If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Koniku Elder

Honestly a pvp tlp server would be the best case scenario for all of us. With no interest to play on it we will all have much more free time to use on more useful things.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol

and the 12 players who want to EQ PvP but are too chicken to Zek will be in a safe space.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  3. Ruban New Member

A new server where everyone start at scratch is a pretty big selling point in general and for pvp in particular.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Being more aggressive in responding to the many threads that are started about wanting a PvP TLP server and ignoring the words of the devs on what is required to happen for one to be considered?
  5. uberkingkong Augur

For the record,
    If not paying attention to what people who do actually do PvP are saying. One word.
    Ruleset.
    You are totally right, you know they say on the EQ2 forums.

"Are they doing what failed or actually trying hard to make it a success"

What failed on EQ PvP.

One word.
    Ruleset

Rallos Zek Ruleset failure. Rallos Zek is FFA PvP ruleset.
    Merged the zeks together thinking people stay? All the people who despise FFA ruleset left to other MMORPGs.
    Your a funny man asking for people to go play Rallos Zek when their server with fun ruleset was merged into server with zero interest, boring ruleset.

When time comes they make a PvP server, it will come down to the.
    One word.
    Ruleset

They make a PvP server, I'll say it again
    You ask a PvP'er what makes or breaks a PvP server not a Live non-pvp player
    You ask a EQ player what makes or breaks EQ not a WoW player
    You get advice about PvP from a non-pvp player, thats where you failed

Does the norrath council meetups do they include anyone who does PvP? Well better start asking PvP players what makes or breaks PvP. They know best why people left or are still around.
    Live player, non-pvp all they can give is outsider opinions. Terrible advice.
    Similar to a WoW player telling you what EQ needs to improve on and why EQ failed. Terrible advice.
    Similar to asking a RAIDER what makes or breaks the newplayer scene, as in their struggles what makes them quit. Listen to the newplayers, if your listening to the raider instead. Terrible advice.
  6. Lejaun Augur

Please do not encourage them to post year-round. It's barely tolerable to have to sort through all of the PVP dribble this time of year. We don't want to be reading that mess year round by the 5 enthusiasts and their 15 alt accounts "supporting" their POV.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can blame the ruleset all you want but unless the PvP crowd is able to show some interest on the existing server the devs have no reason to discuss PvP at all let alone a different ruleset. If players are unwilling to attempt to show interest on a free server due to the ruleset why should the devs expect them to play on a paid server if the rules might not be exactly what they want. Just because some are advocating for a set of rules doesn't mean that all the PvP crowd wants those rules.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In dreams we simply have experiences, we don't have beliefs about experience because "reality testing" systems are not active.

Delusion: An irrational belief at odds with reality maintained in the face of obvious contrary evidence and logical argument.

Like I've said before, PvP fanatics are deluding themselves.

I enjoy PvP in some games, DAoC, WAR, and few others which properly designed for it, but in EQ it was never actually very good to begin with and it has been abandoned so long it is has suffered irreparable damage & neglect the devs have zero interest in wasting time on fixing, and that's before you get into all the class imbalances, & 3rd party software abuses.

I swear you all think that if they just build a PvP TLP that magically a few hundred PvP players will come crawling back, despite all evidence to the contrary - well they won't.
    Appren and Rijacki like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are saying that showing up on a server to show interest is not possible because of ZEK's "current ruleset" ?

Do you even grasp the inanity of that?

The "Ruleset" does not even remotely matter for the purposes of support, the devs didn't ask you to all go to zek & start playing, to actively start PvPing one another.

They said show up is all.

To show up requires no special ruleset anwywhere, in fact it doesn't even need to be on zek, you could show up on any server but Zek was thought to be the most sensible spot to gather due to the ease of access to it & the nature of the server type being asked for.

You do not need a ruleset to show up & put your hands in the air to be counted.

Trying to claim Zek's current ruleset is the obstruction to a show of hands is absolute nonsense.
    The belief that you need the devs to build you a PvP TLP of the "correct" ruleset before you will all show up en-masse is another exercise in self-delusion.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

There's so much talk about the anti-pvp people but all I've seen is people who actually care enough about the subject to say what the devs have in the past said was required. None of us defend it, it just is. So we have self described pvpers trash talking "you seem like an easy kill" etc. So funny, by their own admission the people saying these things haven't been playing EQ much less EQ pvp so what makes any of them think they'd even be good at it. I've likely pvp a lot more than any of them have since the Zeks merged. I've done guide arena events, I've dueled, I've done guild arena events where we all went down to an arena zone and killed each other for laughs. Lots of people can talk the talk.
    Rijacki and Skuz like this.
  11. RABKkehhalla Elder

You may not like it but it's happening
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  12. Maneuvre Augur

Team based PVP really captures the lore of this game. Suddenly it matters what deity you choose in character creation or what zone you will level up in based on the race chosen. So long the same zones for xp and hello to exploring the forgotten zones. TZ, VZ, or SZ ruleset is the way to go.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
  14. Taxman's Right Hand New Member

Teams PvP would be a blast. Bring it on Jchan!
    RABKkehhalla and Tanar like this.
  15. Triconx Augur

You've been saying this for years. Your sources are "trust me, bro"

How's P99?
    Skuz likes this.
  16. kenmei Augur

one of my finest memory of EQ is being in the first year of the game playing an anti-KS wizard for hire in the basement of HighHold on Fennin. maybe 200 ppl in zone at 2am pst. Brad (Aradune) appears with a female half elf ranger who happens to be the VP of Sony. Ooo aaahhh, attack BRAD!
    and thats how he lived life with us, he loved it. he talked to us about pvp and balances and the future that night in zone with the sony lady right there as he offed us randomly (he was pretty invulnerable, she was actually invulnerable).
    Anyways, those were the days of GMs actually coming into the world and naming you. Was another time, a different dev team, and playerbase.

to say Brad didnt like or want pvp in eq, says to me, you never played the game with Aradune.
    Immersive world build, would include faction building and pvp rewards/penalties for it (i.e. Vanguard)
  17. Ketchup4 New Member

if you want pvp go play on zek. leave the TLP's to us conspiracy theorist lol
  18. Stagentti Augur

I remember the PVP event forum warriors hosted a couple of years ago on Zek. Not to actually PVP but just have people show up to show how many folks supported the idea.

It got multiples more people with funny names mocking the PVP crowd than actual folks supporting PVP.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

Lets go!!!!
    Bring it on!!!
    Who knew something simple as going from FFA to teams makes a huge difference yet seems so small of a change.
  20. PeopleSuck23 New Member

Out of all the games that have PVP EQ is by far the worst. The whole aspect of PVP in EQ is the dumbest stuff ever. Lets go corpse camp people trying to xp.... Not only is the rule sets of pvp stupid, the classes are extremely un-balanced.

You honestly don't need to make a PVP server. You just need to make like battleground instances on a new server. Similar to WOW and Warhammer online. If you want to PVP I would recommend playing warhammer online. That is by far the best PVP of any RPG game out there right now.

One last thing... PVP players in EQ are a weird bunch. If they were to make on open world PVP server it would die out very quickly, I doubt it would make it past PoP.