Cloaks of the Selenelion Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Tegila Augur

Quests before missions makes sense just fine. Quests can be done in a variety of groups and solo models, and they're required to request the missions so they should be first. Missions take specific groups, req quests to request, and are more trial and error. They're fine second (plus no one can just BUY the second level via taskadds, they have to earn it, then can buy lol)
    What people don't particularly like, myself included, is that challenging the missions come before Hunter, while Hunter can be done like the quests: without prerequisite or special group/practice, and it can't be bought (though serverwide efforts via Hunter raids exist, it's still not a quickie TA) then the challenges can be bought generally, but not all at the same time as initial complete because some require multiple runs to get savior, and those working through themselves via actually playing, will find some much more difficult while Hunter is a luck/timesinks that can be done with enough time in any configuration. Collectibles idc where they'd be, but timesinkwise they'd fit after challenges, they just don't exist as a tier this time at all.
  2. Gr8fuldave Augur

So what happens if you finish Nightslayer before Challenger? Will it still evolve to next level? It should.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

No. Why should it?

It's a specific "thing" for each level unlock. It's not mix or match. You cannot unlock level 2 by just completing all the raids for example.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Gr8fuldave Augur

Just seems to me that it would make more sense to unlock the next tier, wherever you are in your NOS progression, by completing one of the major achievements. Isn't it EQ "play your way"? If I want to do hunter before Challenger why should I be penalized?

Isn't that how the progressive Ecliptic spell for NOS works?
    Tegila and Petalonyx like this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

It absolutely is not. And I'm really surprised that you think it ever has been. The slogan for the past 24 years has literally been "You're in our world now".
  6. Cicelee Augur

I see your point.

I am just looking at it from a time spent perspective. It takes 30-60 minutes (depending on factors) to do the missions. It takes much longer (much) to do mercenary/partisans. Maybe next evolver require explorer, then mercenary, then partisans? Then can go into missions and hunter and raids and such. Since mercenary takes considerably less time than partisans, and explorer is... explorer.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

With the small number of zones, the next group evolver should get tied to zone-oriented progress; like Firefall Merc/Part/Hunter[and any mission] for 2nd step, Shadeweaver Merc/Part/Hunter[/optional mission(s)] for 3rd step... and once all the zones are done move on to raid completion/achievement.

Would reflect progressing through the expansion logically.
  9. Tegila Augur

Good way to make 50 picks at a time in 1 zone. It's not logical imo. Logical is effort required and ease of accomplishment. Merc/partisan all makes sense first. Missions all makes sense second because the first is required for them outside TAs(need some to enter for credit though). That's why I think Hunter should be before challenges, accessibility to all in whatever configuration available (PUGs etc) Mission challenges are the top difficulty to get completed, Hunter's mainly times in. TAs shouldn't be figured in the progression arc, some will get them, others won't. But forcing everyone's goals to be focused on a specific zone order isn't good for the game or server stability.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Please no more Thick Skin kind of requirements. Just let me buy my TA for my alts and get it over with. Im sitting at aged cloak now on two characters for quite some time.
  11. Szilent Augur

12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Let me preface this by saying I've finished the achivements on all 3 of my primary toons, so read into that what you will.

While I was trying to get all of the achivements, I HATED the concept of the personal achievements. I thought the randomess kinda sucked...hard. But now, upon reflection, I'm OK with them. I would have no problem if they put at least 1 personal achivement in all future missions. If it stops the bots from selling task adds and gets people out of the lobby and actually playing the game, I'm all for it.
    FYAD, Svann2 and Kaenneth like this.
  13. Conq Augur

Flatchy,
    Thick Skin is an extremely easy achievement. Just tank the mobs in the hall, out of the room (but not far enough that it leashes). Then slow kill that mob until all characters have received the emotes, no one will ever get hit by the auras. The only caveat is the tank doesn't get emoted, so you'll have to work that one out (pet tank, guest tank, whatever). You can even zone out any characters who already have the achievement to improve the chances for the remaining characters to be emoted. Good luck.
    Conq
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

I also think overseer experience should count for the cloak!
    jk!
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Ok all you haters out there can relax lol. Yes I know its easy I have done it on Flatchy just not my alts.
    The problem is you need a group to do this. I do not normally group with anyone but one other person. otherwise its be and 3 of my alts and some mercs. I can do the close the door mission alt tabbing. That is about it so I have to ask for someone to let me tag along for it which I hate doing.

Now move over to hunter achievement. How many of you say the first 2 months of the expansion sat it hunter raids and watched the checkmarks fly by? Me ? None. I went and boxed them all 50% alone 49% with one guy along. and 1% Scorched Darkened Bones. So I put in my time you and me just enjoy different things.

Soon as i get the percentage to 100 my cloak can be evolved for the last time. Pity they could not have thrown collections in there as a next step. Just seems logical till they put out the raider only restrictions.

Oh sorry I forgot, had some help on named Shroom in ShadowHaven (Thanks JuliaBlossom and crew)
  16. Tegila Augur

Agree. Don't make achievements the tank can't get without another tank or screwy play that the rest of the group doesn't have to deal with.
    Toukan, Cannikin and Kaenneth like this.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

So if you get the cloak, say its level 2.
    You are in a raid and beat NoS T3 and the other raids.
    It goes from lvl 2 to max level?
  18. Sancus Augur

No. You still have to complete the various group achievement requirements for levels one through five, along with the XP requirements. Having Conqueror is simply a requirement to evolve the 5th cloak to the 6th cloak once you XP it to 100%.
  19. Axxius Augur

Anybody got the cloak to the final form yet?
  20. Cicelee Augur

Rumor has it one of the raid achievements is broken. Can neither confirm nor deny said rumor.