Increase banked AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shredd, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Everyone who doesn't want to tryhard 1k aa every night after raids to be raid ready for tomorrow night, everyone who doesn't want raid mobs balanced around glyphs, everyone who is new enough not to be done with the aa grind...

It doesn't have to hurt someone to be a bad idea, anyways.
    Magickon and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

All of your examples pertain to TLP.

Do you have any current raiding experience? If you clear the current 9 raids in a night, you can certainly run out of glyphs before you run out of raids. And that is based on the dev implemented re-use timers of the glyphs. These raids have massive HP pools, many of them are a slogfest and glyphing makes large piles of HP pools take maybe a minute or two less time to get through an event.

Here's some current content for examples, the names were changed to protect the innocent:

T1:
    Combined (43): A cliknar nymph in 721s, 26.59B Damage @36.87M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.29B@1.95M in 661s {G}
    12 minute fight

Combined (30): Jakarashev in 729s, 13.40B Damage @18.38M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 651.39M@1.14M in 572s
    12 minute fight

Combined (71): A warblood in 837s, 34.98B Damage @41.79M, 1. Redacted = 1.98B@2.88M in 686s {G}
    14 minute fight

T2:
    Combined (35): Mutable Monstrosity in 572s, 23.91B Damage @41.81M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.10B@1.94M in 567s {L}
    9.5 minute fight

Combined (91): A crew member in 788s, 33.12B Damage @42.03M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.38B@2.00M in 693s
    13 minute fight

Combined (52): Serene Mass in 819s, 34.15B Damage @41.70M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.38B@1.70M in 814s {L}
    13.5 minute fight

T3:
    Combined (28): Demonstrated Depletion in 716s, 33.03B Damage @46.12M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.55B@2.54M in 611s {G}
    12 minute fight

Combined (51): A dyek`dator centi in 487s, 19.47B Damage @39.97M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 945.60M@2.24M in 423s {G}
    8 minute fight

Combined (62): Zun Vyl Dyn in 1210s, 46.61B Damage @38.52M, 1. Redacted +Pets = 1.90B@1.63M in 1165s {G7G}
    *Boss got leashed and not indicative of the normal fight duration or hp* 20 minute fight with the leashing of Vius Vex....an outlier.

So I argue again, a 12-15 minute re-use timer on glyphs, but vastly raising the bankable AAs. Especially considering there are AA costs of 200AA and a cap of 240.

95% of top tier raiders have been max AA since Jan and glyph every raid. It is already the standard.
  3. Szilent Augur

I'd pay 90 for a Glyph of Summon an Unwritten Glyph. Those were stackable items from LoN Prizes that would fill in one Glyph AA when clicked, like the Loyalty ones but wildcards.

i.e. double glyph cost to bag extras
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, they increased the cap to 2x your level with EoK, and then when they had to do a large AA refund the follow changes:
    Automatic rewards and refunds will allow you to go over the 2x and the 3x caps. But if you are over the 3x cap and camp, all AAs above the 3x cap will be lost. Additionally, you will not be able to use auto-grant until your AA count is below the 3x cap, or maybe the 2x cap I forget which.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You lose everything above the 3x cap and all the 2x cap does is prevent you from earning more from normal xp.
  6. Tegila Augur

They should just make the earnable cap 2x the highest priced aa rank(idk how high it goes exactly except that it's at LEAST 205) or 2x level, whichever is higher (so if they make bigger aas or we get to lvl 205+ lol, then it'd increase. )
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That just means they can increase the max cost of the next round of AA.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The first part is what I said, the second thing is incorrect. You have obviously never been over the caps while you could receive an auto-grant. You explicitly cannot get auto-grant if you have too many unspent AAs. It is there to prevent people from gaining hundreds or thousands of AAs that they didn't previously have after AA refunds.
    For example, if they refund a consolidated and altered lines of AAs and you get like 1000AAs from all of the lines, but Auto-Grant would give you 800 of those AAs, they want you to Spend down those AAs so that instead of 800 more AAs than you had before the refund you only have maybe 200 or 300 more AAs. It is a thing, there is a warning message and everything. I just don't remember if it is the 2x or the 3x point that it does it at, though I am leaning towards 2x.
  9. Tegila Augur

fine then 150% of it. but when the buffer from saving for a rank is well below 20%(17% if the highest IS 205, 14% if 210, etc) it's too easy to lose track after waiting through 83% of the cap and be sure you spend before 100%. I'm pretty sure i only have 1 toon working on the 200+cost ranks still(i procrastinate doing them for this exact issue) but that doesnt mean it's not an issue to others.

It is literally the ONLY AA line that costs this much, but everyone has multiple ranks of it starting at 200/rank. I hardly think a higher cap would encourage higher costs, almost nothing else even costs HALF as much, and those are in the same tab.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And why do you think that we are not going to get more like that in the future? It doesn't matter if they double the current cap or only increase it by 50% but either way it means they can just create new even more expensive AA for players to buy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Shaman have two 200+ point AA lines.
  12. Tegila Augur

are they both synergy lines?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Does it really matter? As time goes on and the AA cap increases they are going to add in more high cost AA lines.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

I haven't read this thread but what they should do is reduce the number of banked AAs and cut the stats for dragon glyph in half since it's way too strong.
    Ssdar and Warpeace like this.
  15. Tegila Augur

I was asking because I don't know. I think a yes or no would be faster to post:p
  16. Juzam_Djinn Elder

huh, wow, they finally changed Gift of Mana to work like it did way back in the day and the way we said it should have kept working?
  17. Cven Journeyman

While we are asking for things related to glyphs. I would love to be able to use more than 1 glyph type at the same time. If we are limited by AA cap why not let glyphs stack?