How to return to higher lvl toon after very long break?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Foxpaws Dragonlover, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Notinterested Augur

Yes, thats how it works when you are responding to something specifically. Kind of like how you only responded to part of what I said...

What? Of course it does lol. Its a 100% escape from a bad pull every 10 minutes. How can you say it dont do squat for a bad pull?

Of course FD is superior, i literally said mage escape sucks. Point is they can aggro dump and escape a bad pull.
  2. kookoo Augur

shaman solo very well , specially at higher level , we got tools to help that,
    best AA root in game
    best AA ae root in game , can kill several at same time if you want too, ( again, higher level it get better ).
    best mana regen in game , great dots, good heals ,
    instant cast spirit of cheetah run speed .
    2 ways to loose agro, shaman totem, and , spirit of urgency ( i think is the name ), ect,
    can get instant cast Feing Death ring ( shaman only , easy task ) 2 charges but can be recharged easy ),if you buy an extra box for combine, you get 4 charges every time you go recharge it,

you can add a merc if you wish ,if needed , at higher level , shm pet with mage pet toys can tank decently .

what is your toon name in FV , foxpaws ?
    Annastasya likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

What server are you playing on?

Join any larger family style guild, ask questions, this doesn't have to be an OR thing, you can play the rogue and also level something(s) else. If it's on any server I have characters on, I can probably help directly.

also - sadly the xp per mob kill is slower the higher you go. At a certain point the game comes dowwn to missions / TAs / fast kill grind groupage. If you are purely into solo / molo Nec / SHD / MAG imo (and all 3 benefit from a rogue alt boxed.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

druid with runspeed buff can just dot and run to kite vs anything it can land a dot on just like a necro and can <exodus> if things go awry. Snare is a luxury, not a necessity to a druid.

Necros can use whisperwind AA / mounted and outrun anyhing in game without runspeed buffs to do the same. Whisperwind teleports you forward roughly a base casting range unmodified and if monted, works while running and 100% stops your motion. with extended casting range mods you will have wait a moment until the mobs are in casting range again.
    Again, the mount is just a luxury. Just normal running and Whisperwind works.
  5. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

I moved my rogue over to FV (I had no choice if I wanted to keep all my fun clickies and money) But Foxpaws was taken, so I ended up as Foxpawz. Lame, I know, but what can you do? Plus a I had some old pre-nerfed items to toss on new toons like Fungus staff.
    I did fully clear the tutorial area quests with SHD yesterday just to kinda get back into things, but part of why I was asking the community for suggestions before I go down the rabbit hole of time invested in one toon.
  6. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

Moved over to FV. I prefer the non-restricted loot system to share stuff between alts.
    I've also heard the xp is boosted there, though I found that out afterwards and I dont know if that holds true today.
    As for guilding, that would be nice, but I'll be honest, I dont know what kinds of guilds are active for grouping with lowbies these days outside the Time-progression types servers.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

ahh didn't see FV

there are a bazillion friendlies on FV at all level ranges.
  8. kookoo Augur

oki i will send you a tell when i see you there .
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Emerald Alliances on FV, Now Emerald Alliances Reborn is my home there. Great bunch of people.
    Rijacki and Foxpaws Dragonlover like this.