New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Tranced Lorekeeper

The solution is attunable raid drops. You can still sell it, but the item maintains scarcity and value. This also lets DBG tack on a revenue stream by selling an unattuner item for $$$.
    Cheet likes this.
  2. Peteybot New Member

Fingers crossed for FV loot rule set. I prefer everything being tradeable. It would also make the economy a genuinely robust one.
    Crabman and Faydra like this.
  3. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

As Prathun said; "You don't want that".
  4. coltongrundy Augur

It's going to be 65/100 PoP start with free trade.
  5. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

do we get to start in defiant gear?
  6. Kahna Augur

I have never understood why people thought raid gear was "elite" or somehow difficult to obtain. Instances proved that it is not. Most raiders ARE casuals. I think folks are greatly over estimating the pool of people who don't raid in this game. Raid gear being tradable does not, in any way, diminish the effort it took to get it, it just gives me options on what to do with that gear once I am done with it. Before my only options was to destroy it. Most folks earn their raid gear through raids. And if some fool with more money than sense wants to drop 20 krono on a BIS piece in era I'll laugh at them and happily keep getting BiS for minimal effort.

I will never understand why people are so fussed about what someone else is wearing and how they got it. Envy is the only thing I can think of and who gets jealous over pixels.
    Crabman likes this.
  7. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Prathun abandoned Norrath long ago.
  8. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Everyone saying Mischief is still good and to just play there. Pretty sure Mischief is going to take a hit when 2.0 comes out. It was the best TLP to date and to not repeat it after giving mischief an entire extra year before a clone was the best way to have a good outcome this TLP. 100% its a clone of Mischief with some added little things probably.
  9. Faydra Augur

Good thing Mischief proved him very, very wrong.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Mischeif has random loot as well as more drops which takes away one of the big problems of RMT being able to lock down camps and prevent people from preventing others from getting the drops.
    Moforyguy12345 likes this.
  11. Kahna Augur

Well, to be fair he was talking about just free trade. Mischief isn't just free trade, the random aspect is a huge part of the success, even if folks might not like to admit it. The inability of individuals to lock down items AND the abundance of loot was a huge factor to reducing the toxicity of the early server. I don't think people give it enough credit.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Faydra Augur

Do we think random loot is as impactful later on with raid availability through AOC's? I never really considered random loot much of a draw myself, curious to hear your thoughts on that.
  13. Rcbauer Augur

If its going to be droppable loot it almost has to be 'random' imo.
    Otherwise you all know what's going to happen.
    Jasper Wiz likes this.
  14. Husk New Member

why do TLPs tend to speed through vanilla and Kunark? Do people generally dislike the earlier era?
    Schwifty likes this.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

That's a yes from me.

Im not sure why TLPs don't start in GoD. Doesn't make much sense.
  16. mrmine New Member

Im going to assume devs think about the time it takes to get to max, which is for most expansions levels (sometimes) + aa's. so even tho classic and kunark have level increases, they do not have aa's needed to grind as well. so 2 months each seems fair if the normal 2/3 month cadence. I personally liked 3/3/3/3 classic til pop like on mangler and aradune and others but I guess there was enough pushback from other people here or somewhere to get devs to lower it.

And your second question, if you just read the forums then yes it seems like just about everyone hates it. I do not think thats the case at all. and if you look at classic start tlps vs anything later than that, the classic start tlps all have such a higher number of people every time. (think mangler/aradune/mischief/yeli vs miragul/selos/vaniki and its night and day)
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raids are not the only items of concern as there are always drops from the group game that players need and can be locked down by farmers.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

Random loot is what makes free trade viable
  19. Dandolf New Member

FV style server without the random loot. - no old krono, only Krono purchased on that server. Can be xfered off at live.
  20. Husk New Member

That's sad to hear.

Vanilla -> Velious is basically the greatest era of MMO in my mind. When the gaming world was still magical and mysterious. I'm a returning player waiting to see what the new TLP will bring and I'm hoping to get more than just a couple weeks playing through my favorite content.
    Schwifty likes this.