Teleportation key ring: adding sortable labels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ravanta Suffer, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

This is a feature request for the teleportation key ring. Previously, I used to not really care about the teleportation items from heritage crates because they had such a long refresh timer. That was recently improved to 30 minutes. Which is GREAT! With that change, these things are really nice now.

I'm sure most players would agree on that point. I've been buying more teleportation keyring slots as a result.

The teleportation items have an item description that tells you where they port to. Which is great! And a lot of them are descriptive enough just from the name. For example, painting: maiden's fancy obviously takes you to the maiden's fancy in Neriak third gate. Assuming you're familiar with Neriak, you wouldn't need much more of an explanation than that. But if you have lots of teleportation items, it can be difficult to find the you want.

So here is what I am proposing. It would be nice if we could have a column added into the teleportation keyring UI, that lets us type in a label. And we would be able to sort the teleportation items by the label that we use. In my example, I would probably label painting: maiden's fancy to NERIAK - Third Gate: Maiden's Fancy.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would rather just have a new column that says where it ports to instead of making the players input that.
    Flatchy, Vumad, Ssdar and 8 others like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I have collected all but 2 Heritage crates clicks. I collect nothing in real life, I scratch that itch in EQ to help support this awesome game as the filthy casual I am. It's a pain to find the right click when there's like 70 items in your key chain. I like the above idea a lot. One step further: Would it be possible to place just the name of the zone in green, easy to read text on the port click item icon when placed in the key ring?
    Flatchy likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Totally agree with this - anything to help designate the port location.

Kind of like the port stones from the port guy in the hall do show the location if you click the lore tab on them -

My Guild Hall map is a mess where I have labelled all the ports so I can find those. Used to use item search but they are hardly called where they go so were hard to find.
  5. MustardonWatermelon Elder

6. MustardonWatermelon Elder

7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thinking on this more I think we would want more than just a single column for this. Could have a few that would add the needed information.

Expansion that the zone is in
    Zone that the port is to
    Flag if the port item is a convertible one and can be changed to port to different zones
    Notes field for player to put in information such as where in the zone it ports you or other things they find useful

There might be other information that would be useful but that would be a good start.