Test Update 03/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

On what do you base this assertion, Kizant?
  2. kizant Augur

Because it was fixed on test.
    Luclin.Dragonball and Tucoh like this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

You've never really looked at the spell data have you?

I'd encourage you to use either raidloot.com or eqresource.com and see for yourself. Magician's synergy caps at 250. The hazes now cap at 253. Weirdly enough, Beguiler's synergy caps at 249 ... which I think makes no practical difference but I will grant that it is a difference.

In any case as Kizant stated, the 6th rank of haze was fixed in the patch.
  4. Daikano New Member

I know this went live yesterday so further discussion may be moot, but being a player on Thornblade (Mischief overflow server) the biggest annoyance about this change is that the Progression achievement that is obtained by killing 50-100 of MANY different races is unobtainable until the TLP is in its 3rd year when Veil of Alaris releases due to the requirement of "You can call me Alaran." Unless I've missed something, "What has science done" (Kill Sokokar) unlocks with Seeds of Destruction. Army Ants (kill Cliknar) will be unlocked with Underfoot in December of 2023 which is roughly 2.5 years into the server's life.
    This means the only way to boost from 2% to 4% in the first three years of a server is to complete Force of Nature - slay 5000-10000 of various mob types.

If the three achievements listed above were to be made optional to complete Progression, then the 7% boost would be achievable in Omens of War, I think. That's roughly 1 year into the life of a typical TLP and when the populations tend to really dwindle.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You achieve 4% by complementing any of the 3 achievements, 7% for any 2 of them and 10% for all 3 of them. You don't have to complete them in any order.
  6. Daikano New Member

Yes. That was kind of my point. The 2% is obtainable by getting the initial banestrike unlock, but the only one that is possible to acquire on a TLP before year 3 is Force of nature. 7% and 10% are unobtainable until VoA in the current implementation.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not sure what the problem is with that as the 2% option should work about to be better then the old version as it works on every attack, spell and ability instead of just having a chance to work on mobs you have gotten the achievement for. It shouldn't be unexpected that TLP won't have everything that a live server has.
  8. Daikano New Member

I get that. Its a fair point. I just find it frustrating that we can't have the "Kill 10-100 of all these mobs" but we can have "Kill 5000-10000 of these." It feels imbalanced but maybe that's just me being lazy.

It wouldn't be as painful, I guess, if the achievement were for all toons on a single account per server rather than per-toon.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I still don't understand the problem, the only change to the banestrike ability in regards to those achievements is that now instead of reducing the reuse timer on banestrike they now improve an ability that works on everything. You still had to do the exact same achievements in order to improve the old banestrike just now the reward is different. There was no change to which ones you could or couldn't do on a TLP server.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Daikano New Member

I'm guessing you don't play on TLPs much. Its a constant climb to improve your character in order to defeat the content with fewer and fewer players because the population is ever dwindling and the content was designed to have actual players in chairs and not boxed toons. There are some boxes but true box keeps that to a minimum. There are no mercs yet.
    Lets ignore the fact that banestrike worked differently for a moment and look at the fact that there are 3 achievements of increasing difficulty that will upgrade it. The easiest of which is unobtainable, and (arguably) the hardest is available to us. That's the point of contention. It isn't that "we want all the things!" I think we (many players on TLPs) would like to have access to the upgrade before the server is a ghost town and its irrelevant to progress there any longer. As it stands presently, we won't see the banestrike boost to rank 3 for more than a year from now, and we're already in TSS.
    I'm not the only person feeling like this. I'm just the only one in my guild that has come forward because they've encountered the 'This isn't a problem because it doesn't affect live servers.' mentality.

Anyway, I've got to get back to the game to kill another 5000 gray cons because big numbers make endorphin go aaaahhh. :)
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I understand what you are saying but you seem to be missing the point that how you achieve the four ranks of the banestrike AA have not changed with the patch. The only change was what the AA does for you and it improves your character more then what the old AA does. At the end of the day you are still able to achieve the same ranks of the AA that you could before the patch but now those ranks will provide a better benefit for all players.

You seem to be focusing on the way to improve the AA but it is exactly the same as it was before the patch. There is nothing wrong with having to wait to get the full 10% from the new AA as that is going to be a nice upgrade when you are first able to get it.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think anyone that wants to complain about the change should go parse it and see how much it changed their dps before they complain about how much it changed their dps.
    Denyu, Nennius, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  13. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

My mistake, 250 not 255. I was going off of old memory, sorry. The spells in question cast at 250, making mage synergy apply where the others do not.