Bazaar listing limit

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zugren, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

100% this.
    Andarriel and Svann2 like this.
  2. Sebbina Augur

So do we set a new Trader limit of 10 mill (maybe just for FV or does that server need a 100 mill limit for Traders), it wont matter in a few years there will be loud cries to double or triple it. What about the regular servers do they get a special Trader limit. Also do we set a new Buyer limit, my home server Krono went from 3 mill to 4 mill since last summer/fall. I still suspect that there are Plat or Krono farmers for Cash sales and there is a circle of in game farming to acquire Kr to sell for $. (no certain idea what countries this would provide a living income or at what level of income, since a relatively modern comp is now req plus online access) Raise the wages and merchants are going to raise their prices to pay those wages + plus, meaning a need to raise wages more etc.
    My own position is that what happens in EQ stays in EQ and I only pay for new Expansions etc. and buying Krono for $ in game or out is not good for me, there are of course wealthy people that dropping 1000$ for a bucket of Krono is a minor matter. Changing limits in the bazaar or holding them, there will be people disagreeing either way, and the topic will keep showing up whatever is decided.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Have to be higher than 10m Krono's go for 9-9.5m pp each but to people that want to go to the front of the line goes for 10m each and i dont see them going down in price. Would be nice to buy krono's from traders that would be awesome. The only reason i even goto general chat is to buy krono's. Maybe oneday they will raise the limit. Raid items go for more than 2m unless its pretty old expansion. I dont sell raid gear myself although raising the limit would allow people to sell Gifts saddle illusions ect and other stuff from crate's.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Higher limit means more inflated pricing.

Only benefits resellers.

Newplayers/Returners huge blow to those people

100 Heroic, gives you 35k plat, that's nothing.in 2023.
    85 Heroic, gives you 25k plat back in 2014 25k was something. Not a whole lot though.

See heroics, its like real life inflation, prices driving up like crazy, yet the earnings barely changed at all.

Having a bazaar cap helps slow down inflation. It can be a lot worse with no cap.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seeing more selling spam in general for blood soaked stuff. Had to /ignore one because he just had so many items it was annoying. Its too bad he couldnt just put it in bazaar .
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea very annoying how people can do that theres a few on FV. Like bam bam like 10 links with stuff. Its like welcome to Ignore! I enjoy my peace and quite finally i turned off shouts and auction chat yay me.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

items sell for over 2 million plat without the need for resellers which means this hurts everyone trying to buy or sell high value items.

And the heroic characters are not intended to have enough money to buy high value items.
    Ssdar likes this.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

There is /auc for a reason.

If people are not using the proper channels, they need to relook at UI/UX design system.

Returners/newplayers all don't have 2mil plat, even regular players many of them don't have 2 mil plat.
    Letting inflation skyrocket because no limit in bazaar, hurts these players.

Its not like everyone is running around with over 2 mil plat and they have to raise it. It's just small % of the population that can afford over 2 mil plat items.

higher plat increase just makes resellers stronger and more dominant.
    If you want to milk resellers, place limits on buy orders.
    Resellers will have to work even harder buying more subscriptions so they can control the entire market if there is limits on buy orders. Ex. buy 20 different items per buyer.

Unlimited plat cap, unlimited buying items, that just leads to someone controlling the market. Be thankful there is some cap to both.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Newplayers/returners are supposed to earn their gear by playing the game and getting drops. If they expect to come in and sell a few kronos then buy all their gear they shouldnt complain about inflation. Especially if they are trying to buy chase gear.
    FYAD and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

So you are suggesting newplayers to come to game, which is usually on a free account, buy kronos to catchup gearwise?

Newplayers earn their drops? 90-115 is going to be very rough for them with no one on Live server.
    Shocking how there is little to none population of newplayers/returners on Live server.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That channel only works in your current zone which makes it worthless for selling items as you won't be able to reach most of the people on the server. In order for a channel like that to work it would need to be server wide.

This isn't a matter of inflation skyrocketing as there have been items that are worth over 2 million plat for a long time now and it makes it much harder for players to buy and sell high value items as both parties have to be online and available to meet for a trade at the same time. Keeping the bazzar limit at 2 million isn't going keep prices low or lower and it will just limit what can sell as you will have players not sell lower value items because they don't want to bother because they can't also sell the higher value items at the same time.
    Ssdar likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

New players don't need best in slot gear/chase items to get started and there are many items they can get that are much cheaper or earn them as they play.
    Ssdar and Svann2 like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I never said that.
    Reading is fundamental.

Lets be real. This isnt about defiant gear. This is about BIS blood soaked gear. It should be expensive and newplayers/returning players should not be expected to get it easily.
    Ssdar likes this.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

Yes and only small % of population can afford it. Why make a big change which is only for small % of people. Which would lead to more rapid inflation.

If your issue is with people spamming, block is there for a reason, /auction is there for a reason. If neither is working as intended, UI/UX design on those features needs to be relooked at.

Rather have them work on other stuff than things for resellers to capitalize on.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those are not the only items that go for over 2 million plat though you have hit on one of the likely reasons that the change has not yet been made even though it has been requested for years.

Also as I have mentioned before /auction does not work as a channel for buying and selling items as it is limited to the zone you are in and it misses the majority of the server. In order for it to work as a channel for people to buy and sell instead of /general it would need to also be a server wide channel that people joined in addition to other general channels.

If this change ever happens there will be a lot more people to benefit for it then the resellers
    Ssdar likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If someone is getting so much blood soaked that it is a big deal to sell in general then they are likely afk killing so my heart does not go out to them.

The only folks a baz price limit helps are those who are "regularily" selling very high priced items. The game has zero need to cater to this part of the game population. And for those who make very occasional sales that high in the bazaar likewise because they are rare and only occasionally need to sell things over 2 mil.

FV is the only server changing the ceiling on sales price might make sense but definitely not needed on any other server.

My hear just does not go out for those who are constantly selling items over 2 mil. Sorry but they are not the folks I am into helping in EQ.

Make a case how this helps the returning folks or the average player but helping the high rollers? Hard pass. And that is from someone who made a fair bit of change from the baz.
    uberkingkong likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Picture this: a new player plays the game and gets lucky with a blood soaked drop that he cannot use since its the wrong class. He is forced to sell it for less than its worth or take it to /general where he risks getting put on ignore. Thus this does hurt the new player too.

And then he ends up selling it cheap to someone who unbeknownst to the new player is a reseller. So the bazaar limit actually hurt the newplayer and helped the reseller.
    Ssdar and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is also no reason to not change the limit in the bazaar and allow higher priced items to get sold. It is just a matter of when it makes it up high enough on the priority list.
    Ssdar likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As much as we all speculate we have no idea of DBs opinion or reason why they haven't changed it. I think it will cause more inflation on prices so that would be my reason for not doing it. That and I don't see a pressing need except maybe on FV.

But yeah daybreak will do what they want regardless of what we all say.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ahhh so the baz price change isnt about easy of use its about getting even more money for things.. So yeah it will cause inflation of prices. I am sure there are many who would like to buy various items that would go up quite a bit in price with a baz change.

Sorry don't see the need for the high end baz folks to make even more money. No need at all except maybe they want to run an army on kronos or do RMTs.

I know DB has given up on plat sinks likely because there is such a wide range of player richness in the game. Some never see a million plat some have a billion. If DB really wanted to make the change they would have already. At least that is my hope that they are just not interested in updating it.

We can talk about this over and over I guess some folks feel they can influence DB that way. They won't influence me unless they can bring more data to the table.

And as for returning folks selling the blood stuff.. ahhhh no. Just not going to be enough of them to justify that. Its the ones churning out content like crazy at the high end who are going to be more likely to do that.