Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

Spell Buff scrolls. Any spell that could be cast on a player as a buff can now be cast onto a vellum and traded/sold in the Bazaar.

It's an unfortunate truth that only magicians can currently sell many of their spell casts while offline.

/ooc New trader up! Check out my selection of Cleric buffs.
    Vetis and Jabnael like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

EQ is pretty ripe for a level-scaling system. There is such a massive wealth of un-used content that many players either haven't seen or haven't fought non-trivial mobs in within decades. Something that used Mischief-randomized loot and shuffled the zones up a bit would be an interesting experiment. It'd have to be limited because there's a natural progression of zone-difficulty, but you could change one-way dungeons without much risk. Making Befallen a level 40 zone and Permafrost a level 10 zone would be... interesting. Changing them up every other week might also be possible.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

It would be interesting if the dungeon's became instances scaled to the groups level... a bit like LDON, except it was the full zone. No respawn and perhaps a short lockout to prevent krono campers cherry picking instances (or just add mischief style random loot where all bosses in dungeon has the same loot table). you would just need to stop warping and you'd have a great excuse for a proper dungeon roam without having to battle for mobs from PL crews.

you could of course make these time limited missions so you could change over group members mid run.

Other experimental... maybe release as live server, but you are level locked and can't access higher raids until you've beaten every raid under the previous level cap. Sure some guilds will race ahead, but unless they pull their membership along, then they'll run out of players, till they catch up.
    Faydra likes this.
  4. Nuttmeg Augur

Benefit 2:
    Earlier I ventured my guess that they could be adding a "vellum" where any class can cast a targeted buff on a spell scroll and trade the scroll/sell it in the Bazaar. (Low level players would be buying DSes and Temperance in bulk.)
    Benefit #2 would be the amount of plat removed from the game as people bought the vellums to cast onto.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the costs are going to be high enough to become a plat sink it will be to costly for lower level players to afford.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. trexton New Member

Kinda offtopic, but I'm curious what they added to EQ2 loot? Been awhile since I've played
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

EQ2 loot, every piece has 9399399393993939393910138910 bonus hp, and stat bonuses.
    EQ2 was ruined as a game due to statflation... everything became meaningless.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

My understanding is they made Personal Loot Chests for raids that have a random chance of dropping the loot you need, but you can buy Keys from the marketplace to increase the chance of getting good loot, more loot, or even guaranteeing you a certain drop.

"When you defeat the final boss in the specified zones and loot their Personal Treasure Reward, you will be given an option to expend Personal Treasure Reward Keys. These keys increase the number of treasure rolls you obtain, or even guarantee a gear drop from that encounter. Spending a single Personal Treasure Reward Key will give you an additional reward roll with a 50% chance for the reward to be a gear item. Spending three Personal Treasure Reward Key will give you that same additional roll with a 50% chance, plus a third reward roll with a guaranteed gear reward.
    [IMG]"

Edit: The above was taken from the EQ2 forums
  9. Nuttmeg Augur

Perhaps for true low-level players... However, every time I have returned to EQ from a long break and started asking questions in General, I have been received "vast sums" of plat and gear relative to my ability to generate it - to help get me caught up.

As an aside, I gave 3,000 plat to a new player today. You bet, even at a cost of 100PP per scroll, I'd have given them a dozen scrolls of Temperance that I'd casted too, if that was a thing. Which is how the plat would leave the economy.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well boys & girls, looks like EA has launched a takeover bid for EG7, or EG7 are pitching an offer at EA and the lootboxes are just the start, added in to make the game integrate more naturally within EA's current monetisation strategy
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  11. Roleplay Here Journeyman

I bet it has something to do with corpse unlocking and loot distribution after an NPC is killed. I bet they make more difficult to sell loot rights.
  12. Faydra Augur

It would be really interesting to have zone scaling if it was done right. It could also turn out very poorly if done wrong, i.e. mobs have way too much hp for the level range.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. brickz Augur

This would be an instant uninstall for me
    Kaenneth, Skuz and Tyranthraxus like this.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

Holy crap. I just looked into this stuff on the EQ2 forums, I really hope they're not going to do that on the new TLP.

Apparently you have a 33% chance to get a "gear" item. Using 1 key gives you a 2nd roll with 50% chance, and using 3 keys gives you the same 2nd roll for 50% and a guaranteed 3rd roll for 100% chance for a "gear" item. Whenever you don't roll a gear item you get something like a spell scroll or an ornament.

Imagine you're a Monk in Velious and your guild just killed Vulak`Aerr, a Personal Treasure Reward: Vulak`Aerr appears on your cursor. You really want that elusive Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment you've had your eye on for the last 22 years, so you open up the DBC store, buy a pack of 5 Personal Treasure Reward Keys for 2000 DBC (you KNOW they're going to come in packs that are not divisible by 3, so you have to buy more than you want, and you're left with not enough remaining to guarantee a loot so you have to buy more later if you want to use them for a guaranteed loot), you spend 3 to open it for a 33% chance at loot, a 50% chance at loot, and a guaranteed loot. Your first 33% chance for loot fails and you get a Ebon Hero's Forge Chain Hands Ornament, your 2nd 50% chance roll also fails and you get a Spell: Circle of Great Divide, and you're guaranteed loot is a NO TRADE Sal`Varae's Robe of Darkness that you can't even use. You're out $20 and have nothing to show for it.

There's too may gambling addicts in EQ who are would spend so much money on this and destroy the game for everyone else.
    Qingwa, Kaenneth, Xanathol and 4 others like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would wager that players getting gifts like that are in the minority sure it happens but a lot will never see it.
  16. Grummle Journeyman

After 13 (ish?) TLP servers, the population of monsters in several zones have been beaten, slashed, and exploded into a resession. Crushbone, Unrest, Guk, and SolB have become ghost towns, no longer supporting a viable population of creatures, and have been closed off to adventure access by the Norrathian Conservation Group.
    Magneress and Tucoh like this.
  17. Enuen Journeyman

If they find it's increasing profits for EQ2, you know it will be coming to EQ. EG7 ain't passing up an opportunity for new revenue, the community be damned.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  18. Grummle Journeyman

I wasn't aware of the personal loot changes in EQ2.
    I could totally see them testing a personal loot system in EQ on a TLP, before making those keys available as a cash grab.
    Sounds horrible.
    Qingwa and Skuz like this.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Hard mode raids. Cap them at 24 people. Offer better loot.

I do like the idea of spell scrolls being clickable although it affords many ways to exploit. Like a monk/rogue carrying around resurrection scrolls.
    Vetis and Phinius like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are not going to develop new content for the TLP servers.
    Ulrin likes this.