BUG ... toon is "Protected" and no buffs can be put on her

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zeddatt, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Zeddatt New Member

Mar 20, 2023, 12:12 AM PDT
    No one is able to buff me, nothing will go on me or my pet. I have searched through the settings and find nothing. I have tried HELP but can not find issue, tried forums and find nothing. Have logged out, and back. Have zoned , still having problem. This is the first time I have had this happen. What is being PROTECTED? (Please note this has been edited from the submitted petition).

Game Master (Daybreak Games)
    Mar 20, 2023, 8:49 AM PDT
    Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to submit a bug report at https://everquest.com/bugs, so that our team can look into the issue further. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be looked into by our team.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Svann2 likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Soulbanshee Augur

You should have waited for an answer in your thread you already posted.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-able-to-buff-me-says-i-am-protected.289544/

Your level 13 character can only get level 50 and under buffs, players are casting too high a level buff on you is that message.
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spells,_Songs,_Disciplines,_and_AAs#Buff_level_restrictions
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Are you sure of what you are saying? I just tried casting high level buffs on a low level character and he did not get that message. I got a message saying he is too low level, but he got no message at all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is it just other's spells on you or can you buff yourself with say the level 10 Endure Cold?

What are the other spells?

At your level 13, its likely you mistakenly hit something that puts you immune - can't think of what they are but like my shaman has one that when he clicks he then he becomes immune to all spells etc

What happens if you remove any and all buffs you have on you and suspend your pet? Even take off the shadow buffs if you have any cause they just take up space.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Then I got the messages mixed up and its buff locked that does that. Level 13 won't have that many buff slots.
  7. Bernel Augur

If it is an immunity buff causing the problem and if you've just been in zones like PoK where buffs don't count down, then the immune buff may not wear off. If that's the case, you could spend some time in a normal zone so the buff wears off.

You could try a death to see if that clears the issue. Do it with a duel so you don't lose exp.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Looks like immunity buffs DO count down in pok, so its not that.
  9. Kendeth Augur

Just to double check, you didn't turn in a Tome of Order and Discord to a Priest of Discord did you? Is your character's name red? I just tested it out with a level 1 and if a non-pvp character tries to buff a pvp character you get the "Soandso tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected." message.