Test Update 03/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Seems like a waste of time and spell slot to spam a lvl 65 spell for GoM proc to then flip to a 120 spell.
    Kaenneth, Emilari, Beimeith and 2 others like this.
  2. Knifen Augur

What ever they did to this hope it fixes Visage of the Dark Arachnid as well, that was another glitched one that could only be shrunk by AA shrink not clicky items.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

" - A clickable link to view the contents of UIErrors.txt will now be displayed in your main chat window if any errors are detected when loading a UI skin. "

So this means my 'Tabless Chat' Windows will break?
    Why not put a shortcut to UIErrors in the Window Selector ALT W ?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This just opens the UIErrors.txt file just as the link from the /output command does.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  5. Captain Video Augur

All of which, I believe, backs up my claim that the original system was purposefully designed to be melee-centric, and that how it might work for casters was an afterthought. The range increase from 70 to 160 didn't happen until nearly two years after it began, and as you yourself pointed out, even then it was still less than standard DD spell range. The bigger range increase didn't occur until the passive system launched, which entailed a complete revamp of how things worked for casters. It's also worth noting that neither of these significant range increases were mentioned in patch notes.

My admitted memory lapses aside, this entire argument documents how the evolution of the Banestrike mechanic has been tilted in stages in favor of casters. I'm not the only one saying wait a minute, there is a balance issue here, and it's funny how all the vets voicing their affection for this latest change seem to be caster mains. It also continues to beg the question of why they couldn't just put a toggle on the Banestrike AA, which is what a lot of players (including yours truly) had asked for when the passive system first came out.
  6. Xyza Journeyman

I wish tribute was coded like our power sources. Only gets used during combat.
    Toukan and Skuz like this.
  7. Xyza Journeyman

Oh, I thought you had to be on a mobs hate list to get credit towards a slayer check.
  8. Knifen Augur

I think thats just to take the faction hits.
  9. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Wouldn't it be funny if another cause of lag was not just the banestrike procs, but also the server updating the kill counts?
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

I actually posted in the bug thread and it was moved here by a dev.

In a separate note - they should add increase % mitigation or melee/spell shielding % to some of these type of improvements.

It wouldn't have to be 10%

A simple 1% increase to melee/spell/dot shielding on the next item that gives 10% increase to DPS would be more inclusive.
  11. ChiiChii Augur

Is this going change how frostbound and wildflame strike work together by changing it the spell line of wildflame procs to a spell line of wild(element) strike type procs which don't count towards the counter to meet alliance?
  12. kizant Augur

The current version is just a little stronger now. The spell line has actually been slowly increased for a few expansion now.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  13. Brickhaus Augur

From the EQ Resource spell changes, it looks like the name changes are just string changes. One would assume that the alliance line goes off spell id numbers, not text (numbers are easier to match than text) so it shouldn't make a difference. I'll run some checks when the patch goes live just to double check though. Better safe than sorry.
  14. kyong Augur

Wow aspect of the brood shrinks 4 times...half as tall as brownie...and about as tall as shrunk form of the recluse but 1/3 as wide....

Instead of making it heirloom everyone will want it for the smallest shrink.
    MustardonWatermelon likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A very common-sense suggestion.

I like it.
    Xyza likes this.
  16. ChiiChii Augur

Thank you for your kindness.
  17. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

Enchanter AA proc “Gift of Hazy Thoughts” was overlooked when the last patch fixed Chromatic Haze to have no maximum level limit, and I see no mention of it here. Please respond, developer(s).
  18. Brickhaus Augur

Why? There are only 6 ranks so the line itself doesn't need to be shortened. And the proc was changed to be level agnostic (except the last rank, which has been bugged I believe).

The aa works with a now 25 level spread (started at 20) and has no upper limit per rank. Since it was introduced in TDS, it doesn't need to be working with level 1 spells.
  19. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

Because now every other ADPS supports progressive (level 255) abilities except for this one. Its sister AA, Chromatic Haze works.

Its not about exploiting lower level enchanters, it’s about max level enchanters supporting progressive spells the same way magicians’ synergy has THE WHOLE TIME.
  20. kizant Augur

That fix is in this new patch so I wouldn't worry about it.