Consider a couple tweaks to the slayer achievements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We are both able to provide feedback on this and that is what I am doing. I am not trying to shut anyone down but rather provide feedback on the issues that I see with the request.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you ever started a thread? I'm curious as to what constitutes a good idea or use of dev time in Waring's world.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, I have started threads and supported other ideas that have been posted. That doesn't change the fact that spending dev time to tweek the slayer achievements and just delay when you have to do one of them isn't a good use of dev time.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I didn't say it was (or wasn't), just wanted to see what you thought WAS a good idea, got a link from anything recent?
    Pikollo likes this.
  5. Pikollo Augur

To some of us it is. Seems like people in discord are kinda agreeing too.
  6. Captain Video Augur

One every 10 seconds is a low estimate. They're placed in bunches. You can get 40-50 barrels in a couple of minutes, so long as you know the route, then you go do something else. Respawn time is 5 minutes, and by the time you've finished your other task, you do another 2-minute barrel run.

I don't run any toon solo through the tutorial, either. There are economies of scale. On a TLP I'll do two at a time, and on a Live server it's typically three at a time. In addition to completing the quest lines, each toon will leave the tutorial with all non-TS skills at max, and that includes archery and throwing, where applicable. They'll each have at least 2Kpp in the kitty as well, since I spend some time farming the kobolds that drop staff, which vendor for 4pp ea. It's also where a lot of the weapon skill-ups are done. Plus, barrels drop a lot of bows which vendor for 1.5pp ea. For two toons on a TLP, it will be somewhere around 12 hours in total, entering the world at level 15. On a Live server, it will also be with all non-visible slots filled with Defiant pieces.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

- The fish in Paludal Depths will no longer be KOS to players.

^what makes use of good dev time lol.

Good news is waring is our voice to the CRC lol. Good thing he just argues everything players want regardless of how easy or simple it is lol.
    Troutfest and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

First thing, this is far, far from a repeated suggestion. Second thing, doing things that make things easier is literally one of the aspects of QoL changes.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Waring, you are incredibly bad at replying to things with the full context and in a way that invites discussion. So here is an exercise that you (and anyone else can do) before you shut down others constantly.

1) Would the change be good/nice/beneficial? (DO NOT FACTOR IN DEV TIME or any other outside influences, just a simple Yes/No).
    If no, why not? (again, not influenced by outside factors)
    If yes, proceed to 2.
    2) How high of a priority should it be? (High/Med/Low - again, not a dev time question)
    From there, people can discuss what their own threshold for Dev Time vs Priority

The point is, 'dev time' is not some golden ticket to ignore all QoL requests. I don't know how you think things work, but if something is a high priority (lets say raid lag on live) they dont just stop working on all low priority items.
    Tweakfour17 and Brildon like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't matter and I am allowed, just as everyone else is, to provide feedback to ideas that they consider a bad idea.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean it is a good use of dev time.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This suggestion started out in the test patch notes thread and then moved to this thread. And it doesn't really make thing easier as all the achievements are still needed to be completed in the end.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1. No, as you still have to do all the same work to complete bane strike which is why I see it as a waste of time.
    2. I don't see it as anything that should be done at all as it is just some irrelevant changes to some achievements and not worth dev time at all.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

73 posts in this topic, 21 of them a specific poster. Not a single post is actually on topic (the topic is a suggestion by the OP to allow one of the other rank achievements to be doable prior to the one that takes the most number of kills). Every single one is an argumentative and dismissive post that is an unsubstantiated argument from authority (of which, the poster has none).

An on topic post would be something that:

1) talks about if it is possible technically
    2) talks about the pros and cons of the idea
    3) gives an opinion on if its a good or bad idea, regardless of pros or cons

I don't know how much longer these mods are going to let one poster ruin these forums for so many people, particularly for new/casual people that are trying to participate in the "community" and are instead driven away by this kind of garbage.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

I didnt say you couldn't. I just want to get inside that big beautiful brain of yours to understand where your priorities are. You are the local naysayer on what seems to be every single thing but you claim you support ideas and have even posted your own. I would just like to read them is all.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That I see this as a pointless change that is not worth spending dev time on?
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

nonono, we know that, you've mentioned it at least twice in this thread :rolleyes:.
    Show me whats actually important to you, show me something you do think is worth dev time.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Apparently, Shaman BP clicks and a few bug reports.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

None of what you are asking is on topic in this thread and I am trying to keep it on topic with my opposition to the idea that was suggested in it.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you have nothing to say except "this is bad use of dev time" over and over and over and think thats on topic?
    Daybreak is hiring an intern this summer whose sole responsibility is QoL low impact stuff (so no fixing raid lag magically). As a senior member of the CRC you get to choose what they work on. What will they do?