Sorry but where we suposed to get refunded AA's today?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I got zip!
    Griggson likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah was wondering about that.
  3. Riou EQResource

No, they were removed not refunded
  4. Notinterested Augur

It said refunded in test patch notes but not in live notes. Wonder if they changed their minds or it fell through the cracks.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I'm max AA so IF I would get any back it would in probably in the hundreds.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They should always be refunded, period. There are likely hundreds of people who bought these AAs in the last month, while if they had known that they were all going to poof they would not have done that. Spent AAs should always be refunded. Or the Devs should inform people that they plan to remove AAs without a refund a signficant time before it will happen, so that people stop buying those AAs. It is not like they increased the cost of the remaining AAs in the line by the total of the AAs removed.
    Tegila and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Riou EQResource

Probably saw how many points were refunded and changed it
  8. Lubianx Augur

I do agree with the more time part, considering they said they would in the patch notes.

The big problem I see with refunds is Autogrant. How many of these AAs were Autogranted? How many were only partlially Autogranted.

One person could have gotten these AAs without any autogrant.

Another could have the first few levels autogranted, then XPed the rest.

Someone could have got the first levels autogranted, bought the next few with AAs, left the game for a year or so, come back and have the next lot Autogranted.

I am not sure about how much of this info is stored but it would a monumental amount of work to refund the correct amount
    Quatr likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Auto-granted AAs do not give AAs when the line is refunded. They never have. They refund the full line and then the player buys them back. All of this information is stored from the inception of the Auto-grant feature. So the game knows if a player has spent AA to get the AA or if it was Auto-granted.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Untrue. Have plenty of level 85 alts made with free heroics with aa overcap giving me warning about it anytime I logged in for overseers, due to refunds. Characters that have never killed a single mob.
  11. Qimble Augur

Who cares if someone was autogranted some AAs and gets those refunded and can free spend them? Max AA isn't some heroic epic accomplishment that needs to be gated. If an AA is removed from the game, they should refund the AAs to anyone that has it to make up for people who recently purchased it.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have had AA lines be refunded that I had never spent AAs in but had had Auto-granted but I never got a single AA refunded. Similarly, I have had characters that were HC'd to 85 after having been leveled to a certain point and had some AAs and some granted by HC and other AAs autogranted. I only received the AAs back in the amount that was spent. I did not receive any AAs for those which were Auto-granted. I also have HC clerics who were HC'd up when they had not spent any AAs and they did not receive AAs back but another HC'd cleric who had spent AAs did get AAs back during past AA refunds.

So I have no idea what happened with your characters for them to get the AAs back.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

*shrug*

I think you are just seriously confused. For example, every single pet class HC character I made that I never did anything with other than overseer later on on a FTP account, ALL had the same issue (beastlords, sks, magicians). And non-pet classes had the same issue, just not as many. They logged in, were given like 600 or whatever AA, not capable of camping until spending below the 3x limit, then not allowed to spend another since they were FTP.

So every single time they logged in, same red text about having to spend aa before able to earn more blah blah blah.

Its only the last 2 rounds of AA consolidation where they weren't refunded. I don't care, I don't think they should refund them, but you are incorrect on your assertion.

Just logged into one to get a screen shot:

https://ibb.co/wCPwxrS

Never killed a single mob with that character. 15 hours played, all overseer time.
    Quatr likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think the confusion here is that someone posted from Test that they got refunded AAs from this patch. So many were expecting refunds when it went live. Apparently they changed their minds in the meantime, and ditched the refund.

Either way, it's not that big a deal. Most classes got a couple hundred AAs or so refunded. That can be regained pretty quickly at high levels, and if you're lower level, you're still getting auto-grants anyway.

In fact, the test patch notes actually used the word refund: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...3-07-2023-patch-notes-and-discussions.289290/
    Quatr likes this.
  15. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Every time one of these posts comes up, people keep saying things like "but autogrant" and they are completely forgetting that aa's that were obtained via auto-grant have never been refunded. The game retains information on which aa's were autogranted.

TLDR: If they had done an aa refund on the aa, the only people who would have been refunded are those who actually used earned exp for the aa.

In this case, they didn't refund them so people who used AA to purchase the ranks of those abilities were surprised. Historically, when an AA was removed or combined, they would do AA refunds.