30th Expansion 64 bit

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Mar 12, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

I'm going to assume, NoS T3 raids are done, so now its time for prepping the next expansion.

My suggestion is fully everything in that expansion is 64 bit.
    No nothing not 64 bit, trees grass, mountains, if they not 64 bit they do not belong.

Getting there, take an airship ride from steamfont mountains.
    Takes you to 30th expansion.
    Has a welcome screen and everything is all 64 bit HI TECH EQ, night and day difference you can see from old not 64 bit EQ and everything HI TECH 64 bit EQ.

See this,

now EQ has 64 bit I'm expecting big improvements from the 30th expansion, night and day differences from past expansions.

GW2 they went from 64 bit to 8bit to bring in more players, so if EQ can't handle 64bit night and day improvements, may want to step back to 8 bit.

yes this actual gameplay.
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You have posted so many threads about 64 bit yet you have absolutely no idea what that actually means for Everquest. Good grief.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

64 bit games:
    minimind and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Sakuraba Augur

I didn't think there was anyone who understood the "bit difference" less than I did, but lo and behold.
  5. kizant Augur

If Wizards had 64bit spell casting maybe we'd catch up to the other casters. :(
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

64 bit iron rations are way better then 32 bit iron rations.
  7. Highwizard Augur

ill take some of that 64 bit casting to xD
  8. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

hmmmm..
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Make it so!
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

I refuse to play EQ with a N64 controller
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

if you post this again, I'll like it again.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'm going to just leave this here.

CrazyLarth, Grove and Rijacki like this.
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I need a 64-bit pet...that extra 32-bit means my pet is denser therefore AC bonus!
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  14. Koshk Augur

When Spinal Tap plays EQ, I bet they use 65-bit clients.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Careful what you ask for.
    No one wants 64 bit gnomes!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Why don't you use your considerable intellect and educate him and the rest of us what 64 bit is?
  17. Tucoh Augur

I heard for the 30th expansion they're porting to Unreal Engine 5.1. This is actually footage from Blightfire and Steamfront.

18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Weird. I heard EQ was going to be ported to a holographic AI driven universe.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

I thought they were going for a ready player one movie style game. No more fat EQ players!

Cloud goes and grabs some spicy nacho doritos while waiting for servers to come back up.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

So with the 64 bit, we’re now pretty much unbound from any memory limitations. So we can now have higher quality textures, higher quality models. And just being able to use a lot more memory on people’s machines instead of being bound by that 3 gig limit.

This is what I mean by the zones.
    All that weather talk in early 2000s I'm expecting that. New models, new zone look and feel.
    Not just new but better graphics. Like going to south karana compared to lceanium, well 30th expansion make lceanium look night and day outdated.

I'm expecting to see and feel the wind with 64 bit, the bar is set high, 29th expansion saw little to none, 30th expansion I'm expecting to see them go ALL OUT.

Raids can be on the backburner. Graphics and 64bit should be focus of 30th expansion.