Slayer Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tyranthraxus, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Tyranthraxus Grognard

This overall looks like a really good change.
    Concerned though, now we have to go full on murderhobo on everything, even races creatures etc we had skipped killing to avoid faction hits, or just for roleplay reasons, or we are effectively nerfing our dps.

Also curious if the % change is across the board dps increase, or does it just effect races and mobs we have chieved on?

What achievement levels correlate to %age bumps?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

I think their is a potion you can buy now to hold all faction changes
  3. Riou EQResource

You should be able to complete everything without damaging faction (though they might be slower)

Otherwise there are Faction Lock Potions in the marketplace they are like 300 dbc for 4 hours, this time limit should cover any Faction a player would maybe/possibly care about
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Oh good call, forgot about those. Too late though, Grobb will never forgive me, bwahahaha
  5. Tucoh Augur

There's some parsing in the test patch notes thread but I think the difference between no slayer done and full slayer done is ~4%. This depends on class, rotation, circumstances etc and probably is different based on current ADPS.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

afaik you get kill credit in group / raid when in another zone. I know a couple servers have entire slayer guilds who sponsor serverwide raid kills in open raid format.

Not in zone = no factioning. Just like drop a dot and snare on mob and zone to duck faction hits still works.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

That’s hunter, not slayer, for getting raid credit from guildhall or wherever. Afaik, you don’t take faction hits for kills without adding yourself to the hatelist, which is irritating when you really want that faction hit and don’t get it. I’ve often had to dig thru my character’s abilities for an offensive aoe and coordinated casting with the group so everyone gets hits doing things like plane of war faction grind. So, as long as one murderhobo in the group doesn’t care about faction, you can wipe out player cities without faction hits, just don’t hit any aoe buffs while they’re killing for you.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

for slayers you need to be in the same zone and yes kills in raid did work for me when I tested it my kill toon was in group 1 and the 2nd toon I was looking at was group 2 in the raid. The only bad part is not all my toons have access to all the zones I still need to do TDS progression on some boxes. I am trying to get some LDON kills tonight before I might start a raid tonight.

I am stuck on
    Manticore going to try these tonight using
    https://eq.magelo.com/quick_search.jspa?keyword=Manticore
    8 Miragul's Menagerie: Heart of the Menagerie
    6 Miragul's Menagerie: Morbid Laboratory
    6 Miragul's Menagerie: Grand Library
    6 Miragul's Menagerie: Theater of Imprisoned Horrors
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Can the devs rip the Halo Slayer sound effect, and add it to the game for the achievement sound effect?
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

No, but you can do it yourself.
    1. Obtain the sound as a .wav file.
    2. Add it to your "/Everquest/AudioTriggers/default/" folder.
    3. Create the trigger with the phrase you want it to be used for.
    4. ???
    5. Profit! (in the form of laughter)
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There is often more than one zone with an NPC type and often the same NPC types is on different faction in a different location. For example, if you need to kill dark elves and you don't want to decimate your Neriak factions, go to TBS and slaughter dark elf pirates since they're not on any Neriak faction. They are on a faction, though, but you might not care about that one being floored.
  12. Hamshire Augur

So im on a TLP thats in Seeds of Destruction & this is my Banestrike.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I never achievement hunted Banestrikes nor went off the beating path to get anything extra. If I did will my rank go up to 2/4? 3/4? Is there a progression bar for this or anyway to track the progress? Am I locked at 1/4 because I am in Seeds of Destruction and not a further expansion?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You got the first rank for any slayer achievement and you can track the remaining upgrades with the achievements in the slayer category. While I am not sure if you can get all 4 ranks at that time I know you can get one or two more ugrades.
  14. Hamshire Augur

I see it so in achievements under slayer general is four achievements and each one you complete adds an extra 2%. [IMG]
  15. Brickhaus Augur

Megadeath isn't one of the 4 that matter for Banestrike technically. It's just an achievement that shows you have finished all of them. And the progression is 2, 4, 7, 10 which in practical terms at max level right now, is .4% per banestrike percentage (so 2% bane = .8% practical, 4% = 1.6%, etc.) This at least was what the parses showed roughly on Test.

The first achievement for Banestrike is finishing any of the subparts of either Progressive, Highly Decorated or A Force of Nature ... which means Progressive since I'm not sure you can do HD or AFoN without finishing one of the Progressive subparts.
  16. Gorg00 Augur

You can get 2% in classic, 4% in GoD, and both 7% and 10% in VoA.