2024, Make Paladins !

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ofearl, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Wulfhere Augur

A paladin can burn with Valorous Rage + Inquisitor's Judgment + Thunder of Karana + Spire of Chivalry while using a tanking discipline. I do this with a 2H weapon when I'm soloing a rare mob for example.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

I'm wondering how much the new Banestrike AA affects Slay Undead since it now updates base melee damage. Anyone seeing much bigger slays or has parsed its effects yet?
  3. Brickhaus Augur

It's all additive, not multiplicative, for increase. When I did my Live v Test runs for my paladin, I did not use an undead mob but I'll run a parse tonight just to check.

Edit - an hour run against an undead dummy gave a max slay of 1,762,593 ... banestrike 3/4, main buffs (no beastlord buffs), current familiar, jann buff and CoV 2h knight ore weapon at 911/37. Since I deleted all my old logs, I have no idea what this tells you. But it is here as a data point.
  4. Maedhros High King

Every year, after we get passed the crazy, fanciful, unrealistic suggestions and then finally get into some of the reasonable ideas there are still so many different opinions on how to make some of the abilities we have now better and it ends up devolving into nothing.

I think we could probably find 5 really good ideas that most of us agree on and then try to push them through.

Some of the best ideas that I think I've had or heard are just about updating some of the numbers that some of our spells and abilities do to make us more capable of doing our jobs without a significant change in how we are already playing.

Increasing the hate generation on all of our stuff across the board by 50% would probably help even though I'd love them to just double it all across the board.

Setting stuns to instant cast would be a long overdue improvement.

We can all agree that paladin passive healing is pretty bad compared to SK's.
    Roll the Regenerating Steel line into our Wrathful Fury proc buff, and give it a bump in the numbers.
    They could even simplify it into a targets target heal like Upbraid.
    Definitely no cast counter limit.
    Also our Blessing of Life AA is so pathetically underpowered.
    Increase the proc rate from 33% to 50% and increase the heal from woeful 14k base to 30K.

I think rolling Parley for Honor into Audacity is a great idea. As long as Audacities magic debuff is applied first. Everything we cast is magic and adding a magic debuff into a stronger usable spell is a great idea.

Personally I believe the most important thing that would help is an adjustment to our disc duration.
    They flat out removed discs from Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery AA and our disc uptime is straight terrible now.
    Its even worse/more significant because almost all the raids are marathons now, with not a single raid thats a quick burn. So nearly every raid we are running through all our discs and then standing around with nothing to hit.
    I'd like a combat ability reinforcement AA that adds 25% to uptime, or simply go through and adjust all our discs to be 25% longer.

I think rolling spell lines together is great but also unlikely to happen.
    Our most realistic upgrade ideas will be on adjusting the numbers of our new spells and discs during this next level increase expansion and if we can push those ideas through we might affect some decent change.

As far as I know I am the only high end paladin in the CRC. There are a couple guys from TLPs though.
    I'd love to try to push through some of our ideas guys, but lets be realistic and come to some consensus.
    Tanlie, alanus and Ofearl like this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I would hope these are easy additions to consider. These unity or combo spells are quite simple to do. Just create a new spell that has slots of SPA 374 to cast another spell, in slot order. Paladins are certainly lacking in combo spells and overdue to receive some.
    Allayna and Maedhros like this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Love em, I'm just a peon in the world of this game so between all of us, someone has the ability. As for disc timers, etc. I'd be find with ditching some of the junk focus tab lines and adding in disc's to them to lengthen the duration or shorten re-use timers!
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

are you really burning if you aren't hitting pureforge though =p
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Yes for the most part, because it helps me win solo/molo fights much faster.

Recall that Valorous Rage is using SPA 496 which is non-stacking critical chance. So Pureforge is not in full effect, just its crippling chance and triple attack chance. If you want to medium burn longer then space those two out. I think the DPS from Valorous Rage alone beats Pureforge and has for the past many AA ranks.

Edit: Not sure which critical chance gets used actually. PF rk III is 340% and VR XV is 320% (non-stacking).
  9. Szilent Augur

they stack. spa496 does not stack with other spa496 effects - notably Prophets Gift of the Ruchu and/or Glyph of Ultimate Destruction, which also do not stack with each other
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. Fintank Augur

I mean you don't even need to look at SPA stuff. 1 of those is crit damage and the other is crit rate, neither ability does anything that is shared with the other in terms of function or spell data. They just work like 2 geese necking in a pond, beautifully!
    Wulfhere likes this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Yes you do. Else you don't know one from the other without parsing.

That being said, I agree that they stack fully.

I still say that VR > PF and can be stretched out if you need them so.
  12. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

guardian disc click off + pureforge + valor + blood coaters. tank your stuff while burning
  13. NatazzEvoli Elder

There's a lot of interesting ideas. Paladins sure could use the attention. An easy fix to improve dps on non-undead would be to let Slay work at 50% of what it does on undead. Sure it doesn't fit into the lore of the class, but it would provide a little bump in that sense.
  14. shiftie Augur

VR has out performed PF since inception due to the HHE unless you have another equal or greater hhe effect active.
  15. alanus Augur

I'd love an increase to our snap aggro. Our snap aggro is pathetic compared to SK.

Even maybe make an enable/disable AA that increases the aggro from our heals by like 5x, so that our self heals, when tanking, will add to aggro like SK lifetap does
  16. Warpeace Augur

On the surface this sounds like a terrible idea if your saying our self only heals, Culpability line, that have a 2:30 cool down.

I get the whole different play styles but personally I never load any of those since they just don't rate a slot on the spell bar with three AA and a Combat Ability that can fill that emergency healing need.
    Wulfhere and Stephen51 like this.
  17. alanus Augur

I meant all of our heals. so when you're raid tanking, you can cast burst of dawnbreak, which heals for 23k, and instead of generating 5750 aggro, it'd generate about 30k aggro
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All we need is our paladin RB version that we had in beta, an increase in aggro on FoD that is more significant than the linear increases, and a resist check on parlay changed so that it doesn't take 2-4 casts to land and can be relied on in the beginning of contact.

Our dps is fine. It would be nice if there was a reason to mem nukes though. Spell dps for paladins is freaking pathetic.

We can hold aggro fine (against 1 mob), do we compete with sk/warrior? No, for different reasons, but we need to be able to hold aggro over dps not over other tanks. The problem is getting and keeping that aggro at the beginning.

Nothing like 8 mobs activate, and you spam ALL your stuff and you're sitting at 60% of another tank that hasn't touched your mob because they are spamming ae stuff, and you're parlay has resisted twice, forcing you to go unending to give you the time to get aggro in.
  19. Szilent Augur

Parlay appears to have the same resist profile (MR-50) for both knight classes. Is there an extrinsic I'm missing?
  20. alanus Augur

You're contradicting yourself there. We need better aggro to avoid the 2nd situation from happening all the dang time. Parlay by itself getting resisted or landing isn't going to change that. Parlay is great aggro but because it's overtime, it just screws us at holding aggro at the beginning of the fight, which is why we need better snap aggro

Our aggro should be near SKs. They shouldn't be out aggroing us without even touching our mob