What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. filthytlpplayer Elder

No, I don't personally care if my connection is encrypted. What I do care about is daybreak being proactive about anti cheat. I see blatant cheating regularly on the servers I play on, and enforcement appears to be very selective at best.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As has been said before if your computer has access to the data so does all the cheat programs that you are worried about.
  3. Grummle Journeyman

You are not wrong, but currently, those programs do not have to touch EQ's memory (I could be wrong but I think they just read the raw traffic). Encrypting it would then mean having to get something not readily available to decrypt traffic, you're no longer in the realm of 'the info is right there'.

At the very least, it would require a massive rework of those programs, which could be about enough to make them just die off, or at least die off from the current level of wide-spread abuse.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are overestimating the amount of work needed to do something like that and underestimating the amount of work people are willing to go to keep the programs working.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  5. filthytlpplayer Elder

Oh, didn't realize that had already been said. I guess they should just continue with the status quo then and not try to address the problem.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

[IMG]
    Raptorjesus5, Stymie, Szilent and 4 others like this.
  7. Koshk Augur

• Disable all spell casting in the Guild Lobby, with a few exceptions: resurrection spells and teleportation spells.
    • Character name rules and enforcement à la P99.
  8. Gorg00 Augur

Most of EQ's traffic is already encrypted on the wire.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I've never seen Mayong Mistmoore, so I just assume he looks like Doctor Frank N. Furter.
    Szilent, Alarya, Koshk and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Hahahahahahahahahaha priceless!
  11. Tucoh Augur

Oh, I've got another hot take:

Make buffs count down in all the zones. I'm tired of the peasants lagging out PoK on Bristlebane by grouping up by Franklin Teek.
    Koshk likes this.
  12. Vyl'nn New Member

Apprehensive is a stronger perception than dubious.
    The order of Faction should be;
    KOS
    Threatening
    Apprehensive
    Dubious
    Indifferent
    Raptorjesus5 and Annastasya like this.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

All buffs and items should be usable by a level 1.
  14. Szilent Augur

the lion fella? he looked really good! solid aesthetic, ferocious. He didn't look like a EverQuest player model, per se, but then EQ player models aren't exactly renowned for their dynamicism.
  15. Gnomereaper Augur

There's a theory that without Tharkis, PoK cannot exist. Some believe that Tharkis is PoK.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Xenthus New Member

The game mechanics do not work well with water. remove water from EQ
    Dre. likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

Kedge Keep is the best zone in EQ.
    Alarya, FranktheBank and Annastasya like this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

hot take is this game hasn't done much compared to what the competition has done.
    Tradeskill depot, other games done that long time ago. If thats main selling point for an expansion thats pretty sad.
    Seems like every year 1 little extra new thing.
    Other games, the competition, already done it.
    EQ is very slow in progress

follow, that should be fixed already. Like 10 years ago.
  19. Annastasya Augur

Shaman are low-key the 4th official pet class. In the last few years, i've become more and more impressed with the tanking abilities of goodboy spirit wolf. Shaman on full burn mode + Cleric actually make a decent duo.
    kizant likes this.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest