Named Hunting..... DEVS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shep569, Mar 17, 2023.

1. shep569 Journeyman

Yes, could named actually spawn? The spawn timer on these last few expansions are pitiful, hours and days without a named and even worse? No damn Rare drops.... The game is literally at the point of no fun, to repetitive for camping... Sure PH's respawn fast, yay us... Not..

Seriously, Fix this.. Make named actually spawn and simply make rare drops rare; atleast then its fun and exciting again camping a named that spawns...
    Alena likes this.
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I had pretty good luck with hunter but 1. Scorched Cackling Bones in Shadoweaver's Tangle. I kept track of how many mobs I killed to get it to spawn. Slightly over 1000. Most of these were PH's.

On the plus side, killing so many mobs helped with the Slayer progression.
    Tegila likes this.
  3. Snazster Elder

Supposedly, if you kill all the PHs in one cycle, the named has a 11% chance to spawn on the next cycle. If you only kill half the PHs then you have 5.5% chance and so on. This actually does seem to correspond to what I see, given that the Fowl Matriarch has like 28 ph, and Diabo only has 6.

The problem being junk drops. I shouldn’t have to camp and kill 50 named to get a power source. And after maybe 70 named kills in Firefall Pass I have never seen a Jovial Jingle or whatever it is called. And spread that across all the zones and getting the hunter achievement and I have NEVER seen one of those Acolyte things for making a type 18 aug.

The fortitude drop for making player-made type 8 as augs is also a major frustration as you need more than one and it only drops occasionally in mean streets, where the group will then random it. (That might be a good way to pay the devs; we have one weekly paycheck here for the six of you, everyone roll! Great, grats whoever. We’ll have to do this again in a month or two.)
    Alena, Vumad and Marton like this.
  4. Marton Augur

It's pita to do hunters.

4 - 5 hours at a camp every evening, no named. When I spend entire weeks like this, it makes me want to just bid on a raid cloak instead of wasting giant amount of my free time trying to get hunter done.

Yes, I know evolves are better items but I would like to do other things with my time then killing hundreds of placeholders for nothing.

As the other poster mentioned, getting the fortitude drop needed for type 8 augments is also quite annoying. Why can't this item drop in all missions?
    Alena likes this.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

The other night we spawned about 5 different named in less than 2 hours. :)

Did you piss off the RNG gods? :D
  6. Marton Augur

I think I did :D
  7. Cicelee Augur

Challenging to complain about spawn rates when so many are already done with hunter, and the expansion is only one third of the way to the next.

You have time. It will come.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Good thing he put "DEVS" in the title, because that means someone at Darkpaw is legally obligated to read it.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Marton Augur

Thing is .... I'm not convinced hunter is the best use of my time. Not enough carrot ...
    Alena likes this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Well. That is your decision.

Those who want will put forth the time to achieve what they desire. No one makes anyone complete hunter. Your choice.
  11. Marton Augur

I know it is my decision.

I have done my share of timesinks ... Artisan Prize for several characters, max TS, no baz, all farmed myself, TBL evolves etc ... but it is getting harder and harder to justify spending ridiculous amounts of time on things.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

FYI Im fairly sure the bird ph is just the sooty, so its much less than 28 kills if you can figure out how to pull sootys without the others adding.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its always a choice - do this or do that. What would you choose to do before hunter? collections?
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

For a moment I thought the thread would be about hunting DEVS. Silly me.
    Madeni, Corwyhn Lionheart and Tatanka like this.
  15. Tegila Augur

I find diabo to go in spurts. Like 3-5 in a row then hours without. My worst wait in FF was the igneous insect, matriarch second worst. Haven't been back to try the corpsedude in SW since the 5hour zergfest on his phers with no spawn but that one certainly seems the worst by others' anecdotal evidence as well
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

I hate to start an argument, but
    RABBIT SEASON!
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just play naked. It's like the rain dance for EQ RNG. Lucky for my neighbors, I run a lot so I have a cute butt.
    code-zero, Nennius and Alena like this.
  18. SomeForumLoser New Member

It's not called EasyQuest. Stop whining cause you want everything handed to you.
    Andarriel likes this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

I just finished hunters this weekend. Scorched Cackling Bones was by far the biggest PITA of them all for me. I only got it from a Bad man allowing me to mooch a checkmark in a raid (THANK YOU MAN!) Not saying their names because I dont want them besieged with requests. That being said I have gotten 2 items of visible gear during that entire time and they were both legs. I have yet to see an otherworldy power item for my 2 hander. Most of the T3 stuff I have gotten is through doing the one task I can do. (When one Door Closes).

Im not whining or crying but this is not normal. Ive been doing this over 20 years with no break and I dont attribute it to RNG so much as to DB changing the "ore" to being gear specific. I would like to see them open the loot table on the mentioned task because I have seen lots of T3 and evolving cloaks rot.
    Why I am on that subject why would you even bother to put a T3 cloak item out? Anyone would take the evolving one in a heartbeat over that.
  20. Tegila Augur

Tried sending PM but couldn't find it anymore. If you can do one door you can do siege, just need the right strat.