Cannot Reproduce Bard AA: Rallying Solo

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cenren, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Cenren New Member

The description for the bard AA Rallying Solo is as follows: "Rallying Solo I, when activated, increases your mana and endurance regeneration by 1200 points for 30 seconds but will break early if you take any offensive action."

However it ONLY increases mana regeneration in the end. Looking at the spell data it appears to be true for all ranks. Either the description needs to be updated to not include endurance regeneration or endurance regeneration needs to be added to the effect.
    Elyssanda, Svann2 and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

3. TrueNorth Developer

Could not reproduce this. This ability appears to function as intended and is restoring endurance when tested.

Please note that player-made spell parsers are not always accurate.
    menown likes this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I just tested in game and my level 120 Bard's (rank 9/9 Rallying Solo) endurance regen did not change, either on the character sheet or by checking the values from each tick.

In addition, this same bug exists with the Rallying Call (9/9) AA ability. I tested this in game as well.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Cenren New Member

Standing in Guild lobby after a death on Ragefire sever. Note the abundant mana regen...

[IMG]
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I was able to use rallying solo when endurance was under 30% and mana was not, however it did not increase endurance regen. Endurance continued to regenerate at my base 319 per tick based on character sheet values and double checked with player window endurance % value. And it did put the aa on cooldown.
  7. TrueNorth Developer

This ability does not increase the Endurance Regen stat displayed on the Stats page of the Inventory Window, but works via another method.
  8. Knifen Augur

Perhaps it should, and other items that effect stats that are displayed in the stat page. Make them actually reflect correct stats? I dont have a bard to test it myself but if players are looking at both the stat page and and player endurance window and none are reflecting what this is supposed to do that just seems wonky.

Where do you see it working correctly via another method Truenorth? That might help others validate its working status and understand better.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I saw no increased endurance gains on a tick-by-tick basis (by doing actual math on the Endurance values each tick). I still received my static 284 Endurance regeneration every tick.

Is this some "other method" that will not work in a Guild Hall (I was not being affected by the Guild Hall "Pool" regen, before that is mentioned)? Perhaps whatever method is being used is being overwritten by some other effect or buff on players?
  10. Nniki Augur

The endurance regeneration portion doesn't work if you use it in the Guild Lobby or Guild Hall, but it will in regular combat zones.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Very, very strange and confusing design decision.

Validated that Endurance regeneration (not the character sheet stat, actual regen) does increase in another zone (Stratos, in this case). Even weirder, it's not even by tick but is going up every second (or maybe faster?).
  12. Riou EQResource

Yea, it has a negative upkeep to it, endurance upkeep is per second not per tick
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

No you're not understanding what I said. I actually looked at the endurance value. How much endurance I had and how much it changed each tick. Rallying solo did not increase the amount of regen I got every tick. I only got 319 endurance per tick, instead of 10000 gain per tick as it is claimed in the aa window.

edit: ok just read the followup posts saying "not in the guild hall". Will check.
    edit2: works. weird it wont work in guild hall. I dont really care except thats usually where people go to check stuff.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Looks like the Guild Hall might disable endurance upkeep, which is how these abilities are apparently applying their Endurance regeneration.

Still a strange method of providing the regeneration, but I suppose it works.
  15. eqselowizard New Member

Im using it right now and at 115 my rank supposedly give 7000 end regen, just like posters above, it does NOT regen endurance and the tool tip says its mana and end. I tried activating the AA in multiple config, eg, sitting, standing, target myself, not targeted, end at 0% 5% 10% peeves me because I need the end when I push it
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Try it in a combat zone (not pok, not guild hall, not lobby)