Fixed Internally Mercenary died mysteriously

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by J'bone, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

2. Celephane Augur

You know Vah Shir is a race right?
  3. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

We Vah Shir don't like people trying to zone into us, so we just kill them!
  4. Malbro Augur

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Mon Mar 06 14:00:17 2023

Character: Level 120 Beastlord (Main)
    Zone: Shar Vahl, Divided

Description: Zoned from guildhall to Shar Vahl - divided and my mercenary died
    minimind likes this.
  5. LadyQuake Elder

Shar Vahl, thats what i meant :) lol
    Probably late when i wrote that post :p
  6. Falgrin New Member

Happens 95% of the time when taking guild hall portal to the new Shar Vahl.
    To reproduce have 2 mercs up and 2 real people in the group; so a total of 4 characters in group. Zone both real people from the same guild hall to the new Shar Vahl. Like you're both headed to do missions. Now watch when you land in Shar Vhal, cause 95% of the time at least 1 merc decided to go to a different pic and died cause he left you... I don't actually know that the merc goes to another pic but it's the only thing I can surmise happens to him.
  7. Trice74 Apprentice

When zoning from GH to Shar Divided my merc dies about 80% of the time. I've started suspending my merc when zoning and haven't noticed they die when I do that. Sucks that we have to have a work around to simply zone. Maybe they should fix it our put an merc buff NPC to rebuff mercs that die when zoning.
  8. Warpeace Augur

and still going :(
  9. Ratalthor Developer

If anyone is seeing this again as of the March update, can you please PM me your character name, server name, and roughly when you encountered the issue. Thanks!
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

I will do some (potential) merc sacrificing tonight.
  11. Tegila Augur

I had different Merc bug yesterday. Without zoning, with space in group for it, I popped it and it didn't appear (I didn't notice til I was done with the mission and a toon died to dots) but Merc window had "suspend" highlighted like it was out. As if I didn't have space in group to put it, but I did. Is this a side effect of the fix for the other bug?
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

Luclin
    Tuesday, March 28, 2023 @ 9:52pm Pacific
    Zoned in with 3-box crew, 2 cleric mercs, and 1 rogue merc. Both clerics DOA.
  13. Alena Elder

lol...
    Shar Vahl is still a death pit for Mercs.
    Either this bug is back since patch or it has never been corrected.
    I avoided this zone with mercs for months. This night I forgot that.. half the mercs dead.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Happened tonight with a group member. Merc alive in guild hall, dead after taking guild portal to Shar Vahl, Divided. Bertoxx server.

Zone had 6 characters in it, so it wasn't a case of the zone being full.
  15. klanderso Developer

Thanks for the replies folks. We've now got a bit more information and this is still being investigated.
    Sissruukk, minimind and Fanra like this.
  16. Malbro Augur

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed May 03 15:37:21 2023

Character: Level 120 Beastlord (Main)
    Zone: Shar Vahl, Divided

Description: Mercenary died upon zoning from guildhall to shar vahl - divided. I am the only one in zone.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Since you were the only one in zone, did it zone you into a new /pickzone? When the mercs die, is it in the base SV zone or a pick?
  18. Loup Garou De loop de loop

It appears they are dying the guild hall:

niente, Feb 14, 2023
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's why I asked...is it something about the game spinning up a new pick that's causing them to die as the game zones the toon out of the GH? Since it doesn't seem to be an issue if you use the teleporter in the standard guildhall, is there an issue going from a neighborhood GH to a pickzone?
    minimind likes this.
  20. Ratalthor Developer

If you have been affected by this issue again since the last update, please PM me your character name, server, and around what time you encountered the issue. Thanks!