What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Tegila Augur

Hottake: drakkin are the best playable race
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

I mean the only race with more perfect facial hair are Dwarves, and that really just comes down to a debate on whether one likes luscious, full beards or neatly trimmed villain-y looks.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Can't be beastlord... not best ;-P
  4. Tegila Augur

Hottake: Only thing wrong with drakkin is you can't be a shaman.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

o_O
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

My hot takes?

CoV-ToV: (meme) Jumping the Shark - Sharks Jumping You

The general state of the devs: The Developer And The Suitman (an adapted poem from The Walrus and The Carpenter)

64bit: My New Bits Bring All The Bois To The Port (an adapted lyric from My Milkshake)

ToL: Get Back ToL (an adapted lyric from Get Back)

NoS: Space Oddity (an adapted lyric from Space Oddity)
  7. ChiiChii Augur

sooo much money will be lost on PA (rofl)(rofl)
  8. ChiiChii Augur

Merge mag w/ wiz. Delete mag :p :p (teasing innocently)
    code-zero and Alarya like this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

I finally created one when I started playing again but imo they are the worst race. They are the only one that has an annoying running sound. I don't care if they are 50% stronger than any other race if they annoying you when running around due to the sound it isn't worth it.
  10. Tegila Augur

i play all drakkin, only some have sound on, but ive never noticed such a thing. Just ran around and cant hear anything. Maybe because im always lev'd?
    code-zero likes this.
  11. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

EverQuest is one of the easiest MMOs to play. Biggest hurdle is finding people(with a pulse and can press 1-10 buttons) to play with.
  12. Owch Crotchety SOB

Test server should be restricted to All Access customers. The only people I want testing this game are those who care enough to at least support it with a paid subscription. If people want to play it as a regular server, cough up a card or a Krono. Freeloaders be damned.
    Metanis and Sandy100 like this.
  13. zugren New Member

14. Sandy100 Elder

Here are my suggestions for increasing enrollment and improving game play"
    1. Many servers other than FV and a few others have a very sparse population. Consideration should be given to some server mergers.
    2. While I do understand the reason for boxing and why people use it especially in a solo unfriendly invironment, I NEVER liked having boxing on the server primarily because the boxing software can create issues with the server and gives an unfair advantage to those who box vs those who don't. However, being able to solo more easily should be allowed and encourage IF we want a large influx of new players. Accordingly, I really think it is time for Daybreak to reevaluate their limited mercenary policy and allow players to use two or even three mercs at a time. As part of this I would eliminate boxing. Moreover, even if boxing isn't prohibited, I don't think that players need to box if they can have several mercenaries .
    3. I would allow greater control of mercenaries like we do have with pets. I really would like this as I am sure others would like this change as well.
    4. Provide a new progression server that has similar rules to FV. I never did get nor do I understand why Daybreak establishes TLP after TLP. IT is simply more of the same and doesn't do anything to bring in many new players. It simply attracts people from older TLPS.!! So what is the answer. Provide a TLP that is a combination of FV and Test. Thus, every item would be tradeable. In addition the experience bonus would equal that of test,which is 100%. In additon, I do believe my idea of allowing use of more than one merc should be implemented in this TLP. .
    5. Allow for randomized loot from any mob that would normally drop in other zones: It always bothered me that there are many empty , unused zones such as Halls of Honor that has few people using them. This is because there isn't anything desirable about the zone. They aren't hot zones and usually don't have good drops of anything that is wanted by players. HOWEVER, if any mob can drop any item of that level found in other zones, all zones will be equally desirable.
  15. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless you are in the group that thinks it would cause inflation in the game and don't like the idea.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

18. Buds Augur

Why? They would just sell PP instead, like they used to. DBG would be the ones losing money on that deal, they make $18 for each Krono, you think they would want to slow that down?
    code-zero, Kaenneth and Svann2 like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm I dont want any crazy people to think I was serious so removed my hot take :)
  20. Notinterested Augur

Those people are ignorant, living in denial and lack a basic understanding of what inflation even is. The 2m cap on the baz has done absolutely nothing to stop items from going over 2m. All its done is turn gen chat into the old EC tunnel.

It is especially annoying on FV.
    Shanarias likes this.