molds it would be a nice development choice to align them to later expansions that were just a slot mold that any class could use. I’d be fine paying more plat to the NPC for the container and class emblem.

In example, it is certainly aggravating when your level 1 necro alt has a full set of PoP elemental molds and you’re still chasing plate helms / boots for your tank, cleric or bard.

Of course this is more of a QoL initiative than anything mechanically broken and likely warrants a low priority from the team.