Ruleset announcement in early April

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Captain Video Augur

Per JChan on the latest EQ Show.

It will be something that's "never been done before", and if it works well, they might consider applying it to Live servers. Put that in your thinking cap and smoke it.
    Aiona and Yinla like this.
  2. Koniku Elder

omg they are acutually going to disable levitation in plane of fire
    Haeldar, Aiona, Laronk and 5 others like this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Oh I know what it is, I already predicted it. What's EQ2 doing.
    What questions are they asking in EQ2?

Now they mentioned can be applied to Live, so it should be an interesting ruleset.

Tough thing is, I always wanted to get back into EQ2 and actually go through a full run, now that EQ and EQ2 are doing it. To play on EQ or EQ2 that's the question. I might play both games.

Does Truebox take into consideration EQ and EQ2 boxing? account on EQ and account on EQ2 same computer? Might box both games.
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

So PvP is out at least.
    Aiona likes this.
  5. Arclyte Augur

mayor gubbin your time has come, wretched thing
    Lineater and Fading Illusion like this.
  6. Sakuraba Augur

Hey, you leave that fine upstanding man alone. He's served Rivervale faithfully for 29 years and not ONCE has there been a major jumjum crisis under his watch. Long as the farms go undisrupted outside of the occasional raid by that rascally Nillipuss there's no reason to initiate something as bothersome as a mayoral recall election...
    Aiona, NImxat, Tacobelle and 2 others like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

PvP with permadeath?
  8. Fading Illusion Augur

10/10 forum comment. More of this please.
    Sakuraba likes this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

No one serves as "mayor" for that long legitimately. The thieves guild obviously runs the town, since they operate out in the open out of a "bar" at the center of town mocking named "Fool's Gold".

Mayor Gubbin is a manchurian candidate and must be destroyed.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  10. Sakuraba Augur

Keeping the rogues on the payroll keeps them from burgling the decent folk, they burgle from the bixies and the goblins instead. And I don't know about you but I've never met a goblin I'd be fine sharing a pint of cider with.
  11. code-zero Augur

Hmm
    New races: That's been done
    New classes: That's been done
    New race/class combo's: That's been done
    PvP: that's been done
    Free Trade: That's been done
    Random loot: Been done
    Serverwide war events: been done

Those are some of the most common requests I can recall but all those have at some point been done in the past.

Anything I am missing there?

And what is something that could be done on a TLP that wouldn't effect Live but could be added to live????
  12. Sakuraba Augur

Could be that you are missing the forest for the trees here, you are being extremely general rather thinking narrowly/more focused.

We have definitely had all of the above at some point, and only half that list would actually influence live. But that's speaking extremely generally.
  13. Grummle Journeyman

Unlock all Race/Class combinations, Ogre Monks, report for duty.
  14. code-zero Augur

My point was that all those things I listed are things that HAVE been done before. Nothing there would be remotely experimental
  15. Lineater Augur

Best guess I've heard so far is scalable group and/or raid content. Making raid content more accessible and less like a second job seems like an experiment worth trying. 2-4 group raids instead of 8-12.
    filthytlpplayer and code-zero like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

Only if frontal melee stun immunity is removed from Ogre's. That is the only way to maintain any semblance of balance with all/all
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Corrupt Qeynos and Freeport guards paid for this propoganda.

Carson McCabe is laughing all the way in Highpass.
  18. Trox2010 Augur

PvP Toggle
    HekkHekkHekk and RABKkehhalla like this.
  19. Jury New Member

I can't help but weigh in with ideas such as Mercenaries from the get go, or being able to have multiple mercenaries, I figure it is a mechanic already in the game that would be "new to a TLP." Also it would not require much change from the coding end. Although mercenaries themselves are nothing new. Being able to have multiple would be. That could be something they might be thinking to push on to live as well seeing as how mercenaries themselves already exist on live.
    Other thoughts included scaling dungeon/dz diffculties so smaller raid groups could be used for bigger targets in instances and vis versa. Time with 72 people if you had them. They would probably implement some kind of loot changes along with such an idea. I figure these changes would not take as much time and man power to implement, and would be relatively new to EQ.
    Another thought which I hope they don't take is scaling every zone to your level or your character to the zone as was done in WoW and FFXIV. That I think would detract from the nostalgia of EQ.
    Lastly, I thought about EQ being divided down faction lines. So pvp would be available based on reputation just as npc would be KoS or not. I think this would take a LOT more work, but it would definitely be interesting as EQ has a ton of factions. Plus it would probably make the PVP'ers happy, and it would add a little more weight to the various factions. Though, I am not a fan of this idea, it would definitely be different and it does not currently exist in EQ.

These are just a few thoughts. All you trolls can now have fun telling me how I am wrong ;-)
    Ketchup4 likes this.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

You missed
    51/50