Various prices for high end items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by danjuh444, Mar 5, 2023.

1. danjuh444 New Member

Good Morning everyone,
    I wanted to complain about the various prices for high end items. As I was shopping in the /baz I discovered too late prices were far and few between the same item. The Multifaceted Spineret is now 10,000 or 4,000 Platinum. Yesterday I bought one approx. 50,000. Spiked Rod of the Disciple is going for 149,000 or 30,000. I bought one for 29,990. I wish there was less variation between the prices. Thanks very much, have a nice day.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

This lady at work complained when the cost of stamps went from 30 to 32 cents!
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

It's a free trade market. In a market determined by players, you will see a variation of prices.
    Dre., Andarriel, danjuh444 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ismel Augur

It is definitely not because some of us dont updated prices unless we run out of room
    Tegila, Kaenneth, Moege and 1 other person like this.
  5. Alnitak Augur

Are you more displeased by overpaying for Spinneret or by underpaying for Rod? Although, you've paid 79,990 for both, which is in the middle of the price range 159,000 to 34,000.

And who will have the authority to decide on the range of those variations? Yourself ?
    Or will that be a proper price discovery of the market, with market makers, futures, options, exchange oversight, failure-to-deliver penalties, custodials, naked-short limitations, transaction fees, high-frequency trading rules, congressional hearings, banks conspiracies, cartels and ponzi schemes, and all the shenangians of the World.
    And then we'll have a fluid and true price discovery mechanism, which will be constantly violated by those who can get away with it.

Alternatively - do your best and shop around and make your own judgement calls when you buy/sell.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Also people price whats a item goes for if there is none in the baz lot of time people have no idea what its worth so they will put it high most likely. I remember way back in the day with a website called eqprices.com
    danjuh444 and Rijacki like this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

LOL! Don't buy them then. They are that price because of supply and demand. No one buys, price goes down.

You can always make/forage/loot yourself. That is a possibility in this game. There is a game outside of MarketQuest. :p
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It no different than shopping at the local grocery store and paying $1.49 for the bag of chips or stopping at the convenience store or using the snack machine at work where you would pay twice that or more.
    Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Do you know that the bazaar isnt a game vendor right? It's other people...
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

There ya go again, destroying illusions.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. danjuh444 New Member

I appreciate the feedback. My concern was for fairness for all players seeking better equipment despite an unusual fluctuation in prices. I thought EQ was in charge of /baz, so it makes sense.
  12. danjuh444 New Member

If we need an item, we don't want to overpay for something. That was my only concern.
  13. danjuh444 New Member

It's all in one box; sellers could better evaluate their prices.
  14. danjuh444 New Member

Yeah I remember that.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its worth what its worth to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. So if you find something in the baz you want while browsing then use the search key to search for that specific item to make sure they all showed up.

If you feel its too high then offer in chat that you want to buy said item for what you feel is a fair price.

Keep in mind traders offering stuff for sale often put too LOW of a price on things. So it can work both ways.

Right now there is a bow I want. Watching the baz daily and more of them got listed but were higher than the original one I saw lol. But still watching..........when it drops in price I will buy it. Until then there is no beauty in it for me. ;)
    xcitng, danjuh444 and Rijacki like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If it isn't worth the price to you don't buy it.

Back in 2001 I'd just started playing I was in EC tunnel looking for upgrades for myself, someone wanted to by my stat player made earring, I did't want to sell, but he kept badgering so I gave in and charged him 10PP for it. He went off happy. Later he came back and said the earring wasn't worth the amount he paid and wanted some plat back. I pointed out I didn't want to sell and that was what the earring was worth to me. I spent the 10PP on other upgrades for myself.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Or something doesnt sell after a few weeks. Nowadays i dont check prices to much on my main. There's always people beating your prices by 1pp or something stupid like that. In fact when im buying and someone does that i buy the higher price one and if i wanna lower my price i dont do 1 pp i do something like 50k or something. Baz can be pretty stupid but what can you do its a free market.