Spectral Luclinite Amice of xxx

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Dalrek_MM, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Dalrek_MM Elder

I got my hands on an Apparitional Amice fastener

As a tank the difference between the final items seems..minimal

Spectral Luclinite Amice of Brilliance has 14605 hp, 38 Hsta, 38 Hagi
    Spectral Luclinite Amice of Adroitness has 14522 hp, 37 Hsta, 40 Hagi
    Spectral Luclinite Amice of Vigor has 14462 hp, 40 Hsta, 36 Hagi

When I check different tank magelo profiles, I can find 4 that made adroitness (2 pally, 2 SK) only one made the brilliance, Foob (war)

I had the impression that Hagi made little difference past a certain point on raidbosses. Unless its different for knights.

Its 83 hp and +1 Hsta compared to loosing +2 Hagi

Is it just cause it feels weird for a tank to craft a brilliance item that people chose mainly adriotness? Does it even matter at this point?
  2. Nightops Augur

**Here is my breakdown for the stat comparison on the 3 items listed (and only based on the 3 stats listed).

If your idea is to go for more Heroic STA to boost your hps, then you should consider the +2HSta on the vigor comes at a -143 hps when compared to the brilliance. You will get more hps total using the Brilliance version.

If you view hps as a 'secondary' stat to maxing your heroic potential in order to boost your other stats (mitigation, avoidance, accuracy/CE) then go with whatever type gives you the max. FYI, the Adroitness does have +1 H Dex over the other two. That might have been the reason why some of the knights chose that type.

---
    For your last question... The difference in a singular item does not matter at this point. When there is very little between the 3 types, it's player's preference for their stat of choice. If your primary stat choice is AC above all, then your character only has to make like 5 or 6 choices for your whole set of gear. However that is the name of the game for Min/Max people. For several slot items, like the amice, the difference is hardly noticeable, while other slots do have AC difference which forces the tanks choice.

Several long-time players have been wanting / asking for better itemization and differentiation for years. I'm sure if we do get a change, there will be lots of people on the other side complaining about the change.
  3. Maedhros High King

There is next to no difference on these at all.
    Those infinitesimally small differences in stats amount to practically nothing today with the massive stat-inflation.
    Personally I think if I had to pick one based on these negligible differences in stats, it looks like I'd probably lean towards the adroitness but this is probably the greatest case of "it couldnt matter less" than any item comparison I've ever seen in the game.
    Pick whichever one you think has the coolest icon picture and thats as good a reason as any other.
    alanus, Syylke_EMarr and Dalrek_MM like this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Adroitness, because all your items should match, because you should be stacking hdex :)
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Unless one of the heroics puts you over the next threshold, the differences are all effectively meaningless.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and alanus like this.
  6. Annastasya Augur

..In which case- go with the most raw hitpoints, if for no other reason than to make life some fraction of a nano-percent easier for ME. ;P

When faced with choices similar to these, and as a cleric similarly in raid gear, the differences are even exponentially more trivial than they are for you, i go with raw Mana or Mana regen. Given there are no major differences in the other relevant stats. i "love" how, in recent years, one of the rings or earrings has basically the same stats as all the others, or in some cases, even slightly better stats, but additionally has +100 AC over all the other choices.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  7. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

Dang, all this time I have been picking my slot upgrades based upon the item graphic. Am I doing it wrong?