Ruleset announcement in early April

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Haeldar New Member

I personally think this would be awesome. Those rare times when I get a group together and we have a dungeon to ourselves is epic. Crawling through it and getting to the end named mobs vs just running through an empty dungeon with groups covering all the areas would be a lot of fun.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What I have been told when I asked about that was the changes to the server made such a request impossible and I don't see how the gains from making changes to allow it would provide much value.
  3. filthytlpplayer Elder

With Vaniki they demonstrated the ability to tweak at least some aspects of spells on a server by server basis (something that I assumed would probably be impossible). I may be wrong but I think I've heard that there are TLP specific damage tables for melee classes. While tweaking those things wouldn't be a wholistic approach to class rebalance, it would be one route that they could go if this was what they were wanting to experiment with.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Classes being somewhat balanced from the start would be something they have yet to do.
  5. Aoradek New Member

Good thoughts. I said fully instanced dungeons below, and didn't notice your post. I think it makes sense. This would alleviate a huge portion of complaints on a daily basis. Some assumptions, but: 1) "Camp stealing" would no longer be an issue. Even though this hasn't been actionable in a long time, it probably still makes up a huge chunk of petitions. 2) Training, which is actionable and probably makes up another huge chunk of petitions. 3) People petitioning repeatedly over permacamp bots. Just open an instance and farm with your group. 4) Limit the instance to a group would cut down on the ability of PL bot groups. For the record I'm not anti-boxing. I've done plenty of boxing in my day, including Yelinak most recently.
  6. Vicus Augur

This is the only thing that I would find really enjoyable that has a real chance to be in the April TLP. Would be a game changer for EQ. Live and TLP.
  7. Haeldar New Member

Instanced dungeons AND scalable raids would be amazing. Maybe throw in randomized loot (may not be necessary with instanced dungeons) and/or free trade and OMGWTFBBQ take my money!
  8. Vicus Augur

I am curious if they are adding a "mentor" type system. Allowing high level players to scale down to join friends or allowing low level players to scale up based on the level/gear/aa of the person doing the mentoring.

If they allowed a high level player to scale down, but still gain aa experience while doing older content with friends, it would open up a lot of exp spots and dynamics for people during TLP's.

I don't think this would be a system that would by itself keep people around so there would need to be more, but it is a system that could be more useful on live for when new players join the servers.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With how much lag we still get around instances I don't seem them adding in a new system of instances.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think something like that would be good as it would allow for higher level players to join and help lower level characters while being able to still play their own character.
    Vicus likes this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

raid currency for all expansions
  12. NImxat Elder

Gnome monks, ogre bards
  13. Sakuraba Augur

Ogre Bards always sounds like an entertaining nightmare, even in EQ2 where you can do this. ESPECIALLY in EQ2 where we have a pretty solid idea on what Ogre singing would sound like from the various player-character voices and early NPC voiced dialogue like the one with Boomba's descendant.

Your raid party is going to get inspired by a sound which can only be wholly and summarily described as "That sound when multiple glass jars break in rapidfire succession" or "milk curdling out in the sun after being boiled for several minutes".
    Thewiz likes this.
  14. Zohan Journeyman

Traditional server rule set, but all loot is heirloom.
    Checks off boxes, something that has not been done before and is experimental, and also is something that could be transferred over to live.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  15. Sabra Lorekeeper

I find it interesting (unless I missed it in the thread) that NO ONE suggested the removal of instanced raids. Keep instanced zones so people can level but make every raid target contended.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because that is a horrible idea that would destroy the game. There is a reason why they moved to instanced raids in the first place.
  17. Sabra Lorekeeper

And what reason is that? So everyone gets their fair share of loot? What is this kindergarten, we all win even though we suck...no. The best guilds/players should come out on top. Period.

They can make it FV loot so that the losers can buy loot from the top guilds! Just like America!
  18. Triconx Augur

If you suck you won't win raids in instances either.

Open world raids prove nothing about the skill of players. Only who can be the bigger clown and train guilds. If you feel the need to flex on scrubs go to p99 and show how leet you are
    Aiona and Tweakfour17 like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because a single guild can lock down all raids preventing any other guild on the server from getting any raid loot? That is exactly what happened in the past and why they changed it to instanced raids. There is nothing fun or enjoying about not being able to play in the raid game because another guild is able to kill all the targets before you have a chance to try.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

That ship sailed the better part of a decade ago via AoC and over 20 years ago via actual instances, there is a better chance of a pvp tlp than there is they remove raid instancing. To quote Captain Video "less than 0% chance of that happening"
    Skuz and Captain Video like this.