Mage Spire of Elements stacking bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hamshire, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Hamshire Augur

Class: Magician
    Alternate Advancement ability: Spire of Elements
    Bug: stacking issue

In the expansion Secrets of Faydwer is a popular instance called The Mechamatic Guardian. Inside this instance are Sentinel mobs. These Sentinel mobs cast an ability called Midnight Oil and this said ability overrights and or doesn't stack with the mage aa Spire of Elements.

[IMG]
  2. Lubianx Augur

I wouldn't call this a bug.

There are many DoTs where abilities and spells will be overridden and not work.
    Even some dots remove permanent buffs like illusion benefits.

Example - In EoK Scotched Woods, regen and the shaman Composite line will not work if it is raining (fire rain). Hoshkar raid in ROS VP, one of the dots will strip and block one of the permanent abilities (can't recall if it's illusion or mount buff)
  3. Hamshire Augur

Any examples of this happening with Spires though? When Spires first came out they had stacking issues if I recall similar to my post which they slowly fixed over time. This just seems like one thats gone unnoticed until now.

Spires are also like discs, they are 10minute cooldowns and its rather annoying trying to time it around a trash mob that randomly can spawn anywhere in the zone.