Ruleset announcement in early April

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe something with flagging such as server/account wide flagging as well as reduction in the amount of work needed to get flagged?
    Skuz, MaestroM and filthytlpplayer like this.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

That's what I'm saying, though. Within those generalized groups, things have been done. But not everything possible within those groups has been. A server where all races can be all classes and gear is redone to accommodate would not be the same thing as adding an individual race/class combo, for instance or even just a new class.

Serverwide War events may have been done, but that does not preclude them from doing other types of serverwide special events.

Heck they could even do something like a "Goblin Gold" server where they introduce a hub area with a clan of goblins trying to redeem their namesake and if we complete quests for them they'll trade wares.
  3. Moforyguy12345 Augur

How can it be a good thing if it effects TLP and LIVE? Those are pretty different games.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

City management defend the cities ruleset TLP has not been done before.
    Serverwide announcements alerts entire server that a city is being attacked.
  5. hein Augur

Apparently the mass majority are unable to comprehend context of a conversation.
    She didn't say it was going to impact the live servers! She said if the experiment goes well, they could implement it on the live servers. It very well could NEVER have any impact on the live servers. Therefore, whatever this is, has to be something that COULD be implemented, but doesn't necessarily HAVE to be. Admittedly tho, I have no idea what that could be.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Leaked ruleset:

• FV loot
    • Mischief randomized loot
    • Double XP/loot
    • On TLP release, all live / other TLP characters are locked
    • To unlock, the account must have a character that defeats the current goal on TLP
    • When the next expansion drops, all live characters are locked again until they again defeat the expansion goal
    • Full loot PvP
  7. Jmitch Lorekeeper

My guess would be a big balance pass to bring the relative power of classes closer together in any given era.
    filthytlpplayer likes this.
  8. Thewiz Augur

Yeah ok.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As much as I would like to see a server with the ability for all races to be any class that is unlikely to happen due to not all models being able to support all armor types. While some might not consider this an issue I am sure the devs don't want to put out content with some races having bugged graphics.

As for the event idea I don't see why they would spend the time making new content and not releasing it to the majority of the servers as that just seems like a waste of resources.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The RMT crowd would love that as they would be able to make a sale, kill the buyer, loot all their gear and have more items to sell as well as the original item back again.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. filthytlpplayer Elder

It's pretty promising that they're thinking about features/improvements that could benefit the game as a whole and not just a one off gimmicky thing like Vaniki, or a minor tweak to the TLP server formula. It will be pretty interesting to see what this ruleset looks like as it will be informative for what kind of things they're thinking about as ways to enhance the game overall. I wouldn't be surprised if as players that typically focus on minor things like unlock pace, xp rate, etc we aren't even thinking in the same realm as what this ruleset will look like. Few more weeks and we'll see.
  12. Mashef Augur

Most exciting part of this is that it will be announced in early April to give us what sounds like nearly 1-2 months to decide our fate. One thing that seems to be a sure thing is that based on the interview, it doesn't seem like the entire server is going to be predicated on this one experimental thing. It will still have other rulesets I would fathom.

My hope:
    Seasonal type thing where if you achieve certain things in that season (expansion for TLP) you get rewards at the end of the time frame. Hit certain tiers of hunters/raids/epic/explorations/tradeskill achievements (they would have to add more here) for your era within say 60 days...rewards in tiers for hitting everything you get ABC, hitting 75% of it you get AB and for hitting 50% you get A.

You just keep going into S2 which in TLP would be the next expansion or group of expansions. If implemented on live they could just break the expansion into multiple seasons when creating it and structure it going forward.

Combo that up with a cool ruleset like free trade/relaxed truebox/class/race/class combos and a non-classic start they got themselves a winner!

Scarcity of rewards keeps people engaged. Once the rewards are gone they ain't never coming back.
  13. Dagud New Member

A few possibilities:
    • Extend AOC to include all dungeons, rather than just raid mob dungeons.
    • Allow single players to get an AOC instance.
    • Random rare loot drops from all mobs, using the same loot tables as similar-level named mobs.
    • All items (including epic drops) can be traded.
    And my personal favorite idea:
    • Melee classes get Origin-style AA's allowing them to bind and gate.
  14. MaestroM Augur

My hopium is this. I am really looking forward to playing on a new TLP this year but I am not interested in a server that departs too far from the standard model. If Luclin or beyond is open day one, I'm out. Might as well stay on Yelinak.
  15. Lineater Augur

How would that be implemented though? What kind of change could affect a lvl 50 wizard on a TLP but not a lvl 50 wizard on live?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's looking much more likely it will be what I said in another post.

"something nobody asked for & nobody wants".
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  17. Dmitry Elder

Yeah some kind of time based PvP flag that you can participate in or ignore. But PvP that does not permanently make you red. Maybe certain zones go PvP or certain cities etc.....

I personally don't think this would work. People won't like it but it would be new and would be something they could think about putting on live.
  18. RABKkehhalla Elder

PvP flag toggle. You flag up you get a 25% xp bonus.
  19. Atrocity Journeyman

All loot will be NO DROP, including quest items. No MQs, no droppables. Heard it here first.
  20. jeskola pheerie

that would be sweet

too much work, whatever it is needs to be simpler
    Skuz likes this.