Ruleset announcement in early April

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Mar 15, 2023.

1. jeskola pheerie

just to get the words right, its "We’re trying something that we’ve never really done before, and if it works out, we may introduce some of it to live servers."
    SOME of it.... keyword
    Aiona likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

That helps >SO< much in trying to figure out what it is. :)
    jeskola likes this.
  3. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Zones are unlocked instead of expansions at set times.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Davo The Bard

DZ's that respawn

/simples
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1. Keyless / Flagless legacy raid zones - opened on a timed schedule.

2. Group Loot is Free trade for all servers.

3. All available races can be all available classes - still have to wait for the right expansion to unlock for added races & classes. (i.e. No BST & BER in classic)

4. All Classes allowed in from Classic.

5. All available races can be all classes - added races have to wait for the right expansion to unlock.

6. All Races can be all classes at launch.

7. Retrofitted Raid currencies for raid events pre-dating Veil of Alaris.

8. Group currency multipliers

9. Project M 2.0 - play the game as an NPC

10. Instanced Shroud PvP Team Death-Match system with leaderboards & points/prizes.

11. A solo-path through the game.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Class-switching. For only $19.99 a shot, you can change your Class while keeping your levels and AA.
  7. Faydra Augur

Oh lordy, the amount of 'main changes' that would ensue from such a thing.
    Aiona likes this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

Level as cleric for easy groups and once to max switch to what you actually want to raid with.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I've been thinking. This is usually a dangerous sign, as has been demonstrated on here in the past.

With the Tradeskill Depot, they've demonstrated how their database skills are improving, and that they can now track more things by account+server, not just by individual character. They might want to see what they can do with this ability, especially since it wouldn't be a whole lot of additional development time.

First off, the idea of shared flagging across all characters on a server is very doable and would have some bearing on flagging bottlenecks we've seen on TLPs now in later expansions. Second, and I would consider this to be "experimental", they could create a new "bonus XP" rule wherein you earn additional XP that is placed in a pool for your account+server, and then you can draw on this pool at any time to level an alt. You'd see this XP tracked in your shared bank. It would not eliminate, but at least have some effect on, the demand for PL services.

Finally, and I know this is a reach, but I'm thinking it's possible we might see a new client. This would allow them to test two things which, in combination, would significantly impact the game. 1) All communication with the server would be encrypted. This would break the use of existing third-party software. 2) It would allow a player to officially/legally control two, or maybe even three, characters from the same client window, most probably by the use of tabs. You would be able to login to two or three separate accounts from one client session. By reducing the number of clients logged in, the total client/server IO is reduced, and that helps with lag. But like I said, it's a reach, i.e., wishful thinking.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Having a level downgrade mechanic so that you can set yourself to a lower level and group with players then return to your normal level and continue. Not sure how it would work though.

While the All class/race combos is cool, I think that it would require too much additional content to be added for it to be an option in classic.

I honestly, cannot think of anything really experimental that is also reasonable to be tested on TLP servers.
    All models can 100% support all armor types, all/all sets of each armor type exist and are visible. The actual issue is that certain races do not have all of the animations required for certain classes. For instance, races outside of the 4 monk races do not have a flying kick animation.
  11. Aoradek New Member

I’m guessing fully instanced dungeons
    Haeldar likes this.
  12. Brildon Augur

That'd be neat, but generally class balances already affect all servers (live and TLPs), this is something that'll only be on the TLP then if they like will be brought to the live servers. Based on previous class balances im not sure they have the ability to effectively only tune the classes for the new TLP
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not true at all and as an example the old ogre/troll models have no cloth armor animations. Just because there is an all/all cloth robe doesn't mean that all the models have the animations to support it.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Possably having a choice of which version of a zone you get. Old commons, Sleepers with him awake or asleep, old and new Mischief, etc.
  15. Thewiz Augur

Multi-class. I know it will never happen, but it would be a blast.
  16. Tanar Lorekeeper

It's leader boards everyone.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Live technically already have this with the latest patch in which you get to choose which Great Divide (I think it was; slept since last reading patch notes) you zone in to when taking the stone from PoK.

Edit: Found the patch notes; " - Added a prompt to the Plane of Knowledge stone for The Great Divide which allows the adventurer to choose between going to the original zone or the one specifically for Torment of Velious."
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I remember them saying in the past the way the script works on sleepers tomb makes it impossible to chose the pre awakening version after the script has been run. Really with that wasn't the case as it would be nice of them to correct the mistake of having a one time event that changes a zone like that.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats not quite the same, some zones get perma revamps like Freeport, Mischief, Sleeper's Tomb. Some zones get time locked revamps like hardcore heritage. The ones you are referring to are completely new individual and separate zones that just share a familiar layout from a story/lore perspective. OG Great Divide, Feerrott etc all still exist but as part of ToV or HoT etc a higher level version thats driven by the story ALSO exists. The recent change just lets you pick which you port to.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It may be possible if they use a Sleeper sleeping locked AOC. Who knows our coders can be amazing at times. :)