Increase banked AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shredd, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That's an "easy solution" in search of a problem. If people are having to glyph repeatedly during raids, there are other issues at play than the number of banked AAs they can have.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Shredd Augur

would love to stack 10 glyphs. . and yes I use all the glyphs I can on raids.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Banked AA limit is the result of bad design. Instead of giving players the option to bank or spend, we get an arbitrary limit which forces the bad design on us. WHO CARES if someone banks 10k AA and can buy all the AA at expansion launch? Honestly, who does it hurt?
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The devs care when people burn through content like that and turn around and complain about the lack of content.
    Nennius and Tegila like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Who is doing that, precisely? Oh, right. No one.

Besides, if Darkpaw cared THAT much about lack of content maybe they would, oh I don't know, create more content?

There is absolutely zero point in limiting banked AA any more. None. Anyone that can bank enough AA to buy them all is going to buy them all anyway. Delaying the inevitable is a terrible excuse to continue bad game design.
    Ssdar and Allayna like this.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

And that led them to rushing broken expansions every 6 months and a myriad of other issues. They just need to learn to be like Yoshi P (FF14), and know that players go hard and take breaks.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one was doing it? People used to bank XP on corpses before and level expansion was released (or unlocked on a TLP) so they can hit the new max level (or as close as they could) as soon as the expansion was available. They also did the same with banking AA's and quest rewards to get as many as possible as soon as the expansion unlocked.

They didn't make the changes to limit the amount of AA's you can have because no one was maxing AA's as soon as an expansion launched and complaining about needing more AA.

I am sure they would create more content if they had the resources to do that.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And those people are going to max ASAP anyway. Again - who does it hurt? No one.

I'm yelling into the void anyway. The banked AA limit will never change.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Hasnt the amount of glyphs worth of aa you can bank always been about the same?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the issue was with the speed that they did it as well as the complaints that followed about running out of AA to buy.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Mission accomplished. Now, it takes them 4 hours instead of 1 hour.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  12. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

No for a long while you could bank 150 AA and glyphs were only 10 AA each. Was very easy to run 15+ glyphs a night. For dps they were also 170% critical mod which was far more benefit the the current at 40 AA cost.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I hadn't considered maximizing performance an issue but I guess we can all have different perspectives.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Managing resources is also important.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Magickon Augur

Every time a new expansion unlocks, there is a race to who can beat it first. Realm of Insanity dominates first place of course. For a variety of reasons in recent years the margin of victory has been getting smaller and smaller. Some of those reasons include the tiered unlock system where they are only ever going against a third of the expansions content instead of the entire content. The expansions themselves have reportedly also gotten easier, so more than ever results in the standings has been coming down to how lucky a guild can get with the speed of an instance spinning up. If characters were able to bank thousands of aa's everyone would end up banking aa's for every stage of a tier unlock. People wanting to race would ultimately end up burning glyphs the entire time. It is short sighted to think that would not have an impact on the game.
  16. Allayna Augur

I’d support a much higher max AA count, I suggested triple the level at 360 would allow 1 glyph per event, but they could go higher with the trade off that glyph reuse was a bit longer. The idea being that you’d still only reasonably be able to glyph once per event in a night.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I was with you until you said "burning glyphs the entire time". News flash, they're already doing that. Glyphs are being considered when tuning raids. They aren't the bonus you're implying. They're a penalty.

Again I ask, who does it hurt to be able to bank as many AA as you like?
  18. Magickon Augur

Are there truly fewer events than what a person could now have for banked aa to where they could truly glyph for all of the unlock? Or is it just that a guild is burning on whatever events it is most beneficial to do so?

But it is not just new expansion unlocks where banking large amounts of glyphs could make a balance between fun and difficulty problematic. It's not just new content development that would be impacted but even prior content. Every TLP server unlock for example...

Allayna's post right above yours does seem to coincide with what I'm getting at really. Glyphing through an entire unlock, be it a new expansion or a prior expansion on a TLP has impacts beyond just saving some time. Think back to when they kept having to tune when intensity of the resolute and armor of experience became available on TLP's. Being able to have a virtually unlimited pool of AA glyphs is not automatically a good thing just because it would be "fun".
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They still have to XP for those AA. Every glyph used is bought and paid for.

Once again - who does it hurt? Every argument I hear to maintain status quo dodges this question.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Given how there used to be no cap and the devs went to the work to add in a soft and hard cap on the AA should be evidence that they don't want players to be able to bank as many AA's as they want. It isn't a matter of no AA cap impacting players or not.